CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Gamecocks1137
TaySC
M.C.
gotrice?
TKE226
GoldenSpur7
CockNJersey
MEL
Carolina-Beez
**USC vs. Wofford GA (3655)
WBB: Any news on BCM (534)
2020 - Omari Thomas (379)
USC Grad, Robert D. (302)
Clemson fairgrounds (251)
Malcom Young Dead (221)
Inside the Locker Ro (221)
Can somebody design (206)
A Policemanís Bear H (99)
2015 Dodge Challenge (23)
**USC vs. Wofford GAME Th
I believe that we will be
Raise For Champ
Clemson fairgrounds parki
NCAAF: Wofford @ South Ca
College Football 2017
2017 High School Football
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti

Old 11-28-2016, 12:31 AM   #1
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material
Default 2018 - Zakoby McClain

LB from Valdosta, GA was offered by Muschamp and SC this evening. Would seem we are the first SEC team to offer (per 247)

http://247sports.com/Player/Zakoby-McClain-85806

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/12717
xXSirSpurXx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5600
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Zakoby McClain

I don't understand. Low 4 star linebacker from Georgia with only 5 commitable offers of 6 teams interested? I know it's for the next class, but does he have academic issues or something? Usually 4 and 5 stars have 10-20 offers in their junior year.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 23670
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Valdosta, GA LB Zakoby McClain (6-2 200) was in for USC’s junior day Saturday and said the Gamecocks sit firmly in his top ten after the visit. “I got there late and didn’t really get to see much but I like their facilities, I like their campus and I like the coaches. Coach Muschamp said I’m like an old school linebacker and they want me at South Carolina. They’ve got two starters leaving and will have only one linebacker with experience, so I’d have a chance to start if I work hard.” McClain also has in his top list Florida State, Tennessee, LSU, Wisconsin, Auburn, UCLA and Nebraska. He has visited Florida State and will go to Auburn next Saturday and might visit LSU after that. He’s looking at making his decision in August.
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ior-day-notes/
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 5875
SCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudly

Valdosta won state last year so they'll get a little more exposure on the recruiting trail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/SCMunnerlyn1
PSN SCMunnerlyn1
SCMunnerlyn1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
I don't understand. Low 4 star linebacker from Georgia with only 5 commitable offers of 6 teams interested? I know it's for the next class, but does he have academic issues or something? Usually 4 and 5 stars have 10-20 offers in their junior year.
It could also be that he hasn't been to a lot of camps, etc.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #6
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 22544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...ain-junior-day

The No. 23-rated outside linebacker in the class of 2018 said he had a “good” visit to Columbia and was impressed by the “facility and campus.”
McClain arrived knowing he was a top recruit for South Carolina. But on Saturday, he got a little more detail from coach Will Muschamp and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler.
“They want me at South Carolina. (That) was the message. But I’m the linebacker they need. I’m like an old school linebacker, because I’ll hit anything,” McClain said. “I’ll fit in good with the players.”
After the 2017 season, South Carolina will lose two if their starting linebackers in Skai Moore and Bryson Allen-Williams.
“They’re going to need some good linebackers,” McClain said. “I’ve got a chance to start for a spot. They’re going to have me mostly in the middle and a little bit outside.”
Along with South Carolina, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, UCLA and Wisconsin have offered the 6-foot, 205-pound prospect.
When asked about favorites, McClain said the Gamecocks occupy a spot in his top 10, but he didn’t offer any further details.
Next Saturday, he’ll visit Auburn. Two weeks later, he hopes to see LSU.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 5875
SCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudly

Not sure of his list but I can say that kids around here seem to favor Florida state and Uga over all others most of the time.

https://www.facebook.com/SCMunnerlyn1
PSN SCMunnerlyn1
SCMunnerlyn1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #8
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Auburn and Mississippi State have come a calling.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #9
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Named auburn his leader
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #10
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ill trade him for Quin and Tindall
Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #11
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

GamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Ill trade him for Quin and Tindall
Totally agree.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #12
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Just listened to an interview with him and he said auburn has a small lead because he just visited said he might come back to SC soon the radio guys say that muschamp absolutely loves this kid
Old 04-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #13
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Well we cant take everyone. How many LB's do we expect to sign? I know we will have 7 this fall
Old 04-05-2017, 06:48 PM   #14
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 15000
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Well we cant take everyone. How many LB's do we expect to sign? I know we will have 7 this fall
I believe the number is 3, wouldn't be surprised if the right guy came along and they took a 4th but as we stand today 3.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:18 PM   #15
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

What's going on with this kid since we have all those other LB that seem close to committing
Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #16
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Close to committing isn't good enough. Whoever jumps on board that is a good player, take him.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:29 AM   #17
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Looking like this kid is West Virginia Bound. Things must be looking good for Tindall
Old 09-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #18
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Looking like this kid is West Virginia Bound. Things must be looking good for Tindall

Hopefully!! And Dax too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #19
sgacock
Two Deep

Male

sgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMunnerlyn1 View Post
Valdosta won state last year so they'll get a little more exposure on the recruiting trail.

They've been a primary recruiting stop for 40 years
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #20
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
Hopefully!! And Dax too!!

Amen!!!!