CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
gotrice?
AR1
carolina_corpsman
kick_ball
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
TucockShakur
Flameout12
SanAntonioCock
DJ Wonnum (1136)
SEC Tip-Off Media Da (633)
Three former Gamecoc (597)
Arby's Venison Sandw (351)
The Spurs Up Show Ep (306)
LA Clippers: Sin in (216)
2018 - Dorian Gerald - Te
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
2018 - Dax Hollifield
***Can You Dig It? - Voll
Bowl pick post week 7
Arby's Venison Sandwich
DJ Wonnum
Injury Report Heading int
Travis Bell's Photos of F
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn

Old 10-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #441
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
Brought his younger brother with him on this trip. His brother is a DL prospect.
His younger brother is an absolute stud and may end up being an even better prospect than Dax.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:45 PM   #442
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Landing Dax will help bring “BIG” little brother in too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #443
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

To me if I'm a d prospect and I see muschamps track record for defensive NFL talent and the improvements he is making with t Rob to our d and I would have a hard time not wanting to play for him
Old 10-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #444
sosfan812
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
To me if I'm a d prospect and I see muschamps track record for defensive NFL talent and the improvements he is making with t Rob to our d and I would have a hard time not wanting to play for him
That's the one area I don't see muschamp and staff getting a whole lot of credit right now. His staff is doing a heck of a job teaching and game planning with defensive players that are young and inexperienced. He is getting the most out of these kids and he had signed some very coachable kids.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #445
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29762600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
T Rob has done a very good job working with a fairly young defense. To that point, all of our staff has done a good job.

Ray Tanner might need to look at locking up some assistants, there's likely going to be a lot of coaching staff movement this year. I'd hate to lose continuity by losing assistants to other programs.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #446
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
T Rob has done a very good job working with a fairly young defense. To that point, all of our staff has done a good job.

Ray Tanner might need to look at locking up some assistants, there's likely going to be a lot of coaching staff movement this year. I'd hate to lose continuity by losing assistants to other programs.
When you have great assistants you lose them, it's how it goes. I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 more years out of T-Rob but he has HC written all over him, I'm just hoping it isn't after this year.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #447
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
When you have great assistants you lose them, it's how it goes. I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 more years out of T-Rob but he has HC written all over him, I'm just hoping it isn't after this year.
Unfortunately, when you bring in the quality staff that Muschamp has, they are all subject to leaving after a few years. That’s why he gave several of them coordinator titles to sign them to a multi year deals. The rest I hope he gives them all nice increases each year. I would love to keep this staff together through at least 2018.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #448
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
T-Rob is great, but let's be honest: Champ is our DC
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #449
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I don't see any bolting just yet. Could be wrong but think about if they win an sec here and what that would do for u in the coaching world
Old 10-08-2017, 11:03 PM   #450
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
T-Rob is great, but let's be honest: Champ is our DC
You can say that all you want but Muschamp has had 2 DC's in his HC life prior to USC. The first was Dan Quinn who was the DC at Seattle and HC at Atlanta, the second was DJ Durkin the HC of Maryland. Say what you want but he picks DCs who end up as HCs, and successful ones at that. Based on his history with DCs would you like to revise that?
Old 10-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #451
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
You can say that all you want but Muschamp has had 2 DC's in his HC life prior to USC. The first was Dan Quinn who was the DC at Seattle and HC at Atlanta, the second was DJ Durkin the HC of Maryland. Say what you want but he picks DCs who end up as HCs, and successful ones at that. Based on his history with DCs would you like to revise that?
It will take a few years of good success before he starts getting any big time head coaching looks. McClendon is the one I worry about losing first
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #452
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
It will take a few years of good success before he starts getting any big time head coaching looks. McClendon is the one I worry about losing first
T-Rob will get some serious looks after this year, I do agree though I think we need to worry about BMac as well. If we hold onto both for the year it's a massive thing for our program because both guys can do evals and recruit.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:14 AM   #453
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
All of what you said is true, but what does that have to do with my point? T-Rob is a great coach, but if he leaves it's not like we're starting over on D because WM runs that thing. That's my point
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #454
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Name:  IMG_1489.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  113.0 KB

Dax is on NC’s Shrine Bowl roster. Now let’s get him on the Gamecock’s roster!!!

Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #455
GOCOCKS63
4-Star

Male

GOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervous

If I was him I would be all over South Carolina asking to come here. Look how they have developed Brunson! Brad Johnson is going to be a good one too, he's still a little raw but he was quick and disrupted some plays against A&M
GOCOCKS63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #456
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
T-Rob will get some serious looks after this year, I do agree though I think we need to worry about BMac as well. If we hold onto both for the year it's a massive thing for our program because both guys can do evals and recruit.
Hopefully Ray isn't afraid to open up the check book and keep this team intact for a couple more years.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #457
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Hopefully Ray isn't afraid to open up the check book and keep this team intact for a couple more years.
All Ray can do is give them enough money to keep other teams from hiring them away as coordinators, nothing you can do when it comes to a HC hire.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #458
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Not looking good with Dax anymore.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #459
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Default 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Not looking good with Dax anymore.

Why???
Some new information out there??
Or opinion??

Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #460
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 22544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
LB Dax Hollifield of Shelby, NC made his second official visit last weekend to USC for the Arkansas game. In a video interview with Rivals, Hollifield said a lot of things stood out to him on the visit. “I really enjoyed it. They won pretty big. Their defense is playing really well right now. I really like how Coach Muschamp, Coach TRob (Travis Robinson) and Coach Hutzler are making this defense. They are the real leader of team. They’re the reason they win games. I like how they are doing that. Jake Bentley and the offense are coming around. As the year is going on they are getting better.” Hollifield also has been to Florida State officially and will take his third official this weekend to North Carolina. He also will take official visits to Virginia Tech and Stanford.
https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...l-visits-week/
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote