CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
Flameout12
TaySC
Ace Dilcock
EAtMoRTaYtErz
GoldenSpur7
RGHoskins
Rooster'srule
6pack
rabid cock
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (1035)
Wofford sounds confi (963)
Question For Techies (339)
Roger Goodell contra (319)
NBA's 'one-and-done' (297)
Using Up Egg Whites (290)
Is Battlefront 2 a f (268)
FAVORITE WILL MUSCHA (256)
CTE and Fred McNeil (211)
Navy pilots draw a b (180)
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2017 Puerto Rico Tip-Off:
Raise For Champ
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Wofford sounds confident.
I believe that we will be
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
NBA's 'one-and-done' rule
Using Up Egg Whites
Jerry Meyers out as USC p

Old 11-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #21
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sam Bruce

Why would he walk on here when he has scholarship offers at other schools?
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #22
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
Why would you get caught with weed after you've been suspended for posting a picture of yourself with a gun?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #23
bcolinc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
He has a strong relationship with Boom and TRob for one. Also, he may see a better opportunity here than the one school that has recently offered him (since his transgressions). One more thing, if Muschamp tells this kid that we want to “walk you on” just to show other people that you fought back for your reputation and earned a scholarship, then the kid can earn a lot of respect back and make one hell of a story for himself. Never underestimate the power of a great story.

With all that said, I doubt he comes here.
bcolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #24
willyb's hotdogs#1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
willyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPit

i didnt like his post under his picture tho, not what usc is all about, i haven't seen any other of our players use that word, not on social media anyways... I understand it's considered a term of endearment in the culture, but i wouldnt expect to hear it in public, or at work, or school, not even in a restaurant, maybe waffle house, but c'mon man!

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #25
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 500
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Well, if he comes here... I hope he matures and gets it right here!

“I do wish the very best for Sam, and I think Sam’s going to get it right and finish strong in his career,” Richt said.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #26
WinthropGamecock31
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1770
WinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyb's hotdogs#1 View Post
i didnt like his post under his picture tho, not what usc is all about, i haven't seen any other of our players use that word, not on social media anyways... I understand it's considered a term of endearment in the culture, but i wouldnt expect to hear it in public, or at work, or school, not even in a restaurant, maybe waffle house, but c'mon man!
In his defense, it's a song lyric and he censored himself. Not that it makes it THAT much better, but it's not AS bad. lol

Last edited by WinthropGamecock31; 11-14-2017 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: error
WinthropGamecock31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #27
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11767
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Well, if he comes here... I hope he matures and gets it right here!

“I do wish the very best for Sam, and I think Sam’s going to get it right and finish strong in his career,” Richt said.
That quote tells me everything that I need to know.

It is not Bruce's fault - Mark Richt has had a history of losing control of things. Bruce is just one more example.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #28
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9440000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Deleted

Last edited by Senior Rooster; 11-14-2017 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Mis-Informed
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #29
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000075894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
On his TWITTER page dated 11/06/2017 He says he is going to Texas Tech

Nope, he retweeted a different players commitment..
Old 11-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #30
Wybird
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 995200
Wybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talons

I wasn't aware that taking a picture of yourself with a gun is illegal......
Old 11-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #31
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9440000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Nope, he retweeted a different players commitment..
You are RIGHT. I misread the Tweet.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #32
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Sam Bruce

When you build a culture of compliance, hard work and no nonsense like Champ has built, you can take a chance on a kid with his upside. Low risk, high reward. The leaders on this team will either get him on board, or get him gone. Champ will know what Bruce is all about long before next season comes around.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #33
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3219686766
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
That quote tells me everything that I need to know.

It is not Bruce's fault - Mark Richt has had a history of losing control of things. Bruce is just one more example.
Mark Richt has lost control of losing control.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #34
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5440
CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

A) Are we getting this kid as a PWA or at all?

B) Can he play next year or will he have to sit?

We should be pretty deep at receiver, in fact we should return a two deep that would be pretty impressive to break into

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #35
Cockygaming
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 900600
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CackDiesel View Post

We should be pretty deep at receiver, in fact we should return a two deep that would be pretty impressive to break into
Well for question b, I think he should be able to play next year. He is at JC now so I don’t think he has to sit out a year.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 PM   #36
eatlighting
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Will/could be fun to yell, “Bruuuuuuuuuuce” again.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:01 AM   #37
GeoCocky66
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 621
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Well for question b, I think he should be able to play next year. He is at JC now so I don’t think he has to sit out a year.
So, can someone clarify for me his actual status right now? He was transferring to MGCCC, which is where 247 has him listed. However, he's not on their online roster and has no stats for 2017 so I assume he didn't play this year. If it was simply an injury, I'd think he would still be listed on the roster, though. Is there something I'm missing?
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:26 AM   #38
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
So, can someone clarify for me his actual status right now? He was transferring to MGCCC, which is where 247 has him listed. However, he's not on their online roster and has no stats for 2017 so I assume he didn't play this year. If it was simply an injury, I'd think he would still be listed on the roster, though. Is there something I'm missing?
Bruce coming to Carolina as a PWO was a false rumor just like Trevor Lawrence decommitting was a rumor.

However, TM thinks we have a legitimate shot at Savion Smith
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #39
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 10480
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Bruce coming to Carolina as a PWO was a false rumor just like Trevor Lawrence decommitting was a rumor.

However, TM thinks we have a legitimate shot at Savion Smith

Bad comparison, a Trevor Lawrence did decommit, just not the one going to clemmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM   #40
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CackDiesel View Post

how much will the SEC get involved with his wanting to come to Carolina
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote