CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
Flameout12
TaySC
Ace Dilcock
EAtMoRTaYtErz
GoldenSpur7
RGHoskins
Rooster'srule
6pack
rabid cock
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (1035)
Wofford sounds confi (963)
Question For Techies (339)
Roger Goodell contra (319)
NBA's 'one-and-done' (297)
Using Up Egg Whites (290)
Is Battlefront 2 a f (268)
FAVORITE WILL MUSCHA (256)
CTE and Fred McNeil (211)
Navy pilots draw a b (180)
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2017 Puerto Rico Tip-Off:
Raise For Champ
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Wofford sounds confident.
I believe that we will be
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
NBA's 'one-and-done' rule
Using Up Egg Whites
Jerry Meyers out as USC p

Old 11-13-2017, 01:25 AM   #601
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644973229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 MBB Zion Williamson (SC)

Apparently, Zion didn't make it to Clemson, either.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...184285943.html
Old 11-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #602
CockNJersey
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPit

So in the past week or so, he’s blown off USC and Clemson but attended a game at Wofford.

Would be hilarious if he went there. And, why not? He doesn’t need anything in particular from any college program. So just say home, literally.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #603
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1041017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
So in the past week or so, heís blown off USC and Clemson but attended a game at Wofford.

Would be hilarious if he went there. And, why not? He doesnít need anything in particular from any college program. So just say home, literally.
Agreed. Go to Wofford kid. He would own that school.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #604
Dpcocks
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervous

Got a cb to Clemson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dpcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #605
CockNJersey
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPit

The only advice I would give the kid if I were in a position to do so would be this: go somewhere you can be a difference-maker. The blue bloods are loaded with talent. He can go to one of them and be part of an extremely talented team, but he won’t be a difference-maker. If he’s not tbere, they’ll just have another top 10 recruit to fill that spot.

A second word of advice would be to go somewhere you’ll be remembered once you’re gone. The blue bloods collect one-and-dones like baseball cards. I’ve got so many baseball cards from my childhood socked away in the basement and they haven’t seen the light of day in years. Wouldn’t know if someone stole 1,000 of them. Go to UK or UNC and the second you’re gone, you’re forgotten as attention turns to the next batch of one-and-dones. Go to Clemson, USC or Wofford and you’ll be a hero for life at that program.

I’m surprised more one-and-dones don’t adopt this philosophy. With how things are now, you don’t need to go to a top program to get exposure or get drafted. If it were me, I’d go somewhere I’d truly be appreciated and could make a difference.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #606
Dpcocks
Recruit

Male

Dpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervous

He should go to wofford and destroy the socon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dpcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #607
Gamerooster
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 9000
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
The only advice I would give the kid if I were in a position to do so would be this: go somewhere you can be a difference-maker. The blue bloods are loaded with talent. He can go to one of them and be part of an extremely talented team, but he wonít be a difference-maker. If heís not tbere, theyíll just have another top 10 recruit to fill that spot.

A second word of advice would be to go somewhere youíll be remembered once youíre gone. The blue bloods collect one-and-dones like baseball cards. Iíve got so many baseball cards from my childhood socked away in the basement and they havenít seen the light of day in years. Wouldnít know if someone stole 1,000 of them. Go to UK or UNC and the second youíre gone, youíre forgotten as attention turns to the next batch of one-and-dones. Go to Clemson, USC or Wofford and youíll be a hero for life at that program.

Iím surprised more one-and-dones donít adopt this philosophy. With how things are now, you donít need to go to a top program to get exposure or get drafted. If it were me, Iíd go somewhere Iíd truly be appreciated and could make a difference.
But they don't get all that shoe money at Clemson, USC or Wofford.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #608
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11767
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

He won't change much in one year at Moo U, and I think he is only going there due to family pressure. Kids should never be put in that position.

Clemson will go from being a mediocre program to a mediocre program with one really talented player, then right back to being a mediocre program. If he came here, he could be the go-to guy on a deep and talented team that could make noise in the tournament.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #609
AndersonCock
Walk On

Male

AndersonCock has hatched from the shell

Why do you guys think he is not coming to USC? I've seen a lot of posts just saying that he's not coming to South Carolina. Why not us? Why Clemson?
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:01 AM   #610
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Why do you guys think he is not coming to USC? I've seen a lot of posts just saying that he's not coming to South Carolina. Why not us? Why Clemson?
He ain't going to Clemson...but he ain't coming here either.
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #611
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Clemson will go from being a mediocre program to a mediocre program with one really talented player, then right back to being a mediocre program. If he came here, he could be the go-to guy on a deep and talented team that could make noise in the tournament.
Yeah, it could be a Ben Simmons scenario all over again. LSU didn't even make the tournament with him.
Spurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 PM   #612
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 64640
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Kentucky all the way..dude just looks like a blue blood.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote