CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Flameout12
gotrice?
TaySC
rt3891
Master Bedroom
Garnet&BlackOp
Blitzkrieg
Cocky2001
Ironfan
Week 8: Around Colle (1608)
The difference in ou (723)
What Really Drags th (236)
Game time vs Tenness (223)
NCAAF: NC STATE @ CL (188)
hard credit inquiry. (167)
NCAAF: MISS STATE @ (137)
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ TEN (128)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (119)
NCAAF: AUBURN @ OLE (89)
Week 8: Around College Fo
Convince me these are all
Game time vs Tennessee
In-game adjustments, conf
What Really Drags the Exc
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
A Few Thoughts On This Se
Why are we so bad 1st hal
G-League offering $125k t

Old 01-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default Outback Bowl Thoughts

Some random thoughts on the Outback Bowl yesterday....

1. This was my fourth bowl game visit (I'm 2-2), and the experience was one of the best. No one could help the weather, but everything was well planned with lots of stuff for the fans. Traffic was bad on the road to the stadium, but that's gonna be at every bowl game. Outback does a really good job with this game.

2. I was impressed with the stadium. It was not the kind of weather you think of when you think of Florida, but it was still fine. Stadium was well equipped and stadium employees were helpful and nice. Well laid out, as expected for an NFL stadium. Crowd was pretty good, but I think it would have been better if it wasn't overcast and chilly the whole game.

3. The game itself: I will admit - once it got to 19-3, I penciled this game in as a loss. Offense was so poor that we couldn't buy a first down. Michigan just seemed to be having our way with us and we couldn't do anythig to stop it. However, the fact that this team wasn't phased by that and came back to win 26-19 was amazing.

4. Not only is it kind of a microcosm of the season, but proof that Muschamp is our guy and the program is headed in the right direction. Fight like hell and play all four quarters is what he has been preaching, and that's what this team did. It's not pretty sometimes, but wins are wins. Not only does this cap off an amazing season (one of the best in school history), but this gives the program so much positive momentum going into the offseason. 9 losses to 9 wins is incredible. Props to Muschamp for all that he has done.

5. The OC situation is still something that needs to be sorted out, but other than that (which will be fixed), I am excited for the future of this program. Spurs Up!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Outback Bowl Thoughts

Not sure what it is about us going to Tampa, but when I went to the Outback (2000 I think), it wasn't chilly, it was downright cold that game.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Not sure what it is about us going to Tampa, but when I went to the Outback (2000 I think), it wasn't chilly, it was downright cold that game.
The wind made it worse than it really was. This was my first time going to the Outback so I can't speak for the other three trips.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb

It reminded me of a few years ago when we woke up late 4th quarter... but we managed to win this game.
Johnny Cockyc@sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Final alma mater for our seniors...

Last edited by catdaddy66; 01-03-2018 at 07:52 PM..
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Pastides "best second half team in the country Go Cocks" (clap)
Old 01-02-2018, 11:52 PM   #7
JoeCock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 1000144950
JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material

First Bowl Trip and my Family & I had a blast.

Wish we would have had Sunday's weather but it was still a great trip.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:41 AM   #8
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

The Blooming Onion mascot should make random unannounced appearances at our home games.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
Schark
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Schark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
The Blooming Onion mascot should make random unannounced appearances at our home games.
Why random appearances?

We should get him for every game next season.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #10
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

I went to the Iowa game years ago down there, same year Garcia decided to party all night before the game. Had a great time, loved the Tampa area, stadium was pretty cool, and Iowa fans were very classy. We have a pretty darned good record in Outback Bowls, especially against Big 10 teams.

https://i.imgur.com/oXRPWTA.gif
ACPhilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #11
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
I went to the Iowa game years ago down there, same year Garcia decided to party all night before the game. Had a great time, loved the Tampa area, stadium was pretty cool, and Iowa fans were very classy. We have a pretty darned good record in Outback Bowls, especially against Big 10 teams.
I was also at the 2010 Peach Bowl, and I think he did the same thing in Atlanta too.

We actually have the most Outback Bowl wins of any team with a 4-1 record.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #12
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 546025921135
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I hope Garcia doesn't want to be our bloomin onion.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓

Last edited by SanAntonioCock; 01-03-2018 at 12:20 PM..
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #13
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 13771
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

The defense played lights out the entire game. The offense looked like garbage through 2 1/2 quarters. Highlighted the need for Muschamp to bring in a proven OC.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #14
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
I hope Garcia doesn't want to be our bloomin onion.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #15
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

The sense of impending doom is still worth watching again.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #16
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
The sense of impending doom is still worth watching again.
They don't call them "The Big Blue" for nothing...
Johnny Cockyc@sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #17
sammyspurs07
Walk On

Male

sammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPit

Unfortunately, the only Outback Bowl I ever attended was in 2009(SC's only loss in Tampa), but other than the game itself, it was a wonderful experience. It was a very well organized event that spanned the entire week leading up to kickoff. I was there with the Mighty Sound of the Southeast, and in spite of multiple, daily obligations for the band all week, it remains the best New Year's I've ever had.
Seeing how well they treated the band, I have to imagine it was a blast for the players. Though I doubt the band had to be as well behaved. Lol. I didn't fully appreciate the trip until the following year, and the disaster in Birmingham. There could have been no worse way to usher in 2010
sammyspurs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #18
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 850000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyspurs07 View Post
I didn't fully appreciate the trip until the following year, and the disaster in Birmingham. There could have been no worse way to usher in 2010
Then we got Marcus and the seas parted an clouds opened...For awhile, at least..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

CockyCash: 323529
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material

My biggest thought was how UM's defense went from being cocky little punks to acting like whipped puppy dogs by the end of the game.
Lant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #20
sammyspurs07
Walk On

Male

sammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Then we got Marcus and the seas parted an clouds opened...For awhile, at least..
The night is darkest just before the dawn.
sammyspurs07 is offline   Reply With Quote