CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
gotrice?
SanAntonioCock
Y Formation
Cockhornleghorn
gamecockphan
Ace Dilcock
Master Bedroom
**GAME #2 USC (5-1) (430)
**USC (15-13) vs. Mi (285)
Need 2 For Friday Ni (19)
Just drove a Hellcat (0)
Best place to order a ste
**GAME #2 USC (5-1) vs. C
2021 WBB - Ashlyn Watkins
*** Softball 2018 season
Hoops corruption mentions
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
**GAME #1 USC (4-1) vs. C
**USC (15-13) vs. Mississ
Hypothetically speaking..
2018 Commitment - Bryce T

Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #61
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Helmet decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre25 View Post
What about the 1980 George Rogers Helmet?

What were the STARS awarded for, and were there other awards on the back of the Helmet?

I think the stars just came on there, they werent awarded for anything, but Im not sure
Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #62
GREENVILLE COCKPIT
Injured Reserved

Male

CockyCash: 32257
GREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPit

I really liked the stars that was used back when Carlen was coach. Actually bought one @ an auction (belonged to one of the lineman) and made a lamp out of it.
I think Oregon State ought to put "LiL Beavers" on theirs !!!
GREENVILLE COCKPIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #63
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
CockyCash: 200
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by New User Name View Post
I think it would be cool for one game.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #64
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 126000149
DCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntramp View Post
Ok this is may be strange...but I would love it if some graphic designer would do something with our uniforms...Specifically, since a spur is often discussed I think our helmets (ducking now) need to be silver with some sort of garnet and black feathers used on the front...This is where the graphic designer needs to come in....Do it just bad ass! Still have the Block C in the middle of the field, etc. But go to Garnet, Black, Silver, and White.

Ok I'm running now. HA!
Would be way to close to Ohio State.
DCGamecock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #65
New User Name
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
New User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his comb

Quote:
Ok this is may be strange...but I would love it if some graphic designer would do something with our uniforms...Specifically, since a spur is often discussed I think our helmets (ducking now) need to be silver with some sort of garnet and black feathers used on the front...This is where the graphic designer needs to come in....Do it just bad ass! Still have the Block C in the middle of the field, etc. But go to Garnet, Black, Silver, and White.

Ok I'm running now. HA!
Glad you ducked, because had you not, a 3/4 full can of diet coke would have hit you right in the head!
New User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #66
New User Name
Banned

Male

New User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
While I am indifferent about the merit stickers, if Carolina starts doing that again I like the Palmetto Moon. Garnet for normal praise, black for academic. Simple, and very unique "South Carolina" tradition.
I support your petition & will sign it!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #67
New User Name
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I think the stars just came on there, they werent awarded for anything, but Im not sure
Wrong. Said stars were earned from a merit-based point system. Were hard to come by. Had to do multiple things just for one star.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #68
game
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
game has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spurs

I like the idea of little palmetto trees, but i think we should have an alternate helmet of black/garnet with no decals on it...just a plain black helmet with a gamecocks on it, not the block C...it could be good wearing black on black with black helmets/garnet on garnet with garnet helmets, i think we should just have it for an alternative uniform. But little pal trees would be perfect on the white helmet.
game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #69
fullupround
Full-up Round

Male

fullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudlyfullupround is crowing loudly

The game that honored the baseball team's national championship at halftime--I wish we would have worn the baseball SC on the football helmets--for just that one game.
fullupround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #70
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
southerntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot material

What's all the love with the Palmetto tree?
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #71
New User Name
Banned

Male

Quote:
What's all the love with the Palmetto tree?
I think it has to do with Carolina being THE University of this state & it would be a way to rub Moo U's nose in it a bit!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #72
garlandg
Walk On

Male

garlandg has hatched from the shell

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMECOCKS-S...ze-3M-20MIL/32 These spurs were used and the stars in the early 80's
Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #73
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Achievement Unlocked: Travel Back-in-Time
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #74
HCIW
I Look Like A Nug

Male

CockyCash: 27057848
HCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlandg View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMECOCKS-S...ze-3M-20MIL/32 These spurs were used and the stars in the early 80's
How many have you sold so far?
HCIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #75
garlandg
Walk On

Male

garlandg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCIW View Post
I Don't sell anything, just a collector who loves Carolina and has all but one of helmets (Wounded Warrior) I need it and I will have all the Carolina helmets even some custom ones!!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #76
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 672824222545
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCIW View Post
Seller has sold 17 so I guess they're not original. I'm still thinking about getting some for a authentic helmet I bought from the athletic department around about 1989.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #77
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Helmet decals remind me of Ohio State, donít want.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote