CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Three and Out
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
dreammachine
wildwes
TastyLicks
COCKDIESEL
FurmanCock
Dickerson medically (1667)
Gamecock Receivers (312)
We Can Beat Them (182)
SEC Media Days
2018 Prediction Thread -
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
Can Carolina and Tennesse
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Gamecock Receivers
Gamecock Jordan brand?
We Can Beat Them
Traeger Grill - Prime Day
Dickerson medically clear

Old 04-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #41
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Beatty To Transfer

Disappointing. FM has a problem with this program and he needs to patch the ship or it will sink.
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #42
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post
So Frank should stand pat with who he gets regardless of their work ethic and ROI?

I'm much more encouraged by guys leaving that simply won't be what they were supposed to be.

It's better for both parties.
Agree 100%. It is best for both parties. If a business hires someone they think will get the job done and the person fails to get the job done, do they continue to hang on to him or do they look for a better replacement? College sports are a business.

I am convinced the incoming players are better than the ones leaving and we should have a better program going forward. Frank has a choice, he can keep the players who don't get the job done, have an awful program, have the fans upset about our losing records and get fired or he can do what any good coach or business does, replace the ones not performing well and try to find better talent.

Frank is a great coach, took us to the Final Four after the NCAA cheated us out of an appearance previously and the future looks very bright for his program. Glad to have him as our coach.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #43
ipull4usc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
RECRUITING IS ALL GOOD BOYZ.
When some combination of Couisnard, Frink, and Moss leave after next season (which is likely given Frank's track record), the usual suspects will claim that they were lazy, couldn't handle Frank's coaching, were never going to contribute, and they'll applaud Frank for getting rid of "dead weight" with some new studs.

Those same people are currently praising Frank for cutting the current crop of "dead weight" and replacing them with "future studs" like Couisnard, Frink, and Moss.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #44
ipull4usc
Game MVP

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
Agree 100%. It is best for both parties. If a business hires someone they think will get the job done and the person fails to get the job done, do they continue to hang on to him or do they look for a better replacement? College sports are a business.

I am convinced the incoming players are better than the ones leaving and we should have a better program going forward. Frank has a choice, he can keep the players who don't get the job done, have an awful program, have the fans upset about our losing records and get fired or he can do what any good coach or business does, replace the ones not performing well and try to find better talent.

Frank is a great coach, took us to the Final Four after the NCAA cheated us out of an appearance previously and the future looks very bright for his program. Glad to have him as our coach.
Every year we're told that the new recruits are better than the guys we just told to hit the road. Then upwards of 60% of those new recruits get told to hit the road a year later. I've seen nothing about the current recruits to suggest they're any different than many of the players we've told to get outta town... in fact, the recruiting rankings of the current recruits is much lower than many who've left out program. In watching the limited film available on these guys I'm not impressed. Just my opinion but I think the current recruiting class is pretty poor.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:26 PM   #45
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 1825498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post

Very few business succeed by continually following that process. If they constantly make bad hires, eventually you have to take a look at the ones hiring. Only governments can consistently do less with less.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #46
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Every year we're told that the new recruits are better than the guys we just told to hit the road. Then upwards of 60% of those new recruits get told to hit the road a year later. I've seen nothing about the current recruits to suggest they're any different than many of the players we've told to get outta town... in fact, the recruiting rankings of the current recruits is much lower than many who've left out program. In watching the limited film available on these guys I'm not impressed. Just my opinion but I think the current recruiting class is pretty poor.
You have evidence that any of the players from this past season has been told to "hit the road"? If you do, I'd like to hear about it.

Perhaps you could volunteer your services to Frank to help him evaluate players they are recruiting.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #47
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631805329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Our program is a turnstile. Some departures seem encouraged and this one does not. It will be very difficult to develop any kind of chemistry if there is 80% turnover every year. Something doesn’t seem right.
I think Frank encouraged him to transfer.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #48
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631805329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Come on man... Best recruit we had last year, barely sniffed the court and then leaves. Great...
Highest rated by services, but not the best. Justin Minaya was the best, followed by Felipe Haase.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #49
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Transfers have been the big issue under Frank so far. Beatty and Holden were both supposed to be big parts of our offense moving on without Thornwell, Notice and Dozier.

Both of them are gone now, along with Doumbia who was a significant part of our incoming class as well.

Honestly, I think some players just can't handle Frank's personality. He's very passionate and demanding. It's not for everyone, but still it's very concerning that players are cycling out of the program at this rate.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #50
JohnnyMc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot material

Nothing about this many transfers can be good.
JohnnyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #51
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16238
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Maybe we shouldn’t be so surprised? After all in 5 years at K State he had 12 guys transfer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #52
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I think Frank encouraged him to transfer.
And that is a problem, if true. You have a timeline where the USC staff is recruiting you, telling you that you'd be a great fit in the program and they want you to be a part of it, and then in the span of about a year, they are advising you to transfer out of the program. And all you were, was a true freshman kid with one year out of high school.

Unless there's something else that hasn't been brought out, this is a bad look for the program, and for CFM. He needs to have these kinds of optics stop happening with the program, or some people above him are going to quickly forget that we went to the final four recently.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #53
gAmkok
MB: Regional, FB: 10-2

Male

CockyCash: 8000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

This is the end of Frank's 6th season. Transfers are an obvious roster management strategy at this point and probably always will be. I'm not sure I'd handle it the same way, but I'm not the coach, who I still support. I'll admit, though, it is difficult to identify with and be enthusiastic about a team you never get to know.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #54
gamecockjay
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5200
gamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Transfers have been the big issue under Frank so far. Beatty and Holden were both supposed to be big parts of our offense moving on without Thornwell, Notice and Dozier.

Both of them are gone now, along with Doumbia who was a significant part of our incoming class as well.

Honestly, I think some players just can't handle Frank's personality. He's very passionate and demanding. It's not for everyone, but still it's very concerning that players are cycling out of the program at this rate.

I get that but how can they be that blind. Frank is not exactly a tough read. He is a demanding,yelling,animated disciplinarian and it is impossible to think otherwise. They have to know what they have signed up for.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #55
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
And that is a problem, if true. You have a timeline where the USC staff is recruiting you, telling you that you'd be a great fit in the program and they want you to be a part of it, and then in the span of about a year, they are advising you to transfer out of the program. And all you were, was a true freshman kid with one year out of high school.

Unless there's something else that hasn't been brought out, this is a bad look for the program, and for CFM. He needs to have these kinds of optics stop happening with the program, or some people above him are going to quickly forget that we went to the final four recently.....

What is the evidence Frank has asked any of these guys to transfer? Nothing that I have seen from Beatty leaves that impression. Who is not transferring? Its the guys who played the most last season. Seems to be a link between transferring and not playing much.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:40 PM   #56
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
What is the evidence Frank has asked any of these guys to transfer?

Quote:
And that is a problem, if true.
I was commenting on the opinion Cockhornleghorn gave, where he said he "thought" Beatty was encouraged to transfer. I left the door completely wide open that that could possibly have NOT been the case, as Cockhornleghorn wasn't making a declarative statement to begin with. Of course, it could all be NOT true. I was just posting my opinion if it was......
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #57
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I was commenting on the opinion Cockhornleghorn gave, where he said he "thought" Beatty was encouraged to transfer. I left the door completely wide open that that could possibly have NOT been the case, as Cockhornleghorn wasn't making a declarative statement to begin with. Of course, it could all be NOT true. I was just posting my opinion if it was......
OK. No problem. We all have our opinions.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #58
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Beatty could have had as much PT as he wanted because the other Gs were playing so poorly midway into the season.

Or any other player for that matter.

The sky is the limit for a player with Frank if he wants to anchor the team and can get it done on game day.

These are just kids who have had people whispering in their ears since they were young.

Not going to lose sleep over DB leaving.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #59
sully1
Blue Chip

Male

sully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Highest rated by services, but not the best. Justin Minaya was the best, followed by Felipe Haase.

Definitely dont disagree with this statement. Just like in football, people put too much stock in recruiting rankings. However, I think it is important for us to quit having so much turnover every year with underclassmen. If they dont fit our system then they shouldnt have been recruited in the first place. That is on the coaching staff to do a better job at evaluating, recruiting and landing guys that do fit their system.

Last edited by sully1; 04-17-2018 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: wrong word
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #60
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 4760
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

And another one