CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
SanAntonioCock
GeoCocky66
thekob
Captain9Dragons
Cockhornleghorn
Ahmad
Ironfan
Wisercock
FurmanCock
Is this week the vet (220)
2020 OT - Chris Morr (106)
2021 ATH/RB - Will S (103)
Spam - Treet - & (51)
4 Chattanooga Ticket (13)
Cryptocurrency
Spam - Treet - & Pork
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
2019 - Michel Dukes
2020 - Porter Rooks
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
UT-Chattanooga Game Time
WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 i
Good News Next Week?
2019 - Ailym Ford

Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #601
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 169748608627
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Commitment - Ryan Hilinski

I wish I could move to California to watch his final season in High School! LOL
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #602
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
His family is probably leaving California....
People leave CA all the time...the LA metro is expensive and congested. That's enough right there for lots of people.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #603
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 196405
elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

His family is looking at houses in the Columbia area this weekend.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #604
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I wish I could move to Columbia to watch his final season in High School! LOL
Old 06-14-2018, 05:58 AM   #605
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
People leave CA all the time...the LA metro is expensive and congested. That's enough right there for lots of people.
They’re leaving because of the family tragedy not because LA is a congested POS town.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #606
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

Good article re this weekend.

http://amp.thestate.com/sports/colle...mpression=true
Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #607
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

For a kid who's actually not on the team yet, he's becoming my favorite player.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #608
Lancelot
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

I'm not terribly worried about Hillinski's commitment, but he could be a little more emphatic with his commitment...:

"...But right now, of course, I'm committed to South Carolina and it's going to take a whole lot to change that. But if someone wants to put their best foot forward and try that, they can, but it's definitely going to take a lot because I'm committed 100 percent right now..."

"I'm trying to remain faithful and committed to South Carolina because Coach Muschamp and Coach Werner have been nothing but trustworthy and faithful to me so I'm just trying to return the favor to them..."

"If coaches want to try their best, they definitely can..."

I'm glad he's recruiting for us and all and coming out this weekend with Steele, but it would be nice if he just shut down his recruiting and told other coaches not to bother recruiting him instead of inviting other coaches to do their best to change his mind. Giving someone the invitation to change your mind implies your mind can be changed.

But, I know that's not how recruiting works in 2018. You have to continue recruiting your commitments until you have their LOI in hand. No wonder Spurrier burned out on recruiting, lol.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...213082614.html
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #609
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
I'm not terribly worried about Hillinski's commitment, but he could be a little more emphatic with his commitment...:

"...But right now, of course, I'm committed to South Carolina and it's going to take a whole lot to change that. But if someone wants to put their best foot forward and try that, they can, but it's definitely going to take a lot because I'm committed 100 percent right now..."

"I'm trying to remain faithful and committed to South Carolina because Coach Muschamp and Coach Werner have been nothing but trustworthy and faithful to me so I'm just trying to return the favor to them..."

"If coaches want to try their best, they definitely can..."

I'm glad he's recruiting for us and all and coming out this weekend with Steele, but it would be nice if he just shut down his recruiting and told other coaches not to bother recruiting him instead of inviting other coaches to do their best to change his mind. Giving someone the invitation to change your mind implies your mind can be changed.

But, I know that's not how recruiting works in 2018. You have to continue recruiting your commitments until you have their LOI in hand. No wonder Spurrier burned out on recruiting, lol.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...213082614.html
If you're going to quote the kid, don't take it out of context.

Here's what he said before and after the ...'s

Quote:
"I've been recruiting for South Carolina up until today," Hilinski explained. "I'm still recruiting after I got the other USC offer. I was texting guys after the camp this morning. If that tells you all you need to know, I think that explains itself really. It's a great offer for me. It's definitely meaningful and it shows that all my hard work is paying for sure. But right now, of course, I'm committed to South Carolina and it's going to take a whole lot to change that. But if someone wants to put their best foot forward and try that, they can, but it's definitely going to take a lot because I'm committed 100 percent right now and I'm recruiting my butt off."
Quote:
"It probably would be a-whole-nother universe if I did see myself at another university in the future for 2019," Hilinski said. "If coaches want to try their best, they definitely can. I'm a Gamecock right now and I'm recruiting my butt off and if I turn on that, it's just not the kid I am. I think that tells you all you need to know. Coming out for a big recruiting weekend as much as I can be there. I think that should tell you how committed I am. I coming out literally for 36 hours and then I'm flying straight back home. I'm excited about it."
That last part you left out completely changes the context of "right now". You can read "right now" as you did which is "I am a gamecock and that is subject to change" or "right now" as "I already see myself as a gamecock."

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #610
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

I think you're reading too much into it. The kid's smart and knows that you never make absolute statements unless you have to. You never know what will happen at USC over the next few months. Nor do you know what will happen in his life. Best course is to say what he said.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #611
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 936666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Stop worrying everyone.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #612
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit

He is taking time out of his summer to come for a recruiting weekend, that he doesn’t NEED to attend, to help recruit others to be Gamecocks!!
I would say he is committed!!
Plus his parents are house shopping in Columbia!!
I feel comfortable that he is ALL Gamecock!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 07:28 PM   #613
sgacock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
If you're going to quote the kid, don't take it out of context.

Here's what he said before and after the ...'s

That last part you left out completely changes the context of "right now". You can read "right now" as you did which is "I am a gamecock and that is subject to change" or "right now" as "I already see myself as a gamecock."
Tweet 1 hour ago from Columbia:

"Man it feels good to be home."
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #614
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

This kid gets it. His parents are looking at homes this weekend and bro enrolling in med school....I wouldn't worry a bit.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #615
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
This kid gets it. His parents are looking at homes this weekend and bro enrolling in med school....I wouldn't worry a bit.
Nah, he’s in this weekend recruiting for us as well, he’s golden.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #616
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

I hate to sound like an idiot, but what the hell..... I do it all the time! Lol

Where will he be playing his senior year of football?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #617
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
I hate to sound like an idiot, but what the hell..... I do it all the time! Lol

Where will he be playing his senior year of football?
Cali.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #618
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
He is now officially the highest rated quarterback we will have landed in 34 years. Todd Ellis was supposedly the number one quarterback nationally back in 1984. Of course, that was long, long before any of these online services existed. (And before any magazine or recruiting guru had the technological access to really evaluate all of the top QBs from around the country for that matter.)
That he is. If that’s true about Todd being # 1 in the mid 80’s, that would mean 5* by today’s recruiting services standards. Ryan still has a chance to raise his stock and rankings.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:49 PM   #619
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 933396
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Nah Big Bo not gonna get much more of a boost IMO. the recruiting gurus have "their favorites" and Big Bo ain't it.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #620
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Nah Big Bo not gonna get much more of a boost IMO. the recruiting gurus have "their favorites" and Big Bo ain't it.
Maybe not, but we’ll see. If he blows out the rest of the camps and his senior season, they’re not going to have a choice. Stay tuned....