CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
Spur's Addiction
CockRoche
TaySC
RGHoskins
Ace Dilcock
AtlGAMECOCK
gAmkok
Three and Out
Is It Just Me..... (1286)
Ruin a TV Show by Ad (1142)
Why we should apprec (926)
What happened to UNC (809)
Watching Orange Luth (216)
Week 4: Around Colle (211)
**USC (1-1) vs. Vand (158)
UCF (122)
MBB off-season overs (91)
2020 Commitment - Mecose
Why we should appreciate
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Watching Orange Lutheran
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
Is It Just Me.....
Willy B upgrades to cost
High school football has
Week 4: Around College Fo

Old 07-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #781
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2019 Commitment - Ryan Hilinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Some may be getting a little ahead of themselves, Iíll grant you, but Hilinski is far more highly rated than Mitch was, far more battle-tested against elite HS competition, and far more proven on the camp circuit in head to head competition versus the top QBs in the nation. Hell, heís the nationís #2 pro-style passer in the 247 composite and ESPNís #1 pocket passer. Mitch was nowhere near that stature coming out of high school. Some fan excitement is justified and there is, frankly, a much stronger likelihood in this case that theyíre right.
Ryan was rated higher than Garcia, as well. You would probably have to date back to 85 with Ellis, as far as having a QB rated this high.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #782
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Well, I sure hope Bentley hangs around for 2 more years... since I'm real concerned about the 2019 season if not. The best I think you can count on for a redshirt freshman at the QB position is a backup, regardless of stars and hype. We will lack experience, I'm really wanting to see Ulrich get some snaps this year when the game is clearly won... or getting Joyner going with some single set back or wildcat formation. If Joyner can run in the league... that's a hot iron.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #783
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Well, I sure hope Bentley hangs around for 2 more years... since I'm real concerned about the 2019 season if not. The best I think you can count on for a redshirt freshman at the QB position is a backup, regardless of stars and hype. We will lack experience, I'm really wanting to see Ulrich get some snaps this year when the game is clearly won... or getting Joyner going with some single set back or wildcat formation. If Joyner can run in the league... that's a hot iron.
I suspect the plan is to work Joyner in some packages and also get Ulrich some serious snaps, as long as we can build some decent leads when weíre supposed to. I donít think Bentley is gonna leave after this year, unless he just completely blows it up this year.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:40 PM   #784
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Hilinski has decided to play in the ALL-AMERICAN BOWL on 1/5/2019 per his twitter. Means no Under Armor game
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #785
xXSirSpurXx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Hilinski has decided to play in the ALL-AMERICAN BOWL on 1/5/2019 per his twitter. Means no Under Armor game
Should be a fun game to watch. Anyone have a link to the current invitees?
Know that Belk and Vann both played in it last year.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:51 AM   #786
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20888
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
Should be a fun game to watch. Anyone have a link to the current invitees?
Know that Belk and Vann both played in it last year.

I know that you asked for invitees, which I couldn't find (and they're still accepting nominations, by the way). I thought some people might be interested in who has accepted at this point, at least. I assume the 247 link will be updated as people make their decisions.

https://247sports.com/Event/All-American-Bowl-2019-45
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #787
JohnnyB21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20000
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Jumped to a .9751 which jumped him from 73rd to 47th overall player in the 24/7 composite

Vandy we comin'!
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #788
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
The new redshirt rule is really going to benifit kids like Joyner. 4 games to burn is a good bit of experience.

Same thing for Hilinski, 4 games as a true frosh can do wonders for development.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by carolina_corpsman; 07-12-2018 at 02:47 PM..
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #789
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5010459
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Jumped to a .9751 which jumped him from 73rd to 47th overall player in the 24/7 composite
Thanks

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #790
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

.98 rating and up is considered 5-Star level by 247, although they limit total composite 5-stars to 32 to ďmirror the 1st round of the NFL draft.Ē Ryan is now a .9751 in the composite. 247 states that 4-star players range from .90 to .97, so Ryan is actually ABOVE 4-star level and in the mystical realm between 4 and 5-star. 😏 Rattler finally got his 5th star in the composite, by the way...which is fine. We knew heíd have to be the first.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #791
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 936666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

I spoke with Ryan after the rankings came out.
Quote:
On Thursday afternoon, 247Sports released their newest composite rankings for 2019. The Gamecocks are making moves.
After solid showings at “The Opening” and the “Elite 11,” Ryan Hilinksi made a big jump from 73 to 47, putting him 15 spots away from earning a 5th star, We asked Hilinksi what he thought about the new ranking and he said, “It’s crazy to think where I was at this point last year. Not even in the top 300 and now I’m the 47th best player in the country. It’s honestly surreal”.
https://vizorsports.com/update-footb...ruit-rankings/
Old 07-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #792
xXSirSpurXx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post

In all honesty, the extra star would be for show. He is one of if not the best QBs in the country, proven on the national stage, and would be the highest rated QB to play here. He plays against the best teams in the nation and was in the top 3 of the Elite 11.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #793
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
In all honesty, the extra star would be for show. He is one of if not the best QBs in the country, proven on the national stage, and would be the highest rated QB to play here. He plays against the best teams in the nation and was in the top 3 of the Elite 11.
Believe me, thatís all it is to him. He knows that heís one of the best. But heís also one of the most humble individuals that Iíve ever talked with as well.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #794
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
Article said he’s the highest ranked QB ever at SC. I would have figured Todd Ellis to date, but they didn’t have all these recruiting services 33 years ago, so I’m not sure how far they are going back here. FWIW though, they said Ryan should get the 5th *.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #795
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
Article said heís the highest ranked QB ever at SC. I would have figured Todd Ellis to date, but they didnít have all these recruiting services 33 years ago, so Iím not sure how far they are going back here. FWIW though, they said Ryan should get the 5th *.
Ellis was pre-ratings. He would be our highest if there were at the time but Hilinski is looking to be the highest. He may sneak in and land that 5th star on the composite with a strong senior year.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #796
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Ellis was pre-ratings. He would be our highest if there were at the time but Hilinski is looking to be the highest. He may sneak in and land that 5th star on the composite with a strong senior year.
Agreed. If Hilinski can beat Don Bosco and Mater Dei(if thatís all spelled right), as well as drive up his stats from last year, he should get that coveted 5th star.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #797
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
Article said heís the highest ranked QB ever at SC. I would have figured Todd Ellis to date, but they didnít have all these recruiting services 33 years ago, so Iím not sure how far they are going back here. FWIW though, they said Ryan should get the 5th *.
Closest one to Hilinski since the recruiting services have been around.....Garcia. But Hilinski will indeed be the highest ranked QB to play at SC for the time being. RH definitely deserves that 5th star.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #798
sgacock
Starter

Male

sgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Tannyhill was pretty highly rated too.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:09 AM   #799
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Tannyhill was pretty highly rated too.
I was a big fan of Tanneyhill, but he was more of a top 20 QB recruit (not top 3 like Ryan). I specifically remember one magazine ranking Tanneyhill 17th nationally among HS QBs (which was plenty high enough to get me excited in that era).
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:38 AM   #800
Toneski
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Toneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot material

I recall Garcia being a highly ranked dual threat qb but I am thinking for overall qb and player ranking Hilinski is higher. I could check since I think 247 still has those player rankings from 10 years ago but Iím on my phone and too lazy.