CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
scfanz
*** #25 USC WBB (5-4 (957)
Zia Cooke 43 points, (391)
Starting Lineup Pred (294)
Deebo
Vote for Hilinski
*** #25 USC WBB (5-4) @ P
What's for dinner tonight
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2019 - Matthew Bedford -
The Betting Window is OPE
2020 men's basketball rec
Belk Bowl

Old 09-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #21
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talonsCockfather has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Mighty confident bunch over there. I would've thought that if we were going up against an elite and successful program like ours they'd be a little more apprehensive. Hopefully, Frank could tell Dawn how to close out on these elite Canadian ballers.
I would be confident if I was them too. Name the last player we beat Louisville for.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #22
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
I would be confident if I was them too. Name the last player we beat Louisville for.
Good question. Was it A'ja, Ty, Destinee? Who's the last player they beat us for? Normally when we're up against them for a recruit UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, etc. are in the final group and we usually lose out to one of them. I could be wrong tho.

Last edited by USCharleston2; 09-13-2018 at 01:17 PM..
USCharleston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #23
Cockhornleghorn
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

What was the score the last time we played Louisville? I was there and the game was in Springfield, Ma. We blew them out.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #24
VBCock
Blue Chip

Male

VBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Mighty confident bunch over there. I would've thought that if we were going up against an elite and successful program like ours they'd be a little more apprehensive. Hopefully, Frank could tell Dawn how to close out on these elite Canadian ballers.

Not really following this one.

Louisville was in the Final Four last season, their coach's 3rd in 11 years.

They are a pretty comparable program to South Carolina and generally speaking have recruited as well or better.

They didn't seem all that confident.

Anyway, her having two Kentucky schools on the list to go along with Notre Dame visit, makes me think she may have some tie that part of the Midwest.

South Carolina could really use a recruiting victory on true post.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #25
VBCock
Blue Chip

Male

VBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talonsVBCock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Good question. Was it A'ja, Ty, Destinee? Who's the last player they beat us for? Normally when we're up against them for a recruit UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, etc. are in the final group and we usually lose out to one of them. I could be wrong tho.

Pretty sure we recruited Asia Durr, Jazmine Jones, Zambrotta, and Cierra Johnson.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #26
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

That's kewl. I don't follow any other WBB teams other than ours. When a recruit signs with another team I look on the list to the next one. When we lost to UConn in the final 8 I stopped watching the tourney until the final. Our recruiting could be a lot better, but I can't knock what Dawn has done with what she has to work with. Hopefully Leticia will want to be a part of it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
USCharleston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:20 AM   #27
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
Pretty sure we recruited Asia Durr, Jazmine Jones, Zambrotta, and Cierra Johnson.
We did. Louisville and Baylor are two schools I hate to go up against in recruiting.

The Louisville board is conflicted. Some think she’s down to the Kentucky schools and SC.. others think it’s Louisville and SC. Who really knows.

All I know is that we REALLY need a big time recruiting victory.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:26 PM   #28
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Laeticia Amihere will visit us next weekend!!! But deal! She and Aliyah Boston are the 2 best post in the class!!
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #29
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 65800
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

She already has dunked and dominated, but Laeticia Amihere may be stronger than ever

Down to USC, UK and Louisville. Notre Dame out despite her recent visit. Last year, I didn’t believe we would be a factor for her.

Last edited by JDuro; 10-11-2018 at 12:45 PM..
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #30
lfowens
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
She already has dunked and dominated, but Laeticia Amihere may be stronger than ever

Down to USC, UK and Louisville. Notre Dame out despite her recent visit. Last year, I didn’t believe we would be a factor for her.
Wow - right in the hunt....I hope we can close the deal here - we certainly could use her!
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #31
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Thanks for the article!! Hopefully Coach Staley close the deal.. Finishing with Amihere, Beal, Jackson and Cooke would be fantastic...
Old 10-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #32
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Thanks for the article!! Hopefully Coach Staley close the deal.. Finishing with Amihere, Beal, Jackson and Cooke would be fantastic...
Would be a dream class for sure.

MSU got a fourth commitment yesterday which, assuming they have no walk ons or anyone transfers out, thatputs them at 14 for 2019, so they don’t have room for both Cooke and Jackson if they’re intent to play together.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #33
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Would be a dream class for sure.

MSU got a fourth commitment yesterday which, assuming they have no walk ons or anyone transfers out, thatputs them at 14 for 2019, so they don’t have room for both Cooke and Jackson if they’re intent to play together.
Vic just ran another young lady off to sell Cooke and Jackson he has room for both.. Counting transfers his class is already at 7. He has scheduled an in home with Cooke this week. I get the feeling Dawn and LawLaw will get this done. Vic seems to be in chaos and panic mode. But with recruiting you never know!

Iggy Allen is the young lady Vic ran off today!!!

Last edited by AmonRa777; 10-11-2018 at 03:03 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #34
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Vic just ran another young lady off to sell Cooke and Jackson he has room for both.. Counting transfers his class is already at 7. He has scheduled an in home with Cooke this week. I get the feeling Dawn and LawLaw will get this done. Vic seems to be in chaos and panic mode. But with recruiting you never know!

Iggy Allen is the young lady Vic ran off today!!!
“Saint Vic” did WHAT?!?! Wow, I guess he’s not so pure as they make him out to be. This is definitely a move to make room for both Cooke and Jackson. Hopefully they get neither.

Jacaira “Iggy” Allen is a player we once recruited by the way. I’m sure that door is closed.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #35
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
“Saint Vic” did WHAT?!?! Wow, I guess he’s not so pure as they make him out to be. This is definitely a move to make room for both Cooke and Jackson. Hopefully they get neither.

Jacaira “Iggy” Allen is a player we once recruited by the way. I’m sure that door is closed.
Vic had me fooled for quite a while.. But this off season has opened my eyes!!
Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 AM   #36
Cockhornleghorn
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

I think Leticia will be a Gamecock. We're her last visit, it will be gorgeous this weekend and she wants to major in Sports Management, which is a well reviewed program at USC.The stars are aligned.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #37
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Leticia "Am I there or" Amihere? Well, she needs to be here.

I just don't see how a top recruit would even have to think about the decision - playing for Vic or Dawn. One is a legend as a player - college and pro - and coach. An Olympian both as player and coach.

Unless they are getting solid gold cowbells on their recruiting visits....
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:24 AM   #38
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

bbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spursbbbbookert has earned his spurs

We mark all the checks she wants hope its us she chooses she ultra athletic...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:54 AM   #39
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

Not sure when Laeticia arrived but looks like she left last night. She posted some pics from her visit on her IG stories and opened up her asks saying that her flight had been delayed.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #40
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Leticia "Am I there or" Amihere? Well, she needs to be here.

I just don't see how a top recruit would even have to think about the decision - playing for Vic or Dawn. One is a legend as a player - college and pro - and coach. An Olympian both as player and coach.

Unless they are getting solid gold cowbells on their recruiting visits....
Agreed on all points. Amihere is deciding between SC, Louisville and Kentucky though.