CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
etowngangsta
SheckWes
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1612)
Getting Paid. (1302)
Muschamp: the anti- (1026)
2020 Charlie Spegal (857)
Didn't catch the lat (423)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (254)
Football staff raise (202)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (159)
Dinosaur footprints (112)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (62)
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
2019 - John Dixon
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem
2019 - Matthew Bedford -

Old 10-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #141
henmania
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
henmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot material
Default Re: Texas A&M (Predictions & what to expect)

We need to keep this close at halftime. If we can do that, I like our chances. That was our problem with UGa and UK. They jumped on us early.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #142
eklypised
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1152093
eklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot materialeklypised is USC mascot material

Have they said whos gonna start at QB yet?
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #143
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

This game is winnable. These are things that I think we can do based on what I’ve seen from them this year.

1. Force Mond to make mistakes. Overall he has good numbers but he’s been just ok since that big Clemson game. I think our secondary can force him to make a couple bad throws. Interested to see the matchup between Fenton and Kendrick Rodgers.

2. Use the screen game. I’m surprised we haven’t seen the screen game more often when we’ve struggled to run the ball. We called it twice against Missouri and it worked well both times (perfectly to Dowdle on 3rd down). Could be very effective when you know you struggle to run and going up against a good defensive front.

3. Throw it to the TE/throw seam routes. Watching their games this year, teams have success throwing it to the TE that’s running up the seam. They don’t like covering the middle of the field.

4. Don’t lose the 1st quarter. You don’t even have to be in the lead, just don’t do anything stupid in the first quarter. Keep the crowd in the game.

5. Red Zone D. This one is pretty obvious. Hold them to field goals. When the field gets smaller, make Mond throw for the TD (see no. 1). If it comes down to field goals, I like our chances. Their kicker is 6/9 on field goals. They have a hell of a punter but they’ve missed some field goals.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #144
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklypised View Post
Have they said whos gonna start at QB yet?
Muschamp said on his call in show tonight that Jake would start. So thereís that.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #145
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I just can’t see how we win this outside of forcing a lot of turnovers.

USC can’t stop the run nor run the football
aTm averages 220 yards a game on the ground and gives up less than 100.

This is a terrible, terrible matchup.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #146
Bigboy803
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bigboy803 is learning to peck

Jake gets the start against Tamu
Bigboy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #147
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I just canít see how we win this outside of forcing a lot of turnovers.

USC canít stop the run nor run the football
aTm averages 220 yards a game on the ground and gives up less than 100.

This is a terrible, terrible matchup.
I have to give credit where it's due, even if it's weird credit. I don't like it when fans count us out before the game is played, but at least your posts don't come across as someone who basically hopes the team will lose just so they can boast about being right. That crap annoys me more than just about anything else.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #148
Rooster'srule
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 985410
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

We win this game
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #149
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

We have to make this a street fight.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #150
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16418
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Tough match up for sure. The real issue would be Mond running off passing plays. Have to have a spy, BAW? Their Pass D is not very good, so Bentley needs to be sharp. Will be interesting for sure, but this is also AMs first road game of the season, should help us.

I never pick against us, so hoping for a close hard fought W.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:45 AM   #151
scfan2001
I'm comin for u

Male

CockyCash: 600
scfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot material

45-17 A&M
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #152
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Tough match up for sure. The real issue would be Mond running off passing plays. Have to have a spy, BAW? Their Pass D is not very good, so Bentley needs to be sharp. Will be interesting for sure, but this is also AMs first road game of the season, should help us.

Maybe we will catch a break and Jimbo will out-think himself. He had a history of doing that at FSU where he would have games where his playcalling was highly suspect. If he is smart, like we all think he is, he is going to feed Williams the football and take shots down the field off playaction because chances are Fenton and Nixon are going to shit their pants and tackle a receiver before the ball gets there.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #153
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 76500000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post

Me either!!! I don't understand so called fans/supporters picking us to lose and big. The guy who posted after you did - no hope type - I guess would just forfeit, if given choice.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #154
carolinamyke
Two Deep

Male

carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

27-24 good guys. Thatís us if some on here r confused
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #155
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Each team has glaring mismatches. Whoever is able to expose those the best will win the game. I'm with everybody else though - I can't pick against us.

SC - 31
TAMU - 24
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #156
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 170240220783
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
They were not impressive against a mediocre UK defense last night

Their D looked good against a putrid UK offense.

UK sucks so aTm barely beating them doesnít tell me much.
You do realize we lost to Kentucky for the 5th straight year, right?
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #157
CockNJersey
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

This game is simple. Run the ball and stop the run. Unfortunately, 2 of our biggest weaknesses (running the ball and stopping the run) line up with two of their biggest strengths (stopping the run and running the ball).

I’m hopeful but don’t really see a way for us to win this game. Champ’s analysis of the run defense is that there really isn’t anything they can fix. We have been gashed on the ground for nearly 800 yards by UGA, UK and Mizzou, and A&M runs the ball just about as well as all of them.

Not sure how realistic it is to get hopes up that we have figured out run defense and how to run the ball since last Saturday.

Hope I’m wrong.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #158
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Maybe we will catch a break and Jimbo will out-think himself. He had a history of doing that at FSU where he would have games where his playcalling was highly suspect. If he is smart, like we all think he is, he is going to feed Williams the football and take shots down the field off playaction because chances are Fenton and Nixon are going to shit their pants and tackle a receiver before the ball gets there.

Don't forget about the unsportsman like flag flying in at some point.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #159
Tony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 201556
Tony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot material

When JB gets 2 scores behind, pull him.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #160
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 19800000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Muschamp said on his call in show tonight that Jake would start. So thereís that.
Interesting SDS article on Muschampís decision to go with Bentley:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/so...decision-2018/
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote