CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blackland
rt3891
Ironfan
DJ35
TaySC
5lbYardcock
GregoryHouse
Lonnie
PFW79
donbgamecock
Predictions: South C (2698)
Thoughts on Freshmen (2405)
**USC Women (2-0) vs (1323)
**USC (2-2) vs. Geor (1268)
The 2018 Gamecocks a (573)
USC's Tight Ends (476)
Tigers by 25 (468)
Ruin Thanksgiving in (382)
2019 - DJ Williams - (353)
Crawl space issues (275)
The 2018 Gamecocks are av
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
Champ vs Spurrier
Can We Upset Clemson?
Thoughts on Freshmen that
2018 College Head Coachin
**USC (2-2) vs. George Wa
2019 - DJ Williams - Appa
Tigers by 25
Predictions: South Caroli

Old 11-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #41
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: EXHIBITION:**USC Women vs. Lander GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Nope, on the cliney part just shorten her min a lil but start her...
Seriously why start Cliney? Granted she is a defender! But she can't shoot, can't handle and is the worst passer of the Staley era.. With all due respect for the greatest of Coach Staley, Cliney should be the seventh player in the game. She wouldn't even be my 6th man.
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #42
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Seriously why start Cliney? Granted she is a defender! But she can't shoot, can't handle and is the worst passer of the Staley era.. With all due respect for the greatest of Coach Staley, Cliney should be the seventh player in the game. She wouldn't even be my 6th man.
Same reasons dozier, sessions, elem ibem did experience...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #43
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Saxton reminds me of Anriel Howard
omg hope ur right
Old 11-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #44
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Lashes is a good one. But she can't move as fast as Victaria to save her life.. Saxton is gonna be special.. Might prove to be the most underrated recruit in the 2018 class. She was ranked between 33-40 depending on the service.. She was sprinter on her track team and is a tremendous leaper.. She was forced to play center in hs because she is 6'2" ... I can't wait to see how far she progresses by January! If she can hit a few midrange jumpers she'll compete with Destanni for freshman of the year in the SEC!
So mad i missed saxton she sounds like a baller
Old 11-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #45
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Saxton reminds me of Anriel Howard
Yes, without the excessive makeup.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #46
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Is she sec ready yet , wasnt there just asking
Old 11-03-2018, 06:42 PM   #47
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 54000
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

The double/double from Victaria was impressive to watch but I need to see more in non- conference to say how SEC ready she is. I’m safe in saying she’ll be very productive as a freshman, in much the way Ty and Bianca Jackson produced as freshman the last two seasons.

Destanni is this real deal. She’s living up to her hs ranking. Now, she does look SEC ready and I agree, a SEC FOY trophy is a very good bet, and she’ll likely be in the discussion for national FOY as well.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #48
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
The double/double from Victaria was impressive to watch but I need to see more in non- conference to say how SEC ready she is. I’m safe in saying she’ll be very productive as a freshman, in much the way Ty and Bianca Jackson produced as freshman the last two seasons.

Destanni is this real deal. She’s living up to her hs ranking. Now, she does look SEC ready and I agree, a SEC FOY trophy is a very good bet, and she’ll likely be in the discussion for national FOY as well.
We'll have plenty to discuss come January! You are right about Destanni.. But I know superior athletes with moxy when I see them. Saxton is gonna be bigtime. You are right the question is the rigors of SEC competition. The speed of the conference will be no problem for her... That's what shocked Daz and Lele last year. Saxton will adapt quickly.
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #49
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Is she sec ready yet , wasnt there just asking
Being a true freshman who's yet to play an actual official college game, much less an SEC game, I doubt the verdict is in quite yet on that. Good thing is, we have a little bit of time to get her prepared, and at the start it is looking pretty good....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #50
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Milks26 has hatched from the shell

Just from their youtube highlights - and I knew that Destanni & Victaria would be great for this team
Old 11-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #51
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Our next game will be on the road Sunday against Alabama State (0-1). They opened their season Wednesday against Kentucky in Lexington, and lost 87-35. We will play them on their home court, but I'm expecting a similar result at worst. We will have Cuevas-Moore and Perry available to go, but Jennings will not play. She is practicing but is still probably another game away from returning.

In UK's win, they took twice as many shot attempts as Alabama St. did (80 to 41). This isn't that huge of a surprise, as we all know Matt Mitchell loves to have his teams running all out and attacking the baskets. The biggest thing that stood out to me from the boxscore of the game was that Alabama State committed 43 - forty-three!! - turnovers. UK had 23 steals for the game.

So if we're going to have a guard-heavy team that has strong perimeter defense, like I expect we will, I expect to see Alabama State have another game where they struggle to take care of the ball. We'll see......
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #52
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Dawn won’t run up the score since B Jackson’s mom is their coach.