CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
TaySC
GAMEKEM
GregoryHouse
thumpin big
Ironfan
Three and Out
COCKYWOOD
Order 66
Cockypantherfan
Ty’son Willians to x (2614)
*** USC MBB (9-8, 4- (1525)
Jake Bentley progres (670)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (659)
2019 Preferred Walk (566)
2020 - Vershon Lee (519)
Transfer Portal (463)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (436)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (387)
2020- Zykevious Walk (367)
*** USC MBB (9-8, 4-1) vs
Tech question
2019 - Shilo Sanders
Ty’son Willians to xfer
Unanimous
2019 Preferred Walk On -
2020- Zykevious Walker
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 - Jammie Robinson
Muschamp at Carolina and

Old 01-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #181
eatlighting
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material
Default Re: No longer USC

Just like Ohio State fans frequently (annoyingly) refer to OSU as simply “The” in casual conversation, does that mean that we can start calling our school the “Of.

“I pull for the Of.”

We have the market cornered on prepositions. I guess we should run with it.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #182
SheckWes
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

I kind of like it.
And i don’t mind it, because all i know is the block C logo.
Not like we are going to sell merchandise with the monogram on it.
People buy clothing and whatnot for athletics
Old 01-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #183
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 01-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #184
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Unpopular opinion the block c and gamecock logo is terrible
kick_ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #185
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
Unpopular opinion the block c and gamecock logo is terrible
What did we have before Dietzel created the Gamecock?
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #186
dreammachine
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
KINDof
SUCKS

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #187
igotmycockcloth
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
igotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
For a University that receives taxpayer dollars, we should expect better from out communications department. The staff in charge admitted they messed up the roll out. For a multi-million dollar institution, these unforced errors should not happen at all. They happened because we hired amateurs instead of experienced communication professionals.
igotmycockcloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:47 AM   #188
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

The losses just keep coming!
EAtMoRTaYtErz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:17 AM   #189
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
beak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPit

I like it, I am tired of being USCjr by the national folks. USC will always be So Cal., imo, by everybody else. Lets make our own winning niche. We can still chant USC, etc. I see no big deal.
beak2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #190
JerseyBird
Just go for the ball

Male

CockyCash: 36177198539763
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Just wondering, has anyone made issue of the color of the UofSC logo being wrong? On a Gamecocks page on Facebook, the admin referred to the color as burgundy instead of garnet, but did it in a way that implied that our school color was burgundy instead. I knew for sure he knew the right color, but when someone commented "it's garnet, not burgundy!" I replied in agreement, and he took us to task for insulting him that he didn't know it was garnet (fair enough). I apologized but further said that at least to me, it was close enough on my browser to not notice the difference. He proceeded to dismiss my apology and go on a rant about how the logo is clearly burgundy and not garnet and we were very insulting to him.

Surprisingly I wasn't banninated but I did note that the other person is no longer in the group, either by their choice or by banhammer.

TLDR: not only does the logo suck, it's the wrong color (maybe)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #191
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I think we need a whole new sports logo. Go back to the gamecock by itself, but make it much larger.
wincocks84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #192
Daddylawman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Daddylawman is learning to peckDaddylawman is learning to peck

To the folks complaining about the logo itself, that is certainly a valid issue. To those who are upset that it doesn't say "USC", you should know it can not. We lost a trademark battle in court in 2010 based on a baseball trademark. The court's decision said the other USC had trademarked it first and we would be causing marketplace confusion.

We can disagree, but that's the bottom line for not having a simple "USC" logo.
Daddylawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #193
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 8996672
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

I see where they are going with this.

Later this year you will see a stylized gamecock that incorporates the "U" and "Of" with the "SC" on an updated logo (may be an alternate football logo or basketball rollout.

They are trying to get us used to UofSC now before we see the Uof

still sucks tho.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:32 PM   #194
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Absolutely HORRIBLE AND embarrassing.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #195
ccured
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 25200
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Agree. Any freshman graphic design major could have pounded this out in an hour or less. For free.
That's my thing. You're a freaking university. Have your students in those majors design something. If used give the free tuition. Don't ink a contract for almost a quarter of s million dollars to people in Ohio for crying out loud. And if you want to use an outside source are their no design firms in SC? Seems like this should also maybe have been up for a state bid?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #196
Cockadoo
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Cockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
To the folks complaining about the logo itself, that is certainly a valid issue. To those who are upset that it doesn't say "USC", you should know it can not. We lost a trademark battle in court in 2010 based on a baseball trademark. The court's decision said the other USC had trademarked it first and we would be causing marketplace confusion.

But you can't trademark letters of the alphabet or abbreviations, only how its presented, fonts, etc. Plus names are registered on a state by state basis. So there is no reason we couldn't keep it USC. Only how it is presented.

Just like the OSU's, all the Deltas, the Uniteds, etc.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #197
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2010508
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post

Then we had TERRIBLE lawyers. having gone through TRADEMARK BATTLES myself. I can tell you that a lot has to do with who used it first.

We were a University longer than they have been a state
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #198
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Getting a lot of crap about the logo from Clemson fans. They adding a national championship logo and we added a MS Paint logo...

Way to go UofSC way to go..
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:48 PM   #199
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I see where they are going with this.

Later this year you will see a stylized gamecock that incorporates the "U" and "Of" with the "SC" on an updated logo (may be an alternate football logo or basketball rollout.

They are trying to get us used to UofSC now before we see the Uof

still sucks tho.
If that’s their plan, they’ve rolled it out terribly. They should have come out with their best logo off the bat, so people would at least like something about it. To use a terrible logo with a motto you know will be hated is just dumb. It’s a lot easier to win people over if you’re hearing, ‘I hate the idea of U of SC, BUT that logo is awesome.’ Instead they just decided to suck both ways.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #200
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2010508
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Getting a lot of crap about the logo from Clemson fans. They adding a national championship logo and we added a MS Paint logo...

Way to go UofSC way to go..

As most people on here know, I own Photography and Graphic design businesses.

Professionally, I think the logo is a joke.

My people could have turned out better in 20 minutes or less.

I cannot believe that the Art Department at the University that I graduated from could not do better. Any first year graphics and design student could.

Then I find out that they PAID to have this monstrosity created

WOW... JUST WOW
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote