CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Handsome_Dabo
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
SuperCockMaster
Aggie96
thekob
The Yancey
johnnyb
SEC East QB's Ranked (1340)
The bane of our seas (1322)
Ward wants us to pla (1047)
OBC banner being add (939)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (921)
Who scores the first (610)
Davis Playing in A&a (552)
Come and get your Jo (444)
All garnet for Thurs (420)
CFB Playoff Bracket (409)
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
Who scores the first touc
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Davis Playing in A&M
As things currently stand
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
The bane of our season
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
CFB Playoff Bracket predi
Come and get your Johnny

Old 11-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Thoughts about UGA pulling same card this year?

Let's be honest, Georgia is going to beat a very bad Auburn team next week and for the second year in a row- they will back themselves into a spot in Atlanta. A chance to win the SEC championship.

Both of the the past 2 years, one team has beat them each season. This season, it was even more convincing than last...and even with some fortunate turnovers in our favor early that we capitalized on- Carolina held a "powerful" Georgia offense to under 225 yards and a late garbage touchdown.

However, Georgia is in the spotlight now and will sitting at No. 5 in the BCS rankings that come out tonight. Their loss to the Gamecocks is so far away in the minds of voters and analysts constantly blabbing on television...now, they even have the firepower to possibly contend with Alabama in Atlanta!

Surely the schedule has favored Georgia this year as they pulled 2 horrible Western Division teams and we pull 2 preseason Top 10 teams. We know one of those teams isn't who we thought they were, but it still goes to prove a point.

Is it sour grapes to talk about it, whine, and complain after the team you whip skates into the big game- especially when you know the rules going in? Of course we should have taken care of business at Death Valley and at the Swamp...the could've-should've-would'ves are there. BUT, does the argument that division record should decide who represents the East and West in the SECCG hold some real weight?

How do you feel about this?

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit
Default Re: Thoughts about UGA pulling same card this year?

If we had taken care of ourselves it wouldn't have mattered. We aren't quite good enough yet to beat the very best. If we had UGA's schedule then we would have gone to Atl instead of them. SEC wants the big names in those games.
talon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Well if we went by east division record it would be a 3 way tie.
And then I'd guess the tiebreaker would be Conference record.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
TheBiggestSpur
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
TheBiggestSpur is learning to peckTheBiggestSpur is learning to peck

They WON the east I don't see how you back into something win you win it out right. Schedules aside its our fault were not there.
TheBiggestSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

They had one tough road game and lost badly. We had two, barely lost one, and lost badly the other. Our fates were shaped by the schedules. A lot gets determined before we play a game. Same reason Clemson is getting no BCS love with 1 loss. Their schedule never had the beef. Nothing you can do about it, except try and win the games you are supposed to lose.

Next year, we have no really tough road games. 3 challenging games in a row, yes, but not against top 20 teams. We can afford one loss next year before we're out of the discussion with two losses. The difference is, we won't have quite the road challenges that we did this year. If we play at the same level next year that we played this season (not counting UF), we likely will only lose one or none. The schedule is set up for win after win if we can be stingy on D again, and get 30 points a game on O.

This year was encouraging for me. We laid an egg in Gainesville, but overall we looked like a legit BCS bowl contender.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Well, we had a chance to control our destiny into the SECCG. We looked horrible against Florida. It is what it is...
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiggestSpur View Post
They WON the east I don't see how you back into something win you win it out right. Schedules aside its our fault were not there.
Either read my post again or read how the division champions are determined. We are speaking in hypotheticals.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'd rather be good and know it than win awards beating people who aren't near the top. We lost our chance by not playing near the top against teams we could beat. I'm still pleased that we play the best regardless of awards. It is what it is.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I am even more tired of hearing our fans bitch about them "backing in" than them actually doing it. We had our chance plain and simple and we blew it. Did they have the most favorable schedules? Yes they did but no team can control what schedule they get and you just have to play the games you are given. We controlled our own destiny not Georgia and when the time came to do something about it we didn't.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I am even more tired of hearing our fans bitch about them "backing in" than them actually doing it. We had our chance plain and simple and we blew it. Did they have the most favorable schedules? Yes they did but no team can control what schedule they get and you just have to play the games you are given. We controlled our own destiny not Georgia and when the time came to do something about it we didn't.
I haven't really seen much discussion on here about it, honestly. Kind of why I made the post.

In addition, I am not supporting or bitching about either side of the argument...just presenting it for discussion. I think I outlined the rest of your post in the OP, as well.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I think I would rather be in UGA's position than our position but I do not blame UGA...for the second year in a row they did just enough and then watched us choke it away...so if we blame anybody, blame us for losing two SEC games...if we cannot win all of our regular season SEC games, or at least less than 2, I don't like our chances in the SECCG anyway...now I'd like getting there rather than not but we need to figure out how to beat teams on the road as we do at home and also look the part of a contender week in and week out.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

bmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spurs

Makes me sick to my stomach
Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Elite teams win away games. We had our chances. Hopefully, we can put it all together next year.
bobbycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
sharpstick
4-Star

Male

sharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talons

N0, they didn't back in, their easy schedule helped them slide in. Are they a better team than the gamecocks, no and we have the satisfaction knowing that they have to go another year, knowing in their heart that we are better. That been said, we lost two games we should have won, so it's our fault the dogs are going to the SEC championship game.
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
JRob
Retired Rugger

Male

CockyCash: 100500
JRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to JRob Send a message via Yahoo to JRob

What makes me sick is that our two losses were both winnable. In one, one or two plays going different and we win. Florida it seemed like we didn't even show up ready to play and then quit when it finally sunk in that Florid did. Neither of those situations are Georgia's fault.

JRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

UGA vs UF shouldn't be a neutral site game. Playing in the Swamp in one of the toughest feats in college football.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
Cockadile
Recruit

Male

Cockadile has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Let's be honest, Georgia is going to beat a very bad Auburn team next week and for the second year in a row- they will back themselves into a spot in Atlanta. A chance to win the SEC championship.

Both of the the past 2 years, one team has beat them each season. This season, it was even more convincing than last...and even with some fortunate turnovers in our favor early that we capitalized on- Carolina held a "powerful" Georgia offense to under 225 yards and a late garbage touchdown.

However, Georgia is in the spotlight now and will sitting at No. 5 in the BCS rankings that come out tonight. Their loss to the Gamecocks is so far away in the minds of voters and analysts constantly blabbing on television...now, they even have the firepower to possibly contend with Alabama in Atlanta!

Surely the schedule has favored Georgia this year as they pulled 2 horrible Western Division teams and we pull 2 preseason Top 10 teams. We know one of those teams isn't who we thought they were, but it still goes to prove a point.

Is it sour grapes to talk about it, whine, and complain after the team you whip skates into the big game- especially when you know the rules going in? Of course we should have taken care of business at Death Valley and at the Swamp...the could've-should've-would'ves are there. BUT, does the argument that division record should decide who represents the East and West in the SECCG hold some real weight?

How do you feel about this?
it's a good question, and like last year Ga played a light schedule as far as the west. I think it should be considered when factoring in div winner. We beat every team in our division last year, which is literally winning your division. If the other top in your division doesn't play the top then the won who beat them should be the conference winner imo.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

We shat the bed get over it, Georgia took care of business we didn't lets win out and get a great bowl game thats all that matters now.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #19
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

LOL, how did UGA back into it? They did what they had to do and beat UF. We could not beat either LSU or UF so we got what we deserved (again).
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
nealbo129
Banned

Male

nealbo129 has hatched from the shell

Yea I'm tired of them backing in to these games. Also, I'm tired of the undefeated teams backing into undefeated seasons. Get real man
nealbo129 is offline   Reply With Quote