CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
kingofnerf
sanford
Devonte Holloman Ret (2461)
JD & DJ Getting (1053)
Aggie looking forwar (1045)
Article on Shaw & (1015)
Cockaboose Owners (965)
I have not bought in (902)
and the #1 2014 acc (823)
I'm thinking we're g (724)
SEC East QB's Ranked (535)
Clemson OT to transf (468)
First "Carolina Call
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I have not bought into ou
Really excited to visit t
Lattimore Tidbit
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Madden 15 demo?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
gamecockbythesea
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 266
gamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spurs
Default Have you written Marcus a letter?

I just sat down and wrote Marcus Lattimore a letter. I thanked him for the positive impact he has had on the young people of the state of South Carolina and beyond.

I'm a high school teacher in Wilmington, North Carolina and have heard students in the hallways talking about him in a very positive manner.

I kept it very light and told him that I looked forward to following his recovery and future endeavors.

I was wondering if others had written him.
gamecockbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
badfish17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Have you written Marcus a letter?

We sent him a couple of cards, one from the kids and one from me/wife.

Go Gamecocks !!!
badfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talons

my opinion but instead of thousands of lil kids and people writing latti... people need to let miles and davis know we still here for them to. i dont think its right that marcus is getting so much attention. not taking away from what he is but this has been blown way out of proportion
TheDarkCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I signed one of the big cards at the rally but I haven't didn't sit down and write a personal letter. Not sure that I will.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
gamecockbythesea
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 266
gamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spursgamecockbythesea has earned his spurs

It is hard to believe that so many football players receive these devastating injuries, and I agree that all should get the support of the fans. But any time a spotlight individual (athelete, musician, or actor) can have a positive impact on the attitudes of young people, I say let it get blown out of proportion.
gamecockbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
badfish17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCock21 View Post
my opinion but instead of thousands of lil kids and people writing latti... people need to let miles and davis know we still here for them to. i dont think its right that marcus is getting so much attention. not taking away from what he is but this has been blown way out of proportion

I see what your saying and I hope KMiles & company know we are behind them. I would love to see KMiles go out with a solid last few games here at South Carolina, he has been an awesome team player and Gamecock throughout his career. I guess the best way to reach out to/cheer for the remaining backs would be at the walk and games.

Go Gamecocks !!!
badfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Marcus doesn't need a letter from me. There is really nothing for me to say that he doesn't already surely know.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I wrote him two letters and two numbers: ML21

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

TheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish17 View Post
I see what your saying and I hope KMiles & company know we are behind them. I would love to see KMiles go out with a solid last few games here at South Carolina, he has been an awesome team player and Gamecock throughout his career. I guess the best way to reach out to/cheer for the remaining backs would be at the walk and games.
miles is more than ready. him and davis will do work and here is to hoping we dont use b wilds and waste that RS
TheDarkCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

This past Thursday you could go to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal and they would take your pic holding signs, you could upload a vid to their email and they will compile them all and they are presenting them to Marcus. I emailed a minute vid telling Marcus Rebel and Gamecock Nation were pulling and praying for him and if anyone could come back, he could. I really hope he takes his redshirt and comes back in 2014. He's not done, I told him that in my vid and to stay strong.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #11
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I haven't yet, but plan on it a little later. He's getting flooded with cards & letters right now so I wanted to wait a while before I sent him anything.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #12
Graham31004
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Graham31004 has hatched from the shell

Yeah I wrote one a couple days after the injury.
Graham31004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
Steady
Great to be a gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Steady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCock21 View Post
They're big kids, they get it. They can handle it. They're not starving for attention. Understandably marcus is going to get some attention for something as big as this. Last year Kenny stepped up, so did Wilds as will Mike Davis. I'm not worried that marcus is getting too much attention. Even less worried that something like that would even bother Kenny or Mike.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #14
sully1
4-Star

Male

sully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his claws

I did...

Basically wished him a speedy recovery and thanked him for the person and role model he was on the field, but moreso who he is off the field.

Let him know that I will have succeeded as a father if my 2 year old ends up being anything like him when he is in college.

There should be so many more ML's in this world. Even though it might be hard for us to see or comprehend, God has a great plan for ML!

ML knows that and that is why he is truly special...
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
cockyness11
4-Star

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

This is what we wrote him....

Marcus,

There isn't a card, which could ever express the multitude of how many people you have touched within this state or within this nation. No one could ever completely envision the depth of the uniqueness of your persona nor even fully understand the quality of a person you are or carry yourself as in every situation. You are every bit of the type pf person I push for my kids to have as a role model.. The attributes you endure are exactly what I thrive to instill upon my children... I would think I am probably not the only one who truly believes that as well. I can only hope to be able to raise our children within a loving, caring, and morally supportive environment as your parents have accomplished with you. We as Gamecock fans are grateful for the positive approach you brought to this community as we are honored to know that a person of your highly regarded moral standard will always be apart of Gamecock Nation. We were devastated when we saw the mishap that happened to you. We are kind of still in denial even as we write this letter to you. We kept asking ourselves,"How could this of happened to such a great person who is the most unselfish, caring, respectful human being we have ever came across??" Only at that moment, is when we realized that if this had to happen and God had to choose someone whom could fight thru this diversity. Then God knew that the one person he could have complete faith in to not only make the most of this situation, but also realize this was not a way of punishment for that person, It was you. It is just merely a test of faith and passion within oneself.. I do believe God knows the faith you have for him, now I think he is going to learn the faith you have for yourself. That is why I think God has chosen you for this journey. he wants you too understand the strengths that you possess, that so many of us see day in and day out.
We are all behind you and have complete faith in you Marcus. I think God does as well and wants you to understand the faith we all have in you. I strongly believe God sees the greatness within people and understands our strengths as well as our faith we carry within ourselves. Even though we don't understand them most of the time. You have this gift about you that brings out the greatness in people because you show them the greatness you see within their selves even we they can't see it. You are not admired only for the skills you possess on a football field,but as well as the characteristics you have been bestowed upon yourself as a human being. We will have you in our prayers Marcus and have faith for you to have a completely successful recovery.

Always a fan of Marcus Sledge!!!
The Thomas Family!!!

Last edited by cockyness11; 11-06-2012 at 03:18 PM.
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

not yet. we sent him a card last year. hope to get my daughter to draw him a picture.
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #17
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

Sure did

North Carolina Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #18
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

How do we do that? I signed a long list, but it was impersonal.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
GoFightWin
Walk On

Male

GoFightWin has feathers coming inGoFightWin has feathers coming inGoFightWin has feathers coming in

I sent a picture postcard of my daughter cheering at the UT game with this quote on it:

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." - Orison Swett Marden
GoFightWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFightWin View Post
I sent a picture postcard of my daughter cheering at the UT game with this quote on it:

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." - Orison Swett Marden
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote