CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (28057)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2231)
Simple "yes&quo (1575)
We actually didnt lo (1387)
Phil Steele just pre (1253)
what I think ab ward (1142)
Extremely Proud (1042)
Eat Crow (1033)
Garcia: Change the R (800)
I want people to exp (758)
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
cockfan720
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPitcockfan720 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to cockfan720
Default Empty Seats tomorrow

It looks like the University just released all unclaimed East Upper Student seats to the general public. Expect a 1/2 full East upper tomorrow. I understand that Arkansas will have very few fans traveling, but it's really pathetic that we can't fill our stadium for the last SEC home game of our season. Who cares if it's a noon game; the weather is supposed to be sunny and 75 degrees. I know we had high goals for this year and didn't live up to some of them, but we're in the top 10 in mid-November.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E...4&minorcatid=8

For those that continually ask why we don't expand the stadium, this is why.
Forever to Thee - RIP Kenny - #11
cockfan720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
gamecock1119
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
gamecock1119 is learning to peckgamecock1119 is learning to peck
Default Re: Empty Seats tomorrow

I agree that it's pathetic that we can't fill our stadium anymore. I know people talk prices and priorities and stuff, but I doubt ANY of those seats sell. $65 is just a lot of money for the average family or person to pay.

Plus tix around the same areas are going for $30 on stubhub
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I was in Athens for the Ole Miss game. Same thing happened there with empty seats. If the away fans don't show up then this is what is going to happen.

My 60 HDTV is a helluva lot better seat than anywhere in the east upper. I don't blame people for staying home.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Sad when the you have to beg people to come to watch your final home game.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

They are turning some of them into student tickets I believe and are giving students an option to come even if they didn't luck out and get tickets for this game. So that will help as well.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
gamecock1119
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Sad when the you have to beg people to come to watch your final home game.
We still got Wofford. And if it's like The Citadel last year, we actually got a pretty good turnout
Old 11-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

I'm done worrying about it. I go to all the home games and a few away games each year, but obviously I care more about football than most people I know.

Some prefer to spend their extra income on going to the movies, eating at expensive restaurants, or drinking lots of beer. I on the other hand spend most of my entertainment money on the Gamecocks.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
They are turning some of them into student tickets I believe and are giving students an option to come even if they didn't luck out and get tickets for this game. So that will help as well.
So you're saying instead of the seats being empty at kickoff...we can just expect it at halftime now?

I kid, I kid...

Last edited by ColaCock; 11-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.
ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post
We still got Wofford. And if it's like The Citadel last year, we actually got a pretty good turnout

Citadel had far more in the crowd than Wofford will. Many Citadel grads were dressed in garnet & black, but wanted to see their alma mater play the big boys.

Outside of USC & Clemson I don't think anyone would argue that The Citadel has the best group of sports fans in the state.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
My 60 HDTV is a helluva lot better seat than anywhere in the east upper. I don't blame people for staying home.
So we should just get rid of the upper decks and all buy 60 inch flat screens?
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #11
gamecock1119
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Citadel had far more in the crowd than Wofford will. Many Citadel grads were dressed in garnet & black, but wanted to see their alma mater play the big boys.

Outside of USC & Clemson I don't think anyone would argue that The Citadel has the best group of sports fans in the state.
I agree with you. Yet the ticket map for the Wofford game has singles only available. That could change I guess. I think a lot of young families go to these games because of the more affordable $30 ticket price
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I agree with you. Yet the ticket map for the Wofford game has singles only available. That could change I guess. I think a lot of young families go to these games because of the more affordable $30 ticket price

Possibly so and the game is on PPV too. A ticket cost about the same as the price of PPV.

I enjoy the games against the instate schools. Many are Gamecock Fans and there isn't any real hate involved. Just people going to enjoy a football game and most know the outcome.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Also, isn't Wofford Military Appreciation Day? A lot of the unused tickets were probably given to Fort Jackson, MCAS Beaufort, Joint Base Charleston, McEntire, etc, which suits me just fine to give unused tickets to our fine men and women in uniform. Without their sacrifices, we wouldn't be able to enjoy the freedom of watching our Gamecocks play.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
So we should just get rid of the upper decks and all buy 60 inch flat screens?
Nope, just rework the seating to accomodate the 60" butts trying to fit into a 22" seat.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

CockyCash: 490
IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
The OP said that they are selling the unclaimed East Upper student tickets. How could they be giving the students more tickets when they didn't claim them all?

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
IHateOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

cost and TV are the reasons and this trend will continue
it may get worse as the Univ continue to increase the costs to the fans
every fan has a limit to what they willing to pay
I reached mine a couple of years ago
I love the Gamecocks but I reached my limit
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
uscsec
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 92926
uscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his comb

I hate noon games!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
KingCock1986
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
KingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervous

I picked up 2 tickets on StubHub in section 507 for a total of $55.77.....I will keep a good eye on Section 506 (who knows what happens up there, it is like ARea 51!!!).......

KC86
KingCock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
badfish17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spurs

I would love to go but buying five tickets, wofford is much more reasonable.

so it goes.

Go Gamecocks !!!
badfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

It'll be about like the Tennessee game.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote