CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1797)
The #AskEmmert Q& (574)
Stadium Ratings-Site (417)
Construction of Worl (281)
Peach Bowl name retu (279)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (276)
Save Electricity By (228)
HELP calculating acr (201)
How Experienced In P (133)
NBA Wants to Up Age (128)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb
Default Nosovich

Anyone hear any practice reports about his progress?
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit
Default Re: Nosovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
Anyone hear any practice reports about his progress?
Future Cade Thompson.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

didn't he transfer?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
didn't he transfer?
You're probably thinking of Tanner McEvoy. Unless something has happened of which I am unaware, Nosovich is currently redshirting in his true freshman year.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

We will find out in March.

From the little I have been told, he is playing like a freshman. Good things and bad things.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The thing to keep in mind is there isn't much developing during the season as most of the focus is on the guys that will be playing on Saturdays. The young guys do get Monday Night Football where they get to scrimmage but other than that, the development doesn't really get going until the Spring and offseason workouts.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

With Connor Mitch comming in early and being here for the Spring it should make the QB position battle real interesting. Like C2 said Nosovitch hasn't had a Spring to really learn the system and gain experience. I think he has a chance to push himself up the depth chart with the way inconsistent QB play we have had but I doubt any of them unseat Shaw as the #1.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

No one really knows what he'll do until he gets to play and even then he has to play to develop. His time will come.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
With Connor Mitch comming in early and being here for the Spring it should make the QB position battle real interesting. Like C2 said Nosovitch hasn't had a Spring to really learn the system and gain experience. I think he has a chance to push himself up the depth chart with the way inconsistent QB play we have had but I doubt any of them unseat Shaw as the #1.

I love how people say our QB play has been inconsistent this year which by normal standards it is......But if you think its bad now just remember where we were between Blake Mitchell and Now......Not saying it was great back then either but after Mitchell it was just down right awful and Garcia was so up and down it was hard to tell what kinda game we were going to get out of him. Not even going to mention the other names.

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
I love how people say our QB play has been inconsistent this year which by normal standards it is......But if you think its bad now just remember where we were between Blake Mitchell and Now......Not saying it was great back then either but after Mitchell it was just down right awful and Garcia was so up and down it was hard to tell what kinda game we were going to get out of him. Not even going to mention the other names.

I agree, but QB play could be the difference between playing for the SEC and the Outback Bowl.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Future Cade Thompson.

ouch!
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #12
Carolina_Harv

Male

Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I agree, but QB play could be the difference between playing for the SEC and the Outback Bowl.
Oh totally agree! Our QB play has gotten better over the past 4 years but still no where near where it should be.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
You're probably thinking of Tanner McEvoy. Unless something has happened of which I am unaware, Nosovich is currently redshirting in his true freshman year.
Yup. Thanks Don.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
Oh totally agree! Our QB play has gotten better over the past 4 years but still no where near where it should be.
Yes, and it makes me wonder if our incoming guys will be like Bama's QB, Arky's QB, or UT's QB. It would have been great yesterday if the HBC would have let DT air it out some.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
Carolina_Harv

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Yes, and it makes me wonder if our incoming guys will be like Bama's QB, Arky's QB, or UT's QB. It would have been great yesterday if the HBC would have let DT air it out some.
I think if Shaw does not throw that INT in the endzone and we get points there he lets Thompson air it out some.....I just don't think Spurrier wanted another turnover and wanted to keep us healthy for Clemson.

**SIG created by cack
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

is nosovich supposed to be good. haven't heard much on him. just google connor mitch. what i read hoping he is a stud at qb. i like shaw just wish his arm was stronger.
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I have heard Todd Ellis talk about how big Noso is. I don't think that he is as tall as Todd, so he must have been referring to how muscular he is.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

looking at his highlights, he seems to me almost like a carbon copy of connor shaw. hopefully spurrier will train him up enough not to run out of the pocket prematurely though.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I have heard Todd Ellis talk about how big Noso is. I don't think that he is as tall as Todd, so he must have been referring to how muscular he is.

I don't know exactly how accurate GamecocksOnline football roster is, but it says that BN is the same height as Connor (6'1") but is 3 LBS heavier (210)
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #20
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet 4 Life 81 View Post
is nosovich supposed to be good. haven't heard much on him. just google connor mitch. what i read hoping he is a stud at qb. i like shaw just wish his arm was stronger.
Didn't it come down to Oregon and us? I just feel if Oregon wanted him then he must bring something postitive but I haven't seen enough of Nosovitch to make a better case for him moving up.