CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
bigdog2003
GSC2013
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
The Yancey
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Gamecock football Long Te
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play

Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Williams-Brice Ramps

The Upper Deck ramps...

Pros: Fairly unique. I haven't seen another stadium where the ramps are exposed to the field like ours. Nice tradition of people watching the game from the ramps. Easy to walk up and wide enough not to cause huge bottlenecks.

Cons: Lack of foresight means no upper-deck bowl EVER unless we tear them down and start over.

What say you?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Williams-Brice Ramps

Ramps = Champs. Keep the ramps!
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I never sit in my seat. I'm a ramp rat now and forever!
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

They're unique to the stadium. Would be insanely expensive to remove and replace. Only expansion will be over the student section, but that's way down the road.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

I think they should cover up the openings. So people couldn't stand and watcht the game from them.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

That's going to be a really unpopular opinion...
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I think they should cover up the openings. So people couldn't stand and watcht the game from them.
You need an injection.

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Wouldn't that cut into the capacity numbers?

Seating capacity is 80,250 so I assume that to get things like the record crowd from the UGA game this year of 85,199, a lot of that came from people watching from the ramps?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
pantera17
Banned

Male

pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

I never understand why people would wanna watch the game from them. You can see better from your seats. And the stadium wouldn't look as empty.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Gotta admit, they look pretty bad-ass painted.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
pantera17
Banned

Male

They really do look much better. But at least paint all of them. And all the way around lol.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
I never understand why people would wanna watch the game from them. You can see better from your seats. And the stadium wouldn't look as empty.
Not true a spot on the ramp has better view than the top ten rows. I dont stand but have watched from the ramps whole i smomed back in the day now they have cops all over them and i dont smoke anymore
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Not true a spot on the ramp has better view than the top ten rows. I dont stand but have watched from the ramps whole i smomed back in the day now they have cops all over them and i dont smoke anymore
I've sat at the. Very top and loved the view. I could see the whole field. Actually prefer it to tv.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
I've sat at the. Very top and loved the view. I could see the whole field. Actually prefer it to tv.
I have sat at tbe very top az well you can see more of the field but the action on your end of a ramp is a whole lot better view. Imo the best seat is the first row of the upper level along one of the 40s
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
pantera17
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
You need an injection.

Thanks for calling me stupid because I don't agree with you.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Come on Pantera, you've been around long enough, get some tougher skin.

He wasn't calling you stupid, he just... well, OK, he was calling you stupid, but still, it's just because he thought what you said, the words that you typed into the computer, were stupid.

I'm sure he still holds you in the highest regard.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm sure he still holds you in the highest regard.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #18
sckat
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
sckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his combsckat is developing his comb

Quote:
No way! I love standing in the ramps. We sat in seats for the first time in years today, and while it was nice to sit down every now and then, I missed my ramp.

Quote:
All those people you see standing in the ramps.... I would be there are a bunch of them thinking: I never understand why people would want to watch the game from seats.
sckat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

The only advantages to the ramps are you can stand and no one around you will complain.

Back in the older days you could also smoke on the ramps, but of course that ended
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

i love the ramps.....never watched a game there but best way to get ppl in and out of the stadium