CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
MEL
auslander
sanford
MWard
ccured
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
WeStillOwnUSC
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1461)
Texags (1213)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1092)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Ace suspended 4 game (989)
Dawg DL man arrested (897)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (741)
Comporium (736)
Georgia DE Jonathan (613)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (604)
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
2015 - Traveon Samuel
2015 - Mon Denson
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Albert Huggins


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 12,096
CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Opening line

Anyone wanna a guess?? I thinking Clemson(-3.5)... Thoughts?
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone
 
Spurrier_Superior_One's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cola, The Other Gamecock City
Posts: 22,396
CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Carolina favored by 1.5 that's my prediction
__________________
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
rosstheboss
Diehard
 
rosstheboss's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 6,602
CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

clemson -5
__________________
2013 Alum. 5-0 vs Clemson
rosstheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.
 
CockyInGA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 1,153
CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit
Default Re: Opening line

Clemson gets the 3.5 for being the home team, right?

In all honesty, looking at how we have played in the past few weeks (see: inconsistent) I say Clemson will be favored by at least 7.

I will hope, however, that Spurrier_Superior_One is right in his prediction...
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
CCtiger91
One of a Kind
 
CCtiger91's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Greenville
Posts: 4,469
CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Read this morning -3.5 Clemson. Personally I'd rather Clemson be the underdog.
__________________
"Better to be pissed off than pissed on."
CCtiger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
jared
Two Deep
 
jared's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: newberry
Posts: 1,223
CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Re: Opening line

WHO CARES???!!!
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik
 
CoverTwo's Avatar
 
Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 34,580
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
WHO CARES???!!!
Vegas is pretty good at these things.
__________________
Follow @CTProvingGround on Twitter!

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
WHO CARES???!!!
Actually, a lot of people because Vegas knows what they are talking about when you look at an overall picture. For example, did you know that when a team is favored by 14 points, they have a 90% chance of winning that game. I would say that is significant. Do 14 point underdogs sometimes win? Yes, but only 10% of the time.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Next Year
Synthetica
 
Next Year's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gamecock Nation
Posts: 2,468
CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
WHO CARES???!!!

(me)
__________________
Hang in there!
Next Year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
robgusc76
1st Team All-American
 
robgusc76's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 13,169
CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Opening line

South Carolina will be the dogs.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Gyle41386
Explosivo
 
Gyle41386's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 5,430
CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386
Default Re: Opening line

I'd guess Clemson -4
__________________
Gyle41386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could
 
davidmc467's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: -
Posts: 4,202
CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
WHO CARES???!!!
*raises hand*
__________________
davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year
 
75CarolinaFan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,504
CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Vegas is pretty good at these things.
Not in this rivalry the last 3 years.
__________________

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC
 
uscgamecocks88's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,065
CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
WHO CARES???!!!
Me and most of the South Carolina fans here. Hell, most of the state.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
ChucktwnLawCock
Blue Chip
 
ChucktwnLawCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 725
CockyCash: 300
ChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his combChucktwnLawCock is developing his comb
Default Re: Opening line

Before this weekend's games, my sportsbook had the "early" Carolina/Clemson line at "pick em."
__________________
University of South Carolina
Class of 2006

ChucktwnLawCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
demoncock
Walk On
 
demoncock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 88
CockyCash: 500
demoncock has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Opening line

I don't know how to paste it, but Jerry Palm (CBS numbers guru) is predicting us to beat Clemson

Here is the link to his twitter posts. It was at 2:09 pm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jppalmCBS/tweets
demoncock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
Schecter
Banned
 
Schecter's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: around
Posts: 2,483
CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opening line

Clemson -8
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep
 
lake-cityCOCK89's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lake City, SC
Posts: 1,169
CockyCash: 500
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Opening line

clemson -3 for home field.

we'll score a late TD to win 31-28
__________________

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name
 
Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 5,477
CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Opening line

USC -1.5
__________________
Cockhornleghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
scargamecocks87
4-Star
 
scargamecocks87's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Charleston
Posts: 485
CockyCash: 200
scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Opening line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Actually, a lot of people because Vegas knows what they are talking about when you look at an overall picture. For example, did you know that when a team is favored by 14 points, they have a 90% chance of winning that game. I would say that is significant. Do 14 point underdogs sometimes win? Yes, but only 10% of the time.
In the last few weeks many top three teams have been favored by 17+ some at home and still lost. Just saying
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development