CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
donbgamecock
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
OBC banner being add (2247)
The bane of our seas (1825)
Ward wants us to pla (1479)
Who scores the first (1395)
Davis Playing in A&a (1172)
SL,UT Gamecocks (826)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (787)
CFB Playoff Bracket (647)
All garnet for Thurs (560)
I'm not buying the h (550)
OBC banner being added to
Mcevoy
SL,UT Gamecocks
Connor Shaw Browns
First "Carolina Call
I'm not buying the hype,
SCHSL & SCISA High Sc
Davis Playing in A&M
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,

Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous
Default Did Devin Taylor make a mistake by not leaving early?

With all of the hype surrounding Clowney this year, and with a less than stellar senior campaign, I wonder if Devin cost himself some money by staying around this season?
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb
Default Re: Did Devin Taylor make a mistake by not leaving early?

I believe one of the announcers calling the game on ESPN3 said he could be the top DE taken in the draft.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb

I believe he did. I don't see how his stock has improved after the mediocre season he's had.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Latt4Gov
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
I believe one of the announcers calling the game on ESPN3 said he could be the top DE taken in the draft.
As much as I wish the best for Devin, there is no way he gets drafted above Mingo or Montgomery from LSU.....But, then again, i've seen crazier things this year. Going into yesterday no one thought that the SEC would have another shot at the NC but, look what happened.
Latt4Gov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

He could be a top 3 DE taken, IF he 'combines' well. I'm pretty sure he will look the part. I don't think his draft position would have been any higher last year. His strength has likely improved a bit since last season too.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

He works his ass off and plays hard every down. I am surprised all the attention paid to Clowney has not benefited Taylor statwise
Old 11-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

devin has been a major contributor to one of the top pass rushes AND rush defense in the SEC/country the past 3 years... people know about him that need to know
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

I don't think it hurt him in any way to stay. He'll still go high or mid first round, I'd say behind Montgomery and Mingo.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I think he has been held almost as much as Clowney this year.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

On paper, his season last year was no better. Also, not a chance he is the first defensive end taken barring absolutely freakish Combine numbers (i.e. Mario Williams/JPP-esque).
Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

His stock was highest after his RS soph year.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Doesn't have elite first step quickness or explosiveness off the ball. Think he would've dropped in the draft anyway when people start watching him more closely.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

He stayed to gain some weight. He's playing at about 25 lbs heavier than last year. He made the right decision. Nfl teams will look at him as a project because he still needs some more strength. I predict third to fifth round.
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

We'll find out in April. I think he was a 2nd round last year...I think he's 3rd round now. With all the doubling on Clowney, Devin should have had a more productive year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
He could be a top 3 DE taken, IF he 'combines' well. I'm pretty sure he will look the part. I don't think his draft position would have been any higher last year. His strength has likely improved a bit since last season too.
Bingo. I think this is what it will come down to.

Much like S Gilmore, I think several factors will come together culminating at the end of the combine. First, he has the numbers and production in the past despite a statistical drop-off as of lately. Second, skilled scouts and MGMT personnel will comb through game film and see his abilities to stifle the run and disrupt plays. Getting them huge limbs up in a QB's face might not give you a sack or pick but will certainly alter the play.

Last, I think the combine will be good to him. He's strong but they won't be worried about his bench so much. They'll be drooling over his height, frame, wingspaaaaaaaaaaaan, and athleticism. The guy can springboard.

Just like when Gilmore "underperformed" in his last year but blew up the combine, scouts really locked on. I think the same can happen for Devin. They already know he can produce but when the measurements start, they will get giddy.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
His stock was highest after his RS soph year.
He went from preseason 1st team AA after his sophmore year to postseason 3rd team All-SEC.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Yeah, Devin has had a quiet year for us, but he'll blow up at the combine. He's an incredible athlete and looks every bit the part of an NFL-caliber DE. He'll be fine, and I expect he's still on track to go pretty early in the draft.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

If he's struggling in his senior year at South Carolina, how do you think he would perform in the NFL?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

No. He did what he thought was best for him at the time.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
If he's struggling in his senior year at South Carolina, how do you think he would perform in the NFL?
Gilmore struggled and was arguably the 3rd most talented corner but was picked in the top 10? Jeffery didn't have a great statistical senior season but he was picked in the second round and both were starting on their NFL teams? I like his chances.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote