CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
2000grad
kingoftheroost
MountainCock
CockyLifer
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Morris to SMU (4178)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1627)
Clemson fans (1052)
Carolina on a Walmar (992)
Game simulation (748)
End of the aTm / LSU (368)
Have we been favored (328)
Origin Sale Too (226)
Women's Soccer Elite (158)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Morris to SMU
Bailey's life hack for Ol
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Constant Updates on Watso
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Texans getting frustrated
Clemson fans
Black Friday Hard Copy di
End of the aTm / LSU game

Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC4life15 has hatched from the shell
Default I know Clemson's schedule is talked about a lot...but

When looking at Clemson's schedule in anticipation of this week's game...I was in shock. They've beaten:

3-8 Auburn
Furman
Ball State 8-3(Arguably their best win)
5-6 Virginia Tech
2-9 Boston College(gave up 31)
5-6 Wake Forest
6-5 Duke
4-7 Maryland
6-5 NC State
6-5 Georgia Tech

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have NEVER seen a weaker line of wins in my life from a team. Boise State got hell for their schedule, but this makes their schedule look strong. We really don't know what to expect from this team, they did score 37 vs Florida State, but still lost by double digits. I just cannot believe how freaking easy that schedule is...their best win is who, NC State? The same State that got demolished by a winless SEC team? Or is it BALL STATE? Wow.
USC4life15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
vegasmark
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 210
vegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: I know Clemson's schedule is talked about a lot...but

They're thinking Sugar Bowl - ha!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

Unfair isn't it? I'm not trying to be salty, and I give props where they are due so if they beat us Saturday, i'll be the first to congratulate Clemson, but that schedule.....yikes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

They've beaten ONE team with more than 6 wins...

Wow. I don't know what to say. Exhibit A of how easy their schedule is and how much ACC football sucks.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

How many has sc beaten with 6 wins?
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

^3, including #3 Georgia.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Four.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
curious1
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
curious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
How many has sc beaten with 6 wins?

Vandy-7 wins=1; ECU-6 wins=2; Georgia-11 wins=3; and Wofford-8 wins=4.....

So we have won 4 games against 6+ win opponents...3 bowl eligible....1 on the cusp of bowl eligibility and 1 FCS participant...always a firm believer that you only get better by playing QUALITY opponents.....now all the team has to do is go out and play like they are capable of...

JD Clowney says...."I'm PulverizingThat Athlete Yonder!

*last 5 years 155-71=STATE CHAMPS!
curious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

Didn't know if I should include Wofford or not, so you are correct then, 4.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Nobody wants to admit it, but clemson is still a very good team. No, they won't score 60 like they do against ACC teams, but don't be surprised if they put 30 on the board. I don't think our offense can score more than 30.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Nobody wants to admit it, but clemson is still a very good team. No, they won't score 60 like they do against ACC teams, but don't be surprised if they put 30 on the board. I don't think our offense can score more than 30.
I think Clemson is a good team and I agree that they will put points on the board, but I am not following you on SC not being able score more than 30.

We scored 38 and 38 in our last two games against teams that were similar to Clemson and those games were only two weeks ago.

You have to also take into account that Clemson actually "helps" teams score more points by how quickly they run their offense. Clemson is either going to score, punt, or turn it over very quickly. That leads to more scoring opportunities for the other team.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #12
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
I don't think our offense can score more than 30.
We average 31.8 total points a game. The Clemson defense sucks.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
JGCarolina
Scrummer

Male

JGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetemGamecocks View Post
We average 31.8 total points a game. The Clemson defense sucks.
Thank you, was going to post this. Everyone is so pessimistic because of the showing this past weekend...but c'mon. We only showed like 4 formations from my count.
JGCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #14
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC4life15 View Post
When looking at Clemson's schedule in anticipation of this week's game...I was in shock. They've beaten:

3-8 Auburn
Furman
Ball State 8-3(Arguably their best win)
5-6 Virginia Tech
2-9 Boston College(gave up 31)
5-6 Wake Forest
6-5 Duke
4-7 Maryland
6-5 NC State
6-5 Georgia Tech

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have NEVER seen a weaker line of wins in my life from a team. Boise State got hell for their schedule, but this makes their schedule look strong. We really don't know what to expect from this team, they did score 37 vs Florida State, but still lost by double digits. I just cannot believe how freaking easy that schedule is...their best win is who, NC State? The same State that got demolished by a winless SEC team? Or is it BALL STATE? Wow.
This I have never understood, our schedule is a joke but what do y'all want us to do about it. We can't control how weak the rest of our conference is, we outplay them like we are supposed to do. If you want us to play a tougher schedule then get us an SEC invite, because that is the only way we will get a tougher SOS unless the rest of the conference starts stepping it up.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #15
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
This I have never understood, our schedule is a joke but what do y'all want us to do about it. We can't control how weak the rest of our conference is, we outplay them like we are supposed to do. If you want us to play a tougher schedule then get us an SEC invite, because that is the only way we will get a tougher SOS unless the rest of the conference starts stepping it up.
not directly aimed at you but more the whole clemson fan base....stop acting like your O is a gift from God when you havent played anyone
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #16
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
not directly aimed at you but more the whole clemson fan base....stop acting like your O is a gift from God when you havent played anyone
Oh I don't disagree, that is what I am really looking forward to come this Saturday. To see how well our O really is against one of the top D's in College Football right now.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
Oh I don't disagree, that is what I am really looking forward to come this Saturday. To see how well our O really is against one of the top D's in College Football right now.

What makes you think you will have more success against us than last year? I am just curious. I have asked this to several Tigger friends and they haven't answered the question other than to say they are better this year. I need a little more than that.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I think Clemson is a good team and I agree that they will put points on the board, but I am not following you on SC not being able score more than 30.

We scored 38 and 38 in our last two games against teams that were similar to Clemson and those games were only two weeks ago.

You have to also take into account that Clemson actually "helps" teams score more points by how quickly they run their offense. Clemson is either going to score, punt, or turn it over very quickly. That leads to more scoring opportunities for the other team.
No way Clemson scores 30 on us. No way in hell. We beat them by 17-21 points, they score maybe 21
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
No way Clemson scores 30 on us. No way in hell. We beat them by 17-21 points, they score maybe 21
Hope so, but I don't see it.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

We haven't really beat a whole lot of great teams either. Vandy and UGA are quality wins, other than that.... We also haven't played worth a damn on the road all season.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote