CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
usc1
Bobby Boucher
SterlingBrooks
Mr.101
i29gman
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6249)
NBA Wants to Up Age (736)
40 Ways You Know You (361)
South Carolina @ Aub (223)
Super-Efficient Ax (197)
Amazing a List of Us (176)
Holly Trees pruning (138)
Starz Black Sails (75)
BREAD (0)
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
BREAD
Playstation 4
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Name a Gamecock
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
2015 - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Post 2008 Changes things....Forever! (USC/Clem)

A story from SECRant.com could be what really sparked the fire under Spurrier a little over three years ago. Take it for what it's worth.

Dabo soaked with rain and gatorade, shook Spurrier's hand with a smirk on his face, then pulled him in for a back pat hug. Spurrier wasn't having it, and word is that Dabo said something along the lines of "maybe next year coach," or "its an honor to beat you, coach." Spurrier took the rivalry to heart ever since.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2008 Changes things....Forever! (USC/Clem)

I'm buying something happened. I remember Spurrier didn't look too happy. One thing about him is he likes to shake hands fast and leave and doesn't like a post game discussion.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

Any links?

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Sounds stupid. I'm sure he was pissed enough at getting beat by an interim head coach/wide receiver's coach. That was almost funny, I remember saying, "Damn we have Steve freaking Spurrer and they have a wide receivers coach and we still can't beat them."
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
gamecock1119
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
gamecock1119 is learning to peckgamecock1119 is learning to peck

No at that time our records against all our opponents in four years was sorry.
Clem- 1-3
Uga- 1-3
UF- 1-3
UT- 2-2
Ark- 2-2
VANDY- 2-2

the clemson game was just the tipping point. Spurrier knew we had to change or he'd be just as mediocre as everyone else
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
#TeamCocks
Class of 2014

Male

CockyCash: 111473748
#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly

My thoughts are it was just the natural progression of things. Us being in the SEC, playing quality opponents week in and week out was difficult at first. However, that began to shape us into a more powerful program along with drawing in better recruits and building depth. They were able to beat us because after getting rocked by SEC caliber teams over and over, you lose players and the ones you have available aren't in perfect health. Meanwhile they cakewalk through their season and the only game that matters (USC) they are as fresh as opening week. After we finally began to build quality depth the outcome has been obvious the last three years. Complete domination in all 4 quarters. The more we build the more I expect us the separate ourselves from that sorry ACC school. Here's to three more years!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

It was SECRant message board. Don't know if we can provide a link but I wrote word for word what was supposedly said. Not saying it's 100% true but giving of how much of a low life Dabo is, I wouldn't doubt something was said.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

I thought it was because of how poor some of our guys played trying not to get hurt, looking ahead to the NFL.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I could easily see Dabo saying that. Again, no class.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I've heard that a few times before actually. Back in 08 dabo told SOS it was nice beating you. I'll give dabo the benefit of the doubt he was just a young kid
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Well, we are 29-9 since that game...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I find it funny Dabo talks crap about Spurrier and our program when as a coach, he has beaten us 1 time. And technically, he was the interim.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #13
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talonsscz71864 has developed his gaff and talons

the only thing keeping me some what optimistic about this game is Spurrier. I dont think Dabo can beat him. Not now anyway. I dont think SOS knew how much bad blood there was in this rivalry. He wont ever say it but i do think he puts a little extra in the week before this game now.

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote