CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Regalcock
ConwayGamecock
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
GregoryHouse
FlorenceCock
crowcutta
For Discussing The C (4746)
Question about after (3687)
Drew Owens missing? (2982)
Shaq Roland (2390)
Dylan Thompson surpa (2013)
clemson game time: N (1635)
The Defense (1046)
FishFry 47-yarder (964)
Mason Rudolph starti (660)
Women's soccer Sweet (600)
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
For Discussing The Clemso
**USC Women vs. San Diego
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
Charlotte Hornet Basketba
clemson game time: Noon o
Question about after the
Clowney Sack Today +/- 1.
S%^t My Twitter Says...
injury report?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Connor Playing Injured (Spurrier comments)

Connor not being 100% is no big secret. However, Spurrier made an interesting comment in the presser today about the game this past weekend.

Spurrier said they thought Connor was looking a bit injured and asked him about it and he said he was okay. Later in the game, Spurrier said it looked worse and Connor came to him and said he was hurting pretty bad...and Spurrier then said he was going to send Dylan in.

*I remember this happening because you could see Spurrier patting Dylan in to the game as the 3rd quarter ended and we were trying to separate. Connor stepped over to the bench. However, Connor ended up being under center at the start of the 4th; no Dylan.

Spurrier commented that "Connor didn't want to come out and said he would be okay."

How do you take that? Connor being a warrior and fighting with his team in a tight game...OR a bit selfish and putting the team at risk accompanied with afraid of what a good performance from Dylan would do to his status?

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Ownage McGee
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ownage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his combOwnage McGee is developing his comb
Default Re: Connor Playing Injured (Spurrier comments)

I take that as SOS needs to be the coach and make the right call regardless of what Shaw thinks.

Yes Shaw is a warrior but he didn't do us any favors by aggravating an injury against Wofford. Why the hell is SOS asking his players to make the calls. My 2 year old wants ice cream for breakfast pretty often, but guess what, I'm the parent and I have to be the bad guy sometimes. Spurrier gets paid the big bucks to make decisions that are best for the team.
Ownage McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Probably a little of both. Hard for really good players not to want the ball or the game in their hands. My opinion is that Shaw should have rested that game like Clowney. 2 critical guys with a much bigger game ahead. No reason why one of the other QBs couldn't hand off to Miles or Davis.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I still think Shaw is trying to live up and surpass Garcia's warrior mentality.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Shaw showed me all about his toughness when he came back into the game vs Vandy...

I dont think he was being selfish...
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

We've got to stop treating Dylan like he's chopped liver and we're afraid to put him in the game. I have every confidence he can compete at a high level whenever we need him.

Connor needs to heal.

I don't get why coach was acting so surprised that Connor was really hurting. I saw him hobble right past coach and a blind man could have seen that he was in pain. There were also multiple instances where we saw him "hop" right after reaggravating it for the umpteenth time.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
UofSC803
Walk On

Male

UofSC803 is learning to peckUofSC803 is learning to peck

Completely selfish.
UofSC803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Connor is a warrior.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Both! The End.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

In high school, I played in our final varsity soccer game of my senior year. Winning would leave us tied for the bi-district championship.

I tore my meniscus and managed to stay on the pitch for the final 30 minutes. Coach didn't know I was washed up (I guess I hid it from him) but I was damn near useless to my team.

It was the competitor in me that kept me out there. If there is anything in this world I hate, it's riding the pine.

Anyway, in hindsight I was selfish because my backup could have filled in admirably and would have loved the opportunity to play a major role in helping us win the championship.

My coach should have been paying enough attention to pull me out.

HBC should have pulled Connor much earlier.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
We've got to stop treating Dylan like he's chopped liver and we're afraid to put him in the game. I have every confidence he can compete at a high level whenever we need him.

Connor needs to heal.

I don't get why coach was acting so surprised that Connor was really hurting. I saw him hobble right past coach and a blind man could have seen that he was in pain. There were also multiple instances where we saw him "hop" right after reaggravating it for the umpteenth time.
I agree with this completely.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

In fact...........I think it was insane to not play Thompson more this past week.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
ted hamlin
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
ted hamlin has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post

Connor needs to heal.

THIS !!! Not going to question HBC.... but if we lose to
Clemson it will be because DT didn't start and finish the game against Wofford. Not questioning Shaw's heart, guts, and skill when healthy... but we've got an Excellent #2 QB ( that Can THROW THE DAM BALL ..quickly.. with accuracy... )that is Now rusty for lack of meaningful playing time for the last 3 to 4 wks... while our offense has become a putrid read option nothing. The Skill players WE Have...When USED PROPERLY...should make us a 3TD favorite against these guys. And We Should Be Undefeated. There I said it. Come on Coach...Open the Playbook... USE OUR WEAPONS..GOOO COCKS!!! Beat Clemson!!! PS... I didn't go into SPECs on who the weapons are.. Cause Everyone of you Ought to know who they are...and that we should be running 2 back Power I sets with WRs and TEs mixing up the splits...with a QB That can see the field and THROW The DAM BALL !!! GOOO COCKS!!!
ted hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

So does Clemson prepare for Connor and Dylan? I would.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

We are going to find out really early whether or not Connor 'has it' as far as being able to play his game. If he shows any signs of the injury effecting his play, I imagine Coach Spurrier will pull him out.

It would be extremely unfair to Dylan if they put him in down multiple TDs and ask him to lead us back.

So basically if there is going to be a change, it'll be very early in the game to give Dylan a puncher's chance.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
We are going to find out really early whether or not Connor 'has it' as far as being able to play his game. If he shows any signs of the injury effecting his play, I imagine Coach Spurrier will pull him out.

It would be extremely unfair to Dylan if they put him in down multiple TDs and ask him to lead us back.

So basically if there is going to be a change, it'll be very early in the game to give Dylan a puncher's chance.
I can live with this.............
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

Do people not realize that we were tied at the start of the 4th quarter?
#1TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
cockycock10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1110
cockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his clawscockycock10 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Connor not being 100% is no big secret. However, Spurrier made an interesting comment in the presser today about the game this past weekend.

Spurrier said they thought Connor was looking a bit injured and asked him about it and he said he was okay. Later in the game, Spurrier said it looked worse and Connor came to him and said he was hurting pretty bad...and Spurrier then said he was going to send Dylan in.

*I remember this happening because you could see Spurrier patting Dylan in to the game as the 3rd quarter ended and we were trying to separate. Connor stepped over to the bench. However, Connor ended up being under center at the start of the 4th; no Dylan.

Spurrier commented that "Connor didn't want to come out and said he would be okay."

How do you take that? Connor being a warrior and fighting with his team in a tight game...OR a bit selfish and putting the team at risk accompanied with afraid of what a good performance from Dylan would do to his status?
Neither. I take it as him playing through the pain bc he doesnt want to be seen as weak. I dont think he was trying to play hero or concerned about Dylan's performance.
cockycock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1TheBeast View Post
Do people not realize that we were tied at the start of the 4th quarter?
I said "at the beginning of the 4th when we were trying to separate."

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

Haven't really looked at the stats from last sat, but weren't they similar to:

4 sacks
1 fumble
16-20 1TD 1INT (around 120 yrd)

Depends on how you interpret those numbers is how you feel about Shaw and/or Spurrier not making a wise decision and letting DT play (at least some the second half).
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote