CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
sporkgod50
2000grad
usc1
ReadR00ster
Thenardier
rosstheboss
Cock Kool-Aid
Order 66
Kelcy and Vic questi (3605)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
I like how Frank sou (843)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (638)
Hillsborough (394)
2015 - Chris Clark (386)
Sweet Corn!!! (271)
GTA V online (174)
Bamberg High School (157)
Its April 15th and i (140)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Larenz Bryant update?
A'ja Wilson
Hillsborough
Ahh...The Masters
2015 Commitment - Shameik
No.1 for 2016 has Gamecoc
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
Aggie Spring Depth Chart

Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
gcockwilliam
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gcockwilliam has hatched from the shell
Default I must say despite this big game I'm not happy

Its bothering me how Florida can just leap frog back so quickly without really much effort while we have to wait. I'm tired of it, we are better than them. And regardless what happens tomorrow night, UF will already spoil the mood for me. Florida ia the SEC team I hate the most. After all I live here in FL and you just have to watch the sportscasters here to know how cocky and arrogant these people are. I also am fb friends with a few gators fans and one I play ff with and he annoys me with his believing they can win over Bama. I pray that Notre Dame beats USC tomorrow night because that is our only hope. Its a kick in the teeth to see a team you thought you surpassed be back in the hunt.
gcockwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: I must say despite this big game I'm not happy

15 hours away from a showdown with Clemson, Florida is the last thing in worried about.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
USCGrad2003
4-Star

Male

USCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming in

We shouldve handled our business against UF. Now, we need to handle our business against clemsux. Go COCKS!
USCGrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Florida has the benefit of them taking margin of victory out of the computers. They have struggled the past three weeks.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

They are the most unbalanced top 10 team, that's for sure.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

They turned it around quickly by recruiting for the right positions and adding some quality depth.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

We should have killed fl.turnover,turnover,turnover,can't do that and win.
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
deerless
Recruit

Male

deerless has earned his spursdeerless has earned his spursdeerless has earned his spursdeerless has earned his spursdeerless has earned his spursdeerless has earned his spurs

Been the most bizzare rating season in many years. Hard to rank teams that have not been highly ranked in 10 years or so. Makes SEC look weak in a sense.
deerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
WetAngryCock
Walk On

Male

WetAngryCock has hatched from the shell

Florida resident here too... I know that feels.

I'm at work right now and all the people want to talk about is the UF game and how they should be ranked #1 and are gonna win National Championship blah blah blah.

But For the past 2 years, I haven't heard a peep from them. Biggest bandwagon fans in the NCAA.

But I digress... GO COCKS!!!!!!
WetAngryCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, they beat LSU and we crapped the bed against them so...

No point in worrying about them now.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
gcockwilliam
4-Star

Male

gcockwilliam has hatched from the shell

Even if the games were in two different places? I find it interesting that since Spurrier came to SC only Tim Tebow has won there with UF and at LSU. Next year UF goes to both them and their defense isnt bailing their qb out in our stadium or theirs.
gcockwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Hopefully no one else even semi-related to the actual football program shares your obsession with us getting our asses kicked over a month ago by what is a very good Florida squad and is fully invested in beating our highly ranked rivals this Saturday.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Florida resident here as well...and I haven't had many of them talking crap about our game. We didn't get our asses kicked on the field...the scoreboard showed a totally different story. Unfortunately, the score is the only thing that matters to those who didn't watch.

We gave a 21 point head start to a team that won't make a ton of mistakes even though they leave a lot to be desired on both sides of the ball. We could never create a spark on offense.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

No ColaCock, we got our ass kicked. No way you can sugar coat how we played in FLA.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Florida resident here as well...and I haven't had many of them talking crap about our game. We didn't get our asses kicked on the field...the scoreboard showed a totally different story. Unfortunately, the score is the only thing that matters to those who didn't watch.

We gave a 21 point head start to a team that won't make a ton of mistakes even though they leave a lot to be desired on both sides of the ball. We could never create a spark on offense.
And then they outscored us 23 to 11 from that point forward for a 44-11 final. No offense but getting ones ass kicked involves turning the ball over and getting down by 21 because of it.

They quite simply deserve to be ranked ahead of us. It's how the whole thing works.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Not saying the didn't deserve the win or the ranking, but I can't accept that loss as an ass kicking. Turnovers are part of the game but I can step away and analyze the talent and ability of each team combined with the offensive and defensive perfomances that day and it wasn't a bad loss at all.

They had more points than total yards at one point. That isn't an ass kicking from UF, that is kicking your own ass.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #17
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

I'd love to hear your take on qb play in the game.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

It was horrible. Our offense never gave us a chance which is why I think our defense slowly wore down and gave up a couple touchdowns after the 21-0 start.

I never said we deserved to win. I said we didn't get our ass kicked and the score doesn't always tell the whole story, but only the score matters.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

if you thought we had permanently leap frogged UF because of the last two years you were sadly mistaken, if not worse.

my only hope was we would reach a level where we could legitimately compete against UF at their best
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

we blew out georgia, florida blew us out, georgia beat florida in a close slopfest. its hard to say whos the best out of the 3. we're all in the same class, but if you dont play sound football good teams can make you look bad even if youre a good team too.

id be happier if florida sucked, but them having success and being improved isnt the biggest reason we're not in the seccg. rather i think its our own poor 5 quarters of play starting in that lsu game. you play that kind of football you can lose against anyone let alone a top 10 team.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote