CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
usc90grad
cockybreeyan
spareparts
803scdantes
18IsTheMan
Yearofthegamecock
markp_vip
Cockypantherfan
A&M vent thread (20757)
SOS is pissed (10365)
Jimmies and Joes (3801)
So, Dylan Thompson? (3767)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (2496)
Is anybody still opt (2337)
Confused fan here. (2289)
I'm not looking forw (2253)
Here's a terrifying (1989)
Heck of an atmosphere
Talking Season 2014
More NCAA Stupidity: Vand
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Is anybody still optimist
How do you guys cook your
Predict the Season (After
So, Dylan Thompson?
Could Mike Davis Be Back
A&M vent thread

Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit
Default Tom O'Brien Fired by NC State

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...football-coach

Kind of surprising to see them fire him. I thought he was doing a decent job. Maybe the fire was made with an eye towards NCST joining the SEC?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tom O'Brien Fired by NC State

Wow.... Did not see that coming...
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

The fan base in Raleigh did not like him and word is he didn't get along with the new AD. Not sure who they will get that's any better, but they are a delusioinal bunch in Raleigh

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I'm shocked, too. Thought he was safe for at least another year.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

And so it starts......
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

That came out of nowhere.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

They're even going to a bowl game. Silly bunch.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

4-4 in the ACC is not acceptable with that team they put on the field this year
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Wouldn't be surprised of you hear James Franklin's name being thrown around

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

this one caught me by surprise as well

and James franklin has no reason to leave the SEC for the EZZ.. he is one of about 7-8 coaches that are safe at their school in the SEC for a whle

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan111 View Post
this one caught me by surprise as well

and James franklin has no reason to leave the SEC for the EZZ.. he is one of about 7-8 coaches that are safe at their school in the SEC for a whle
If Franklin gets a better job offer he will jump at it.
Don't believe the "Vandy will always be my place" talk.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

Most delusional fanbase I have ever been around.
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

stupid stupid stupid

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Most delusional fanbase I have ever been around.
Really?

#LukeForMod

Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Yeah this was a dumb move.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
If Franklin gets a better job offer he will jump at it.
Don't believe the "Vandy will always be my place" talk.
Is NCST really a better gig than Vandy?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

She's going to come after Franklin hard. He needed to go, the recruiting was horrible and they were way too inconsistent. This is the same AD that hired the fridge and had franklin all lined up to take over after him. We'll see if it is a better job. Helluvalot easier job to win 10 games. Will they spend the $$$? We'll see.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

TOB didn't recruit, many state fans wanted him out.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

If they have their pay for play infrastructure in place they might try to hire Chizik and have a couple of good years.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Dang this is going to be quite the off season with the NCAA football coaching carousel!