CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
Cockhornleghorn
2000grad
ZenUSC
Captain9Dragons
JaxcockFL
We Have to Pass (1913)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1403)
Spurrier weekly pres (1329)
This would be awesom (883)
How is Shaq Davidson (717)
McConaughey cast as (438)
Perspective on our g (427)
Defense and offense (314)
Black Friday Hard Co (260)
SEC referees? (255)
SEC referees?
We Have to Pass
Currently 2nd in attendan
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Why has there been 40 yea
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 Commitment - Marquav

Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material
Default Cocks in Greenville - Listen to Walt Deptula? S-E-C!!

I was driving from Charlotte to Atlanta the day before Thanksgiving and around 4PM I caught 104.9 FM in Greenville while stuck in some bad traffic.

I listen to The Drive in Charlotte at that time, so I am not familiar with this host on 104.9. But I researched a bit and I believe it was the Walt Deptula show? If anyone can confirm this it would be great, pts.

Anyway I sat in shock as he went on this big tirade about how Maryland had no business leaving the ACC as it did not make sense geographically. Funny I thought the ACC started this conference reorganization mess by going after Boston College amongst others. "Play with fire and you might get burnt."

But he went on to say that today (Monday's show) was going to be a very interesting radio show as he thought there was a very good chance that the ACC would SWEEP the SEC this weekend and go 4-0. I could not believe he actually thought that would happen! He said the SEC was overrated and it would be shown this weekend.

I hope I can listen online, someone will call him out on this, etc. If in fact it was Walt Deptula and not some sub due to the holiday. Anyone else hear this nonsense? LOL. FWIW I loved the multiple "S-E-C" chants at the end of the game!! Priceless.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cocks in Greenville - Listen to Walt Deptula? S-E-C!!

It is certainly Deptula, he said the ACC would expose the SEC as a fraud yesterday. He has been going on about that all month. They gave him a pay raise and a show extension so he has to toe the company line a little more these days, I think also someone may have been spiking his drinks with orange koolaid. Ill give you a quick synopsis of his show on monday

Talk about NFL
Talk about BGR the burger joint
Talk about the top 5 point guards in NBA history
Take one caller
Talk about how Georgia Tech will beat FSU
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
gamecock4life709
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200800
gamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
It is certainly Deptula, he said the ACC would expose the SEC as a fraud yesterday. He has been going on about that all month. They gave him a pay raise and a show extension so he has to toe the line a little more these day, I think he has had some drinks spiked with orange koolaid as well. Ill give you a quick synopsis of his show on monday

Talk about NFL
Take one caller
You greatly understated how much he is going to talk about BGR The Burger Joint.
gamecock4life709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It is certainly Deptula, he said the ACC would expose the SEC as a fraud yesterday. He has been going on about that all month. They gave him a pay raise and a show extension so he has to toe the line a little more these day, I think he has had some drinks spiked with orange koolaid as well. Ill give you a quick synopsis of his show on monday

Talk about NFL
Take one caller

OK so that was him and he will totally avoid the subject on how bad/off his prediction was? Is that the kind of home-cooked radio he provides regularly?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Probably him, at least it sounds like the crap he talks. Right after Connor Mitch said he was coming to USC, Deptula went on and on about him being over rated, system qb with an average arm. He's a clemmons homer and feeds the locals this kind of garbage every day.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
btwint
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
btwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
OK so that was him and he will totally avoid the subject on how bad/off his prediction was? Is that the kind of home-cooked radio he provides regularly?
Ive tweeted Walt plenty this weekend. He actually bet a UGA fan that the SEC would not sweep the ACC. The caller didnt want to bet but Walt, being Walt he says he would give him 5 to 1 odds and bet him 10 BGR Burgers that the SEC wouldnt sweep the ACC. So he owes "peoples champ" 50 BGR's. Ive never been to BGR cause its in taterville but I assume they cost something like $8 each. Thats $400 buck Mr. Deptula is out.

Since you dont listen all the time, He said at the begining of the year the ACC is going to have a great year and will be on the up. To this day he will not admit he was wrong. You have to find a way to tune it b/c its gonna be good!
btwint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

i honestly think Walt knows that what he says is bs but he needs to eat too.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #8
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Is he the overweight guy?
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #9
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwint View Post
Ive tweeted Walt plenty this weekend. He actually bet a UGA fan that the SEC would not sweep the ACC. The caller didnt want to bet but Walt, being Walt he says he would give him 5 to 1 odds and bet him 10 BGR Burgers that the SEC wouldnt sweep the ACC. So he owes "peoples champ" 50 BGR's. Ive never been to BGR cause its in taterville but I assume they cost something like $8 each. Thats $400 buck Mr. Deptula is out.

Since you dont listen all the time, He said at the begining of the year the ACC is going to have a great year and will be on the up. To this day he will not admit he was wrong. You have to find a way to tune it b/c its gonna be good!
Haha, pts sent. Definitely must have been him I was listening to. What a moron. Going to try and find a way to listen tomorrow, hoping someway he admits he's an idiot.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
onebluesi
Walk On

Male

onebluesi has hatched from the shell

Quote:
It is certainly Deptula, he said the ACC would expose the SEC as a fraud yesterday. He has been going on about that all month. They gave him a pay raise and a show extension so he has to toe the company line a little more these days, I think also someone may have been spiking his drinks with orange koolaid. Ill give you a quick synopsis of his show on monday

Talk about NFL
Take one caller
We will hear more about Twin Peaks and BGR the burger joint than we will about the debacle that is Clemson Football
onebluesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Funny side note - as I was sitting in the same aforementioned traffic jam of over an hour between Spartanburg and Greenville I looked at my phone and Google Maps to find an alternate route. Took some side streets and happened to look up and see Rendezvous on my right, I know some poster on here owns that place and several have raved about hanging out there.

Just as advertised, flying the Gamecock flag outside. Listening to Walt at the same time made me really want to stop and have a beer but I had family to try and get to. Just one of those funny CockyTalk "Oh I've seen that before" moments.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Probably him, at least it sounds like the crap he talks. Right after Connor Mitch said he was coming to USC, Deptula went on and on about him being over rated, system qb with an average arm. He's a clemmons homer and feeds the locals this kind of garbage every day.
The Deptula show is one of the biggest reasons the Clempson fanbase was so extraordinarily over-confident. He continually bashes anything SEC. He boycotted the NC game last year in protest of an all SEC final. He probably would have melted down if UF v UA actually took place.

That said, he is becoming irrelevant by the scope of his erroneous prognostications. He used to run some kind of betting line service on the show, but that has died out since he was paid by the station to be all ACC all the time.

His primary focus is anti- SEC. He belittles and insults any SEC fans who calls into his show and calls the fans of SEC schools stupid. He also hates the Georgia Bulldogs. There are some UGA fans in the Upstate that call into his show. I suspect some of those dudes will call in as well as the Carolina fan. The Clemp people are not going to have much to say on the radio on Monday except maybe calls asking for DABO to be fired.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
The Deptula show is one of the biggest reasons the Clempson fanbase was so extraordinarily over-confident. He continually bashes anything SEC. He boycotted the NC game last year in protest of an all SEC final. He probably would have melted down if UF v UA actually took place.

That said, he is becoming irrelevant by the scope of his erroneous prognostications. He used to run some kind of betting line service on the show, but that has died out since he was paid by the station to be all ACC all the time.

His primary focus is anti- SEC. He belittles and insults any SEC fans who calls into his show and calls the fans of SEC schools stupid. He also hates the Georgia Bulldogs. There are some UGA fans in the Upstate that call into his show. I suspect some of those dudes will call in as well as the Carolina fan. The Clemp people are not going to have much to say on the radio on Monday except maybe calls asking for DABO to be fired.
The clemson folks who are regular callers (to the station, not to Deptula's show) will have plenty to say. Some will own up to the fact that South Carolina was sttaight up better than Clemson on Saturday night, but most will probably take the Dalton Freeman view on the game.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

HAHA listening online right now and to his credit he starts the show right off the bat admitting how bad his predictions were. Said the worst predictions he ever made!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

You had to be just about the dumbest SOB alive to think GT and Wake had a shot in hell. I could see buying FSU and Clemson at home in squeakers but GT and Wake? Sheesh man have you watched a game this season?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quotes from Deptula in last ten minutes:

"The SEC owns the ACC."
"South Carolina owns Clemson."
"The SEC owns me." (my personal favorite)
"The SEC still sucks, they just suck less than the ACC."
"The only way the ACC will ever catch the SEC is to lower their academic standards."
"Clowney was handled by one man most of the game, just not on those key sack plays."
"Clemson's defense letting South Carolina stay on the field so much was the only reason the Clemson offense could not keep up, it was due to lack of 'at bats.' But defense could not get South Carolina off the field. That's the whole key to the game."
"Let's be honest, you can't have Dylan Thompson looking like Johnnie football."

He is still an ass no matter what. But good to hear him eat his crow.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #17
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Some guy is ripping him a new one about the sec and the gamecocks.Wish i could rewind it.the guy let him have it so he went to a break.
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

The 6 mos I lived up there I listed to him a few times it was after the 07 season I see his shtick hasn't changed.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Have not heard a single clemson fan call in.I wonder why?
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

How stupid!!! Clowney was handled on all plays...except his 4.5 sacks.

That's a Tammy Bowden if I've ever heard one. LOL!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote