CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
ktguen
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
Joeckel Transfering (166)
A'ja Wilson
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Larenz Bryant update?
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
ccg-atlcock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
ccg-atlcock has hatched from the shell
Default Ace Sanders, Special Teams

Long time lurker, first time poster and felt the need to make this post.

ESPN has stats back to 2004 and this is the first time from 2004-2012 that we were in the top 10, let alone the top 50, for punt returns.

Crazy props to Ace and the special teams.

ccg-atlcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace Sanders, Special Teams

I believe I heard that Ace is in the top 3-5 in punt return average. I'm not sure if that's true, but he HAS to be in consideration for best punt returner in the nation (although I don't think it's broken down to just punts)

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

He could play NFL punt return.
Carolina4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg-atlcock View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster and felt the need to make this post.

ESPN has stats back to 2004 and this is the first time from 2004-2012 that we were in the top 10, let alone the top 50, for punt returns.

Crazy props to Ace and the special teams.

Great first post!
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Pretty explosive
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

joe robinson is king.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Yeah, I have to say I never thought I'd see the day when we actually had a threat at KR/PR. Ace has given me some of my favorite Gamecock highlights ever with his returns this year.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

That return against Missouri is the best that I've ever seen that didn't score. I mean that step back move was just ridiculous. I hope he can break a few more while he's here
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

wow that is amazing considering the recent state our specials teams had been in.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

He changes the way other teams kick to us, that's for sure.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

He sparks the offense and special teams, DJ sparks the Defense. I think that has been the difference this year. They came up with those types of plays when they were needed the most
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
He changes the way other teams kick to us, that's for sure.
Yeah after his first return Saturday night they really started kicking away from him. I can't remember the last time we had a guy that teams were worried about pinning to the sidelines or just kicking out of bounds to keep him from making the catch.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I believe I heard that Ace is in the top 3-5 in punt return average. I'm not sure if that's true, but he HAS to be in consideration for best punt returner in the nation (although I don't think it's broken down to just punts)
Actually it is:

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2012/Intern...0000911PD.HTML

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Puntret Yds TDs AvgRet Gm Natl Rank
1 Ace Sanders, USC WR JR 12 25 363 1 14.52 2.08 5
2 Marcus Murphy, Missouri RB SO 12 27 374 3 13.85 2.25 9
3 Dustin Harris, Texas A&M DB SR 12 33 434 1 13.15 2.75 11
4 Jonathan Krause, Vanderbilt WR JR 12 25 281 2 11.24 2.08 24
5 Christion Jones, Alabama WR SO 12 19 204 0 10.74 1.58 27
6 Devrin Young, Tennessee RB SO 10 16 155 0 9.69 1.60 31
7 Odell Beckham, Jr., LSU WR SO 12 31 300 2 9.68 2.58 32
8 Quan Bray, Auburn WR SO 11 16 136 0 8.50 1.45 40
9 Demarco Robinson, Kentucky WR SO 12 18 117 0 6.50 1.50 52
10 Nate Holmes, Arkansas RB FR 9 11 70 0 6.36 1.22 53
11 Korvic Neat, Ole Miss WR JR 9 13 60 0 4.62 1.44 63

Ace leads the conference in punt return average, and is 5th in the nation...
Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #14
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
He sparks the offense and special teams, DJ sparks the Defense. I think that has been the difference this year. They came up with those types of plays when they were needed the most
I completely agree that DJ sparks the defense, On offense though the spark was Marcus Lattimore and once he was hurt he was still the spark b/c the whole team wanted to win out if for no other reason but for Marcus. With Marcus declaring for the draft, we have to find a new spark on offense.Ace is a Junior, quite possibly it will be him.But I'm not so sure that it wont be Mike Davis or Bruce Ellington next year. On defense, we have to find a new spark too, as DJ is a senior. That shouldnt be a problem with all the defensive leaders we have. I would think that it would either be Victor Hampton next year or Jadaveon.
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #15
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgamecocks1984 View Post
I completely agree that DJ sparks the defense, On offense though the spark was Marcus Lattimore and once he was hurt he was still the spark b/c the whole team wanted to win out if for no other reason but for Marcus. With Marcus declaring for the draft, we have to find a new spark on offense.Ace is a Junior, quite possibly it will be him.But I'm not so sure that it wont be Mike Davis or Bruce Ellington next year. On defense, we have to find a new spark too, as DJ is a senior. That shouldnt be a problem with all the defensive leaders we have. I would think that it would either be Victor Hampton next year or Jadaveon.

marcus has not declared for the draft. there is another thread for this but
regardless of what i think he should do, he did say that he would be back as a gamecock and put tremendous stock in what he says. hes not that kind of guy to say one thing and do another.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #16
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Either way it's great to get all this practice time for a bowl.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
roosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his combroosterdave is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Yeah after his first return Saturday night they really started kicking away from him. I can't remember the last time we had a guy that teams were worried about pinning to the sidelines or just kicking out of bounds to keep him from making the catch.
He affects the game in a way we've never really seen before. This is what good teams are made of.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

cocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurs

ok so will ace be back next year? im confused because i could have sworn that he was a senior since he played in 2009 as a freshman. someone help me out
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

I guess we all noticed that clemson did their best not to let him return. they punted out of bounds all night it seemed.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #20
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Ace has the most amazing ability to stop on a dime and then pound the accelerator. He also can run laterally (making a 90-degree slide) like a Pac Man. A guy that can do those two things is pretty special. There are a LOT of NFL return guys that can't do either of those.

If we continue to improve our downfield blocking, Ace may take it to the house multiple times next year... He's THAT good.

We just need to make sure opposing teams don't have a guy right in his face when he catches it.

On another note -- Ace will become the ultimate tightrope walker next year, catching multiple balls on the sideline and streaking down the field, just barely staying in bounds.