CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
So Disappointed With (2383)
Rank the QBs under S (1636)
Back like cooked cra (1222)
Tennessee game (777)
Who start on the d l (687)
No Comments on the H (572)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (212)
Gameday parking in A (149)
No Comments on the Holes?
Tennessee game
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Texas athletic director:

Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Thank you David Beckam

For putting MLS on the map. No other athlete on the planet would have done what you did bro, mucho respect!!!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ls-cup-matchup

OK. Is everyone ready? MLS Cup 2012. Saturday, December 1, at 4:30pm ET, on ESPN, Telefutura, TSN, and RDS, with a live chat on MLSsoccer.com. The LA Galaxy vs. the Houston Dynamo.
And in case you haven't heard -- which, frankly, seems impossible -- the match will be David Beckhamís grand finale after six years in MLS. In a press conference on Thursday, Beckham bid farewell and reiterated his intent to stay involved with MLS after he is gone.
"Just because Iím not playing here anymore after the weekend, my commitment stays the same and I will do anything to keep these players coming over like Robbie Keane, like Thierry Henry. I want to see this league continue to grow."
Don't expect to see it grow with the New York Cosmos, as has been rumored. "That's definitely not true," he said. Same goes for for recent rumors linking him to AS Monaco: "I heard about Monaco on the way to training this morning from a friend in London who said: 'I hear you are going to Monaco.' That was the first I'd heard of that."
And he's definitely not headed to Chelsea, if manager Rafa Benitez's assessment is anything to go by.
So, again, your guess as to where he's going is as good as ours. Maybe even as good as his. "I've got some interesting and exciting options on the table," Beckham said. "I am very flattered by some of the options that I've got. I still feel I can play and I'm not considering retiring."

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you David Beckam

& still nobody cares.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

On at the same time as the SEC Championship.
Lets see how the ratings will be.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Soccer.
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
On at the same time as the SEC Championship.
Lets see how the ratings will be.
LA and Houston have quite a few people... but I get your point.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
A lot more people in Houston watch College Football.
Especially when a large percentage of their population are LSU and A&M fans (SEC schools)

Last years MLS cup got a .8 rating nationally.Last years SEC championship got a 7.4.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I'm an old guy, and it took me a long time to understand the dynamics of the game, simply because I didn't watch it enough.
The World Cup and the Olympics has changed that. Still not a fan of MLS, but a whole lot better fan of soccer in general.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Look at demographics, not shocking they do well in those areas. DC does well, too. It doesn't mean the average person cares about MLS.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Donovan, Keane, and Beckham are World Class players. Fun to watch those three.

I know it is tough for some people to mentally understand the way the match flows, but those guys make the game fun to watch.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Hey is this one of those "Fark the tater "threads?
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
A lot more people in Houston watch College Football.
Especially when a large percentage of their population are LSU and A&M fans (SEC schools)

Last years MLS cup got a .8 rating nationally.Last years SEC championship got a 7.4.
meh, college sports are not as big as you think in big cities.

anyway, this is turning into another soccer hater thread.

Thanks to Beckam for coming to America, you helped us a lot bro.

GO GALAXY!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Look at demographics, not shocking they do well in those areas. DC does well, too. It doesn't mean the average person cares about MLS.
yes a lot of hispanic americans, european and asians in those cities, and yes, people do care about their local pro sports.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Grass Fairies
Old 11-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
& still nobody cares.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

I thought this thread was going to be about some nude photos
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
meh, college sports are not as big as you think in big cities.

anyway, this is turning into another soccer hater thread.

Thanks to Beckam for coming to America, you helped us a lot bro.

GO GALAXY!!!!!!!!!
You're right they aren't, mostly the northern cities. (NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago etc)
LA in that too.

And I'm not hating on soccer, i like the sport.just showing the differences in ratings from last year, Nationally.

I believe if the MLS wanted a large national audience they shouldn't have put it on the same time as the SEC championship game. Which will be shown on CBS.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
TheManInBlack
Recruit

TheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervous

No offense, but I think the fact that your post title that misspells Beckham's name is pretty telling about the state of soccer in the United States.

I love soccer, but most people here dont give a crap.
TheManInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Last time I checked Pele and Beckenbeaur beat him to the cross the pond idea.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
You're right they aren't, mostly the northern cities. (NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago etc)
LA in that too.

And I'm not hating on soccer, i like the sport.just showing the differences in ratings from last year, Nationally.

I believe if the MLS wanted a large national audience they shouldn't have put it on the same time as the SEC championship game. Which will be shown on CBS.
college sports are more popular in places where there is no pro sport, aka the south.

you are right, mls will lose some ratings to the sec championship, but not as much as you think.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Last time I checked Pele and Beckenbeaur beat him to the cross the pond idea.
Brazil is across the Atlantic?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote