CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
b381l
HeadCockFan
WeStillOwnUSC
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1068)
Incoming Class (1051)
Why is everyone anti (941)
Just thought of some (771)
Let us clarify some (740)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (739)
Tennessee kickoff an (727)
Is Clowney back toni (586)
Miss St. defense (562)
Why is everyone anticipat
Williams and Mitch
Holiday desserts
Roll call for Auburn
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Miss St. defense
Thoughts on the basketbal
How do you want Auburn to
Just thought of something
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
zthornto
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
zthornto has hatched from the shell
Default If South Carolina beats LSU.......

What does the National Championship picture look like now?

I hate to play the what if game, but couldn't help think about this one.

If they beat LSU then Georgia, Florida, and USC all have one loss.

Who would have been in the SEC championship game? Would South Carolina be in the National Championship game picture?

Just wondering, and thought this might provide for some interesting discussion.
zthornto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly
Default Re: If South Carolina beats LSU.......

Rather not think about it....
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

not sure how the tie breaker works with 3 divisional teams tied with 1 division loss. Uga to SC, SC to UF, UF to UGA. Does the tie breaker go to the team who scored the most points or something? not sure. UF is the game we needed to win to be in the exact same position as UGA is now. past 2 years we were basically one win from having a CHANCE to go to the BSCNC. Auburn last year and UF this year. Hoping next year we dont put ourselves in that position.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I thought about it during the preview tonight. One damn game away....................we were close.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
phdnumbaone
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 572
phdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
not sure how the tie breaker works with 3 divisional teams tied with 1 division loss. Uga to SC, SC to UF, UF to UGA. Does the tie breaker go to the team who scored the most points or something? not sure. UF is the game we needed to win to be in the exact same position as UGA is now. past 2 years we were basically one win from having a CHANCE to go to the BSCNC. Auburn last year and UF this year. Hoping next year we dont put ourselves in that position.
I think it's which ever team is highest in the rankings. I'm not sure though
phdnumbaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
If we beat UF and lost to LSU we would be in the SEC championship.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdnumbaone View Post
I think it's which ever team is highest in the rankings. I'm not sure though
Yea im pretty sure it is.

Can someone tell me how to quote multiple post?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
Yea im pretty sure it is.

Can someone tell me how to quote multiple post?
click the symbol with the quote next to the paper. its the symbol right next to the word quote
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
Jacoby4usc
Walk On

Male

Jacoby4usc is learning to peckJacoby4usc is learning to peck

I think highest BCS ranking is the last tie-breaker
Jacoby4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
zthornto
Walk On

Male

zthornto has hatched from the shell

Would be interesting to see if all had beaten each other who would be ranked the highest right now, especially with a road win at LSU. However, Georgia would have the only neutral field win, but South Carolina trounced Georgia and Florida trounced South Carolina.
zthornto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

We would be where Florida currently is and Florida would be where Georgia currently is.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
Rather not think about it....
Amen
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #13
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^yep ibleed... we would be a shoe in for the sugar bowl
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Like this?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

well we didnt
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

if we had beaten LSU we would not have lost to UF and would be unbeaten right now. My honest opinion
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
We would be where Florida currently is and Florida would be where Georgia currently is.
How? If we had beat LSU, all of us are 7-1...

Timeline is:
SC beats UGA then,
UF beats SC then,
UGA beats UF...

The team that lost first would be the highest ranked of the 3, correct me if I'm wrong? We'd be where UF currenty is and UGA are where they are now.
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNGolf View Post
How? If we had beat LSU, all of us are 7-1...

Timeline is:
SC beats UGA then,
UF beats SC then,
UGA beats UF...

The team that lost first would be the highest ranked of the 3, correct me if I'm wrong? We'd be where UF currenty is and UGA are where they are now.

UF beating FSU would have helped them more than us beating Clemson.
UF also has had #2 computer ranking this year (and would have even if we beat LSU)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
UF beating FSU would have helped them more than us beating Clemson.
UF also has had #2 computer ranking this year (and would have even if we beat LSU)
So in that scenario we're still 3rd?
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #20
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

The tie breaker for 3 teams goes as follows. When one of the 3 is elimnated, it then goes to a 2 team tiebreaker until one is figured out.

1) head to head
2) Record within the division.

That would have done it. UGA and USC would be 5-1 in the division and UF would be 6-0, with it's only loss against A&M, which is in the West. So, UF would go instead of UGA.