CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
b381l
JDJones
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
10 years since " (2079)
Sidney Rice is havin (1578)
Why the hesitance to (1096)
Should UNC get death (480)
2014 Charleston Clas (457)
BJ Mckie (449)
Getting Back on Trac (344)
Hospitality Area? (318)
Cocky cloth towels (277)
Challenge to or revi (246)
weekend conference Predic
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p
Why the hesitance to put
Fan bias toward a specifi
2014 Charleston Classic *
2014 Charleston Classic *
2015 Defensive Line
Micheal Shumacher Fightin
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Dragon Age Origins free!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Why Manto Te'o CANNOT win the Heisman

Just heard a caller on 107.5 make a great point. Argue the merits of Te'o and Manziel all you want (which many of you are doing).

Clowney is as good if not better than Te'o. I think Clowney will get a lot of Heisman consideration (and some votes this year as well). However, if Te'o wins the award this year Clowney has ZERO chance of winning it next year as they would never give it to a defensive player two years in a row.

If you are a Gamecock fan and want to see Clowney win next year, you better hope Te'o doesn't win this year!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: Why Manto Te'o CANNOT win the Heisman

Why Manto can't win it? Because Manziel already has.

But never underestimate the hype that is Notre Dame football.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

SitffArmTrophy.com never gets it wrong.

Manziel has this one.

Oh and Earle Robinson voted Clowney 2, Paul Strelow and Phil Kornblut voted him 3

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Just heard a caller on 107.5 make a great point. Argue the merits of Te'o and Manziel all you want (which many of you are doing).

Clowney is as good if not better than Te'o. I think Clowney will get a lot of Heisman consideration (and some votes this year as well). However, if Te'o wins the award this year Clowney has ZERO chance of winning it next year as they would never give it to a defensive player two years in a row.

If you are a Gamecock fan and want to see Clowney win next year, you better hope Te'o doesn't win this year!
I'm not sure this is even debatable.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Manziel will probably win. But those of you who are getting their hopes up about Clowney's heisman chances next year are probably going to be let down. It is extremely rare that a defensive player is even in the top 2 as many say Teo is. And that's because this year's Heisman race was exceptionally weak. The chances that next year's race is also that weak is about 0.000001% as there is a lot of big time talent coming back next year and Heisman races are never that weak 2 years in a row. As long as there is a decent offensive candidate next year in the race, Clowney will not win. Unless the guy busts out for 20 sacks...
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

If K State and Oregon won out Teo would finish 4th, 3rd the highest.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
bill
Walk On

Male

bill has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Clowney will not win. Unless the guy busts out for 20 sacks...
Well.....he is capable of doing such a thing.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Manziel will probably win. But those of you who are getting their hopes up about Clowney's heisman chances next year are probably going to be let down. It is extremely rare that a defensive player is even in the top 2 as many say Teo is. And that's because this year's Heisman race was exceptionally weak. The chances that next year's race is also that weak is about 0.000001% as there is a lot of big time talent coming back next year and Heisman races are never that weak 2 years in a row. As long as there is a decent offensive candidate next year in the race, Clowney will not win. Unless the guy busts out for 20 sacks...
Never dismiss the hype factor. Clowney is already getting hype. With Carolina's schedule next year and all the praise for JD, don't be surprised if he isn't a top candidate next year.

I think he will be in the top 7 this year.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Never dismiss the hype factor. Clowney is already getting hype. With Carolina's schedule next year and all the praise for JD, don't be surprised if he isn't a top candidate next year.

I think he will be in the top 7 this year.
According to that site and the votes they tallied he's 7th.
Goes: JFF, Teo, Klein, Lee, Miller, Lynch, Clowney

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not flaming, and I know this is kind of insane at this point, but who are the guys even being discussed presently for next year?

Marqise Lee, but who knows how that will go w/ a new QB. Murray, if he stays. I suppose Lacy/Yeldon will get some shine. I've seen National Reporters tweeting about voting for Clowney this year and touting him for next year. The hype express is already leaving the station, which is a good thing for Clowney's chances.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

each season stands alone.
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Not flaming, and I know this is kind of insane at this point, but who are the guys even being discussed presently for next year?

Marqise Lee, but who knows how that will go w/ a new QB. Murray, if he stays. I suppose Lacy/Yeldon will get some shine. I've seen National Reporters tweeting about voting for Clowney this year and touting him for next year. The hype express is already leaving the station, which is a good thing for Clowney's chances.
I'd say next years front runners are Lee, Braxton Miller, Manziel, Clowney, Mariota, Bridgewater.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I'd say next years front runners are Lee, Braxton Miller, Manziel, Clowney, Mariota, Bridgewater.
Forgot Miller and Bridgewater. (And Manziel is a given, although I think he may have a step back next year since teams will be better prepared. I could also be horribly, horribly wrong.)
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Forgot Miller and Bridgewater. (And Manziel is a given, although I think he may have a step back next year since teams will be better prepared. I could also be horribly, horribly wrong.)
Yeah that will be a tough list of players on O for Clowney to beat out. I think Clowney can make the ceremony with another big year but I just don't see him winning it unless he puts up some insane videogame like numbers.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

This Heisman class this year just seems kinda...bluh....
It will probably end up going to Kline...I can't see them giving it to a freshman, or a defensive player.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Can't disagree with that list.

You know someone from Bama will be on that list...and probably Wittek from So. Cal.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Can't disagree with that list.

You know someone from Bama will be on that list...and probably Wittek from So. Cal.
Wittek will be overshadowed by Lee.

For Bama it could be Yeldon or McCarron, I don't see Lacy staying.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

Quote:
Wittek will be overshadowed by Lee.

For Bama it could be Yeldon or McCarron, I don't see Lacy staying.
Living in LA, it's all Lee. Wittek may be a 2014 contender, but not next year. They'll throw it all behind Lee. (Whether Wittek can get him the ball is another story. Hard to post bigger numbers than he did this year.)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

It would be poetic justice to see Clowney get the Hugh Green treatment.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

The heisman trophy is a joke.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote