CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
cockybreeyan
soccerguy79
cockyguitar
Yearofthegamecock
BlakelyH19
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
No Curse
**USC vs. Texas A&am (55298)
A&M vent thread (11912)
SOS is pissed (4780)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Man of my word (no t (1708)
Worst Beating since? (1643)
Jimmies and Joes (1629)
Players reaction to (1613)
Here is the trophy f (1612)
I'm not looking forw (1542)
Jimmies and Joes
Good effort Cocks
Okay, Clint will be the f
This says it all.
Players reaction to "
A&M vent thread
Lorenzo Ward's Play calli
Here is the trophy for th
SOS is pissed
I'm not looking forward t

Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default Clowney comes in 6th on the Heisman Ballot

Player 1st 2nd 3rd Total
J. Manziel, Texas A&M 474 252 103 2,029
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame 321 309 125 1,706
Collin Klein, Kansas St. 60 197 320 894
Marquise Lee, USC 19 33 84 207
B. Miller, Ohio State 3 29 77 144
J. Clowney, S. Carolina 4 13 23 61

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...heisman-trophy

It just really surprised me. Was not expecting him to be so high. I really believe he has a chance to make it next year. To win it all as the first true defensive player to win a heisman.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: Clowney comes in 6th on the Heisman Ballot

I truly believe with Teo not winning it this year that Clowney will be the defensive player to win it...
Cocklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

He still won't win it but he will be at the ceremony next year
Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockRocker View Post
IF, we win the SEC Championship and he continues to build on these past two seasons...I wouldn't bet against him.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Idk, like I have stated many times before I believe he is the best to ever play his position in this game whether it be High School ,College or Pro. I think if anyone has a real legit shot, its Clowney.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
with an amazing season he could win easily..

most of the media has bought into him by now and would hype him pretty heavily. It would take an equally impressive offensive performance to keep him from it.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Know the first thing i see on that list....NO TAJ BOYD!!!
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #8
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
Know the first thing i see on that list....NO TAJ BOYD!!!
YUP! and JD beat him bad lol.. in both game and votes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Clowney! Clowney!! Clowney!!!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Who will start in Devin Taylor's place next year?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
Who will start in Devin Taylor's place next year?
Sutton was our 3rd DE this year, so I assume he will get the first shot.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #12
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post

I hope he and his backup are ready next season to get a lot of plays rolled their way.

A LOT
Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
USC843
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC843 has feathers coming inUSC843 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
I think Sutton is a great DE but I believe Alfy is gonna be the starter by the end of the year. Dudes got serious skills. I'm hoping he can be a Jarvis Jones type player for us, being that he transferred and alot of people have forgotten about him.
USC843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #14
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

If they put him in at tailback a few times and put him in the punt-blocking wedge and snap it to him a couple, he might get some "Did you see that?!!" votes.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #15
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Isn't Spurrier the only Heisman winner to coach another player to a Heisman? Imagine the legacy of having coached two Heisman winners and being a Heisman winner.

Hope the University gets behind any campaign if he starts looking like a major candidate next year.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #16
granicock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 448
granicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Player 1st 2nd 3rd Total
J. Manziel, Texas A&M 474 252 103 2,029
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame 321 309 125 1,706
Collin Klein, Kansas St. 60 197 320 894
Marquise Lee, USC 19 33 84 207
B. Miller, Ohio State 3 29 77 144
J. Clowney, S. Carolina 4 13 23 61

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...heisman-trophy

It just really surprised me. Was not expecting him to be so high. I really believe he has a chance to make it next year. To win it all as the first true defensive player to win a heisman.

If Clowney gets an interception or two and some fumble recoveries (maybe for touchdowns, like MI6), he could get the hardware.

granicock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #17
TheBiggestSpur
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
TheBiggestSpur is learning to peckTheBiggestSpur is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC843 View Post
I think Sutton is a great DE but I believe Alfy is gonna be the starter by the end of the year. Dudes got serious skills. I'm hoping he can be a Jarvis Jones type player for us, being that he transferred and alot of people have forgotten about him.
This, Bama enrolled him. actually worked out for a week there then the clearing house said No go and he went to a cal prep. Dude is gonna be a player. Huge get
TheBiggestSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #18
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Bobble head didnt make it how sad !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:30 AM   #19
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInSeattle View Post
Isn't Spurrier the only Heisman winner to coach another player to a Heisman? Imagine the legacy of having coached two Heisman winners and being a Heisman winner.

Hope the University gets behind any campaign if he starts looking like a major candidate next year.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that the schools really but all that much money into Heisman campaigns anymore, what with social media and all.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #20
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

If the SEC halfway called holding on the OL, he might have had a shot. With the OL having to block him w/o holding, he could easily get 30+ sacks in a season and who knows how many more tackles, TFL, QB hurries, deflections, etc.

Since the SEC allows him and others to be held by one or more men, ain't going to happen.