CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1695)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (967)
Rest of the season p (944)
Let us clarify some (737)
Tennessee kickoff an (688)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (677)
Tennessee Game Time (667)
Just thought of some (591)
Why is everyone anti (563)
To ANYONE complaining abo
Why is everyone anticipat
Miss St. defense
CBS: SOS to Florida?
How did we not make it.
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing

Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material
Default Knile Davis to the NFL

SIAP

Arkansas junior RB Knile Davis has confirmed that he’ll forego his final year of eligibility in order to enter the 2013 NFL Draft.

The Missouri City, Tex. native had a star-crossed career as a Razorback that detoured following a season-ending ankle injury in August of 2011 that kept him from playing a down. Just a year earlier, he was one of the country’s breakout stars, erupting for 1,322 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground. He went well over 100 yards in six of his final seven games, including against South Carolina, LSU and Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1248677.html

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Knile Davis to the NFL

Good for him. Hope he shows out and his speed is still there. Him and Latti might be the darkhorses in this draft
Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Good for him. Hope he shows out and his speed is still there. Him and Latti might be the darkhorses in this draft
...Is that a racist remark...??
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I wish him well.
HE and Lattimore both have tough roads ahead...but I think they will both have good careers.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
...Is that a racist remark...??
Haha thats what you got out of my post? Shoulda called them lighthorses
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I was wondering when this news would come out. I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone after the way this past year went for him. And since most people realize a running back really gets back to being himself is not the year immediately following an injury, but the following year, the NFL clubs should know Davis's best years are still ahead of him. I'll be pulling for him. He's a classy kid and a great talent.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Wish him the best....sucks the way his career went after his FR year...he deserved better.

Hope he shows out in the NFL and makes lots of $$ real fast.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Haha thats what you got out of my post? Shoulda called them lighthorses
he was talking about you assuming he's fast because he's black... the fact you thought he was talking about the darkhorse comment makes you even more of a racist than before!!! I'M JUST KIDDING! please don't yell at me.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
he was talking about you assuming he's fast because he's black... the fact you thought he was talking about the darkhorse comment makes you even more of a racist than before!!! I'M JUST KIDDING! please don't yell at me.
Lol
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Knile Davis... There's a name I haven't heard in a while.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

He never regained the form and speed he had two years ago.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Does he get drafted before Marcus? Both had knee injuries, granted Marcus had way worse ones but if I were running an NFL team, I think I'd draft Marcus over Davis. Seems like they may get drafted around roughly the same rounds though, 4-6. Davis had a struggle season this year.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Does he get drafted before Marcus? Both had knee injuries, granted Marcus had way worse ones but if I were running an NFL team, I think I'd draft Marcus over Davis. Seems like they may get drafted around roughly the same rounds though, 4-6. Davis had a struggle season this year.
Ultimately, the docs will decide based on their medical reports.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Davis broke his ankle, I believe.

I think Marcus goes ahead of him, personally. Davis may ultimately go undrafted.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Marcus looked much better than Davis did. Latti had 662 yards through 9 games. Davis had 377 through 12.

I don't really understand this move. Bielema loves to run the ball, and Davis really needs to improve his stock.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Good luck to another young man that had some unfortunate things happen to him! He was very classy thru all his bad luck as well.