CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Absfract
Storm Of Spurs
MWard
SwampFox
TKE226
COCKYWOOD
easymoney
Wilds & Carson B (2215)
Marquavius Lewis (1966)
So, why is next year (1819)
How Long Will The Re (1219)
Restaurant musts in (906)
Why do so many of yo (729)
Shot in the arm for (635)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (611)
Custom Jersey (254)
5 Gourmet Foods That (167)
Previewing Clemson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The Vent and Coaching cha
NY Giants Joe Morrison tr
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 Commitment - Dante S
Wilds & Carson Back f
Bo Pelini headed to Young
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
The U ends apparel deal w

Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Could use your support today.

Some of you might remember my post earlier this year about our Disney World trip and my 21 year old "nanny" that went with us.

Her name was Anna Hurst, and I got to know her through my kids Day Care. She became part of my family and my girls loved her more than anything.

I just found out that she passed away in her sleep last night.

She was 21 years old, and was supposed to walk the stage at Winthrop on Saturday. We had dinner with her Wednesday night and was supposed to go to her graduation party Saturday.

I'm just hollow inside right now.

..and angry. She was 21, no health problems, her whole life in front of her.

I'm just devastated.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Could use your support today.

That's awful. So sad to hear something like that. My best wishes and condolences to you, her family, and her friends.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Some of you might remember my post earlier this year about our Disney World trip and my 21 year old "nanny" that went with us.

Her name was Anna Hurst, and I got to know her through my kids Day Care. She became part of my family and my girls loved her more than anything.

She was 21 years old, and was supposed to walk the stage at Winthrop on Saturday. We had dinner with her Wednesday night and was supposed to go to her graduation party Saturday.

I'm just devastated.
Wow...man, that is awful on so many levels. Have you told your daughters yet?
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Not yet. I've got to pick them up from school.

I don't know how I'm going to tell them.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'm just devastated.
wow..21 that's crazy man

I'm very sorry for both families
Old 12-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not yet. I've got to pick them up from school.

I don't know how I'm going to tell them.

Aw man... life changing experience for your entire family. Hope you guys can find some peace
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Dang.

This has been a bad week for many of our friends for some reason. Condolences and prayers to you and your family.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Man, wtf? Lots of this kind of thing been recently.

Not a good holiday season. Sigh.

Last edited by CockLurker; 12-14-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: this thread isn't about me
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Lurker I'm very, very sorry about your sister.

I haven't talked to her Mom or Dad yet. We used to take them to football games with us all the time. Anna was one of the biggest Gamecock fans you'll ever meet.

They're just among the nicest people we've ever met. I can't imagine how devastated they must be this morning.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

God bless. Horrid news. Praying for all involved.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

What a sad thing to happen, but to a young adult with her entire adult life in front of her? And during the holidays?? I will never understand why these things happen...

Prayers to you and your family, and for the young woman and her family. SMH
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Terrible news. Gone way too soon. Prayers sent man.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Wow, man. That has to be totally devastating for all involved. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

dang man.. that's some sad news

I'm sorry to hear it and I'll be praying for the friends and family, I know this won't be easy for you and your children
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

My Condolences. I'm very sorry for your families loss.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Peace be with all.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

prayers lifted

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

I'm really sorry to hear that man, another child taken away before they get to experience life to the fullest. Prayers sent buddy. This is a real reality check for everyone because no matter how young or old you are, tomorrow could be your last so always cherish what you have with the people you love.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear. I remember when you were starting up this relationship and how it grew. It hurts just thinking what you are going through.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Yeah, we've known Anna for about four years, she's helped us raise the younger two.

With the news of the school shooting today and Anna it's been one of the worst days I can ever remember.

I just told my kids, and that was really, really tough. It's hard enough for me to understand, much less a 9, 6, and 4 year old.

Hug the ones you love and let them know you love them through your deeds and words. Life may or not be short, but its end can come so suddenly.

I appreciate the kind words guys, having a community like CockyTalk (even if it virtual) is a huge comfort. I felt so alone this morning.