CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
Gamecocks1137
A. Pilgrim
kingofnerf
PageUSC
taylorssc
Spurticus
thekob
gamecockgal
Juco QBs? (2058)
How do you want Aubu (1722)
Auburn/USC point spr (1681)
If the Head Ball Coa (1136)
Whenever I Get Depre (827)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (671)
To ANYONE complainin (655)
Does South Carolina (619)
Tennessee Game Time (466)
Peyton Manning break (290)
Juco QBs?
Mike Davis Stiff Arm
Name a Gamecock
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Auburn/USC point spread
To ANYONE complaining abo
Final 4 Predictions
How do you want Auburn to
2014 Garnet and Black Wor

Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
daviddrena
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
daviddrena is learning to peck
Default Ace Sanders Interview

I am not one to stir up drama but the way Ace talk in his interview he would prefer Dylan at QB what do you guys think.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/index-main.html
daviddrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Ace Sanders Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddrena View Post
I am not one to stir up drama but the way Ace talk in his interview he would prefer Dylan at QB what do you guys think.

I would not have thought anything of that interview if I had not read your post honestly. So I think you its stirring things up more than anything. Only thing I saw was Ace mentioned Shaw being more of a scrambler and Dylan being solely a passer. Not much there.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
daviddrena
Recruit

Male

daviddrena is learning to peck

I was actually talking about when he was referring to the cofidence in the wr corp. How they had confidence they just needed someone to have confidence in them. You might be right though maybe I'm just thinking too much into his statments.
daviddrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #4
50ktight
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws

Dylan has a better arm. Shaw has better mobility. I'd like to see what Dylan can do with a month to prepare as starter going into the bowl game.
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Yeah i took it as Dylan will pass us the ball while connor will run. If that doesnt say enough im getting off this board. i know all the sunshine pumpers for connor will be saying this and that but dylan throws the ball and thats what we need.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

i can't tell what interview you're talking about b/c that link just goes to their main page, which is constantly changing, but i do remember the interview after the clemson game (which maybe is the one you're referring to) where he was talking about how he and the other receivers were dying to prove how much of a factor they could be in a game if someone would just give them a chance. he didn't cross the line or anything, but he came real close to calling Connor out and saying that the offense needs a true QB who can get the ball into the hands of the playmakers. again, nothing over the line, but he made it pretty clear towards the end of the season that he was unhappy with how little the ball was coming out to him and the rest of the WR corps.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
CWall2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10048227
CWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudly

I like DT. I have tons of respect for him as a person and I think he's done well when we've asked him to fill in. But remember, he still hasn't done anything against a decent defense. He has been clutch and stepped up when we needed him but he hasn't had much experience against really good teams. Doesn't mean he can't and won't flourish when given that opportunity, just that I wouldn't anoint him as best QB on our roster just yet. Would be interesting to see what he could do with more preparation.
CWall2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Well, I'll say it. Dylan gets our WR's into the game and utilizes them the way they're meant to be utilized. Connor, every now and then, but mostly, not so much.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Dylan> connor. Sorry. Very simple. Everyone on this board thinks they can say he "didn't play a good defense" and "Connor was hurt". Okay. If he was hurt. Sit your ass on the bench don't hurt the team by playing at 60 percent. Two, if dylan throwin for three scores and over 300 yards isn't impressive against Clemson in a rivalry game away. Then exactly how impressive was connors game against wofford? Dylan can sling the rock. Connor can throw a ball. But so can ace. And marcus. And justice. And every other player on our team. To me.. connor is an athlete playing qb. Dylan is a quarterback. The receivers respond better to dylan because they know when they get open he will throw them the ball.. why work to get open when u turn around yo see ur qb running. End of story
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I would start to get irritated as a WR running routes, turning seeing QB running. Not saying Ace is, just I would.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

I thought the same thing when I saw this interview. Seems like they prefer Dylan.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

The scariest thing in that video is Ace said he sent in his paper work to the NFL...

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I was actually talking about when he was referring to the cofidence in the wr corp. How they had confidence they just needed someone to have confidence in them. You might be right though maybe I'm just thinking too much into his statments.

That is what I heard as well, seemed to me Ace was saying we have the skills just need the ball thrown our way.
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
The scariest thing in that video is Ace said he sent in his paper work to the NFL...
hes not leaving, most juniors send in paper work just to get feed back of what the scouts say about them and what they need to work on.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i have seen over time ace get real frustrated with connor at the end of routes. in the heat of the moment he cant help but react when a ball goes somewhere else or he gets overthrown. saying that, i believe those things happen over time and the same thing would happen if dylan was in there. receivers want the ball every play.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i have seen over time ace get real frustrated with connor at the end of routes. in the heat of the moment he cant help but react when a ball goes somewhere else or he gets overthrown. saying that, i believe those things happen over time and the same thing would happen if dylan was in there. receivers want the ball every play.
the difference b/t Thompson and Shaw is, like Spurrier said,"I don't call pass plays for you to run the football". When a pass play is called, it seems like there is a 80% chance Shaw is going to run and 20% chance he is going to pass. Thompson is just the opposite maybe even 90% pass and 10% run. From what I have seen the during the games the receivers can fully commit to running clean routes with Thompson in the game because they have the confidence in Thompson that he will throw the ball. When Shaw is in the the WR have to also worry about abandoning their routes to block down field.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

he did say that the receivers have felt they were capable they just needed the opportunities, but he also mentioned the difference between coverages they face when shaw is in the game rather than thompson. that likely means more zone.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'm sure that Ace is glad that both are on the team

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

As a QB the best thing you can do is spread the ball around a little bit to keep all of the WR's in the game. That's what you do. There is no doubt in my mind that frustration exists with our WR's. But, that can be said about most any team. WR's always want the ball more, that's why they run routes. I would be a little disappointed if they weren't a little frustrated. Shoot, I'd like to see them get their hands on the ball more. Main case in point for DT.
COCKYTALKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

I don't really get that feeling from his comments there. But, after watching his body language and reactions when playing for both QBs at different points this season...I'm inclined to agree. When Connor is in, it's almost like the WRs start running sloppy routes b/c they don't expect to get the ball. Granted...Connor can deliver them the ball. But, is that really his first instinct?