CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
Regalcock
U-Dub Gamecock
kabercr2
kingofnerf
Spurticus
CoverTwo
Gamecocks1137
PosiVibeWarrior
purebredcock
**USC vs. South Alab (17328)
Drew Owens missing? (1793)
Clemson (1480)
Question about after (1174)
Awful Shooting Conti (948)
Gamecock Men Have Be (783)
Dylan Thompson surpa (756)
Prayers needed!!! (419)
How about this scena (405)
FishFry 47-yarder (395)
Shaq Roland
Muschamp
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Should UNC get death pena
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Mason Rudolph starting fo
Clemson
FishFry 47-yarder

Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material
Default Practice Interview from 12/19/12

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

I was listening to 107.5 this AM and they were playing the HBC from after practice yesterday.

WHO was the MENTAL MIDGET who asked Spurrier that "since they were going to be in Tampa would they call SG and invite him to practice?".......

First, this was an individual who was KICKED OFF THE TEAM.

Second, we all know the history of this player and bowl preparation.

Not trying to open up old wounds or start bashing the guy all over again....but whoever that reporter was should have been tackled and had his press credentials forcibly removed.

(P.S. love the little zinger in response to Scott Hood saying Stanford had 8 girls at least 6'3".....Spurrier replied "they are only allowed to play 5 at a time, right?" )

Last edited by LeeSC; 12-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Practice Interview from 12/19/12

Nothing surpises me. Did he even comment?
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Nothing surpises me. Did he even comment?

Actually, I think the question took Spurrier off guard...he didn't know what to say at first.

Then he just said that the reporter would "need to ask someone else that question" and "he didn't know if he would stop by or not". Stated that they were focused on getting this team ready for the bowl game.

Either the guy is an idiot or just being inflammatory.....last I recall SG is still playing in Canada.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Actually, I think it's hilarious. Wish Spurrier could have come up with something interesting to say.

I like those a lot better that the softball junk usually lobbed up.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
Didn't see this posted anywhere.

I was listening to 107.5 this AM and they were playing the HBC from after practice yesterday.

WHO was the MENTAL MIDGET who asked Spurrier that "since they were going to be in Tampa would they call SG and invite him to practice?".......

First, this was an individual who was KICKED OFF THE TEAM.

Second, we all know the history of this player and bowl preparation.

Not trying to open up old wounds or start bashing the guy all over again....but whoever that reporter was should have been tackled and had his press credentials forcibly removed.

(P.S. love the little zinger in response to Scott Hood saying Stanford had 8 girls at least 6'3".....Spurrier replied "they are only allowed to play 5 at a time, right?" )
Yea, we do have some mental midgets on the Carolina beat...Scott Hood is one of them for sure...but whoever that idiot was should be removed.
Just a plain stupid, pointless question.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Stupidity never stops to amaze me
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

GOOD LORD...FWIW Canada's season is over...Grey Cup was the weekend of THE GAME.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

You can watch the presser here: http://www.gamecocksonline.com/

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I recognize his voice but I don't know that I've ever heard anyone call him by name

I liked his "well they can only play 5 at a time" answer
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

"see me bust through the line, while you wait in line"

"the qb won't see me coming, but you will"

good lord I'll be happy when gamecocksonline gets different/more sponsors. same nfl ads all year long, and when there's multiple interviews you want to watch, you wind up seeing that junk over and over and over and over again.

anyways, yeah. weird question for Spurrier there about Garcia, especially right off the bat. you could tell Spurrier was biting his tongue there for several reasons, I'm sure.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote