CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
cocksmith1or11
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
conwaycock2
kingofnerf
ESPN Game Day Commen (986)
Simple "yes&quo (929)
The Comeback & T (705)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (685)
Phil Steele just pre (613)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (483)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (452)
Garcia: Change the R (400)
Wallpaper & Back (212)
Phil Steele just predicte
Name a Gamecock
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2016 - Avery McCall
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Who's the worst boss you've ever had?

Thinking back over jobs you've had, who was the worst supervisor or boss you've ever had, and why?

We're here for you. Get it out of your system
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who's the worst boss you've ever had?

I am now semi-retired and kind of living the life of leisure, but in the industry that I came out of for the last 9 years I had two of the worst butt heads for bosses that I have ever had in my life. They were like two sh*t eating hound dogs with no personalities to go along with everything else that was bad about them. The one thing that stands out in my mind about both of them is the fact that they both moved down here from up north, one from Chicago and the other from Pittsburgh and they knew it all and to them the majority of people down south were a bunch of dumb red necks that did not know anything and they were sent down south to educate us all. Other than that they were pretty nice guys!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I would have to say it was the general manager of the restaurant that I bussed tables at while in high school. He wouldn't let people take their breaks, shorted us on our tips so the bartenders could get more tips (bus boys already didn't get a lot in tips because the servers had to give a portion of their tips and the bartenders had their own separate tips), and allowed for some unsanitary food practices. A few employees tried to end the bad food practices, but he did nothing about it until the restaurant was busted by DHEC.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

I worked a particular southwest grill in HS where the two managers didn't do any real work and had sex with each other in the freezer
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Gamecock2008
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock2008 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacock View Post
I worked a particular southwest grill in HS where the two managers didn't do any real work and had sex with each other in the freezer
Me too. Was pretty funny when they would try to hide it. Also they both would smoke weed in the back as well. But then again that was pretty much half the staff. I hated the managers but loved the other employees. Not a south west grill but a place where you could buy bread as well as sandwiches in cola
Gamecock2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

The Regional Manager at this small paper company in Scranton, PA. Dude was hilarious, but very insulting and unproductive.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Bone in center cut?

Last boss I had lived in Pittsburgh until his mid teens and then moved to Texas. When I got laid off I told him he lived up north long enough to be an asshole and in Texas long enough to be full of shit.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Well being in the U.S. Navy (Submarine service)for the past 19 years, I have had my fair share of pole smoking supervisors. You know, the type who have had their heads so far up their bosses ass, they used their belly buttons as a periscope. Yeah. They expect their subordinates to do the same to them because that's what they're used to.

Thanks to my last one on the U.S.S. Rhode-Island, I'll retire as a first class instead of a Chief. I guess to some people, it's more Important to kiss ass rather than being a hard worker.

Ohh well *tooth suck* it is what it is.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I was pretty new in the business and my dad moved away..another guy took his spot and didnt train me proper..instead of running appts with me he would drag me to golf courses and play..he didnt care because he had the big override checks,but and i was going broke by the week.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #10
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
The Regional Manager at this small paper company in Scranton, PA. Dude was hilarious, but very insulting and unproductive.
I liked the Assistant to the Regional Manager there, the guy grew some tasty beets.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #11
Sonofacock

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
Bone in center cut?
Moes
Old 12-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #12
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

Quote:

I know Ryan Chastain that works at Moes if thats the one (grill) you are talking about :)
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
I know Ryan Chastain that works at Moes if thats the one (grill) you are talking about :)
Did he go to furman?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Sonofacock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
This was a couple of years ago
Old 12-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

i have only had one really bad boss and i have deleted those dark years from my memory

and

Moes Blows
Old 12-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I worked at Starbucks in 5 Points during college for about 6 months.

Manager was a black girl...complete bitch. I can't stand a person who comes into work in a bad mood every single day, negative about everything, and always on a power trip.

I hated that job and she was terrible.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

For me it was probably the supervisor(s) I had when I worked for Coca-Cola. One of them was great to work for, and I'm sorry that he has to put up with the other assholes. The guys I'm referring to did the following:

1) Attempted to fire me while I was deploying to Afghanistan.
2) Hired my replacement while I was gone, asked me to train him when I cam back from Afghanistan, and then promoted him past me into the job that was promised to me when I left.
3) When I brought of DOL complaints under the USERRA laws, they banded together and concocted a story that involved me having 'numerous' disciplinary actions. (When I called them on it, only one document was provided for one instance three years prior to the DOL investigation.)
4) Once I put in my two-weeks notice, I was assigned to all of the worst jobs for one week before being brought in and let go.

On the bright side though, since that time I have being doing IT work for various government agencies, and I am currently working towards a very lucrative position. Since my time at Coca-Cola, things have been consistently looking up and my supervisors have gone from being bad to being excellent. My current one is by far the best person I've ever worked for.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Owner of an Ace in Florida. Dude was cheap, a liar, a wanna be tough guy, and treated his employees (all of them) like shit.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Worst, as far as being a jackass: The entire managerial crew at the Piggly Wiggly where I bagged/stocked in high school.

Worst, as far as being incompetent: Worked for the census bureau one summer, and the crew chief was a tool, but not the sharpest one in the box. We spent a whole day filling out these federal forms. He made some mistakes in giving the instructions, next day we have to come in and do most of it all over again. There were other grievances as well.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

There are always bosses that are jerks, but to me the worst ones are the ones that don't care about you as a person. I have a long list of those...no need to bore everyone on here with my stories.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote