CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
B-G
Cockhornleghorn
crowcutta
Regalcock
2014 Subway Classic: (2192)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1735)
Former Gamecock root (1513)
Franks boy's are pla (1426)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (751)
Bruce!!! (675)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (638)
Kentucky is dominati (606)
Question for those w (530)
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A
Has the window closed for
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing

Old 12-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Pappy O'Daniel slips into eternity

One of my favorites, Charles Durning dead at 89.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES Charles Durning grew up in poverty, lost five of his nine siblings to disease, barely lived through D-Day and was taken prisoner at the Battle of the Bulge.
His hard life and wartime trauma provided the basis for a prolific 50-year career as a consummate Oscar-nominated character actor, playing everyone from a Nazi colonel to the pope to Dustin Hoffman's would-be suitor in "Tootsie."
He was among the first wave of U.S. soldiers to land at Normandy during the D-Day invasion and the only member of his Army unit to survive. He killed several Germans and was wounded in the leg. Later he was bayoneted by a young German soldier whom he killed with a rock. He was captured in the Battle of the Bulge and survived a massacre of prisoners.
In later years, he refused to discuss the military service for which he was awarded the Silver Star and three Purple Hearts.
"Too many bad memories," he told an interviewer in 1997. "I don't want you to see me crying."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2362130.html

One of my favorite scenes:

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material
Default Re: Pappy O'Daniel slips into eternity

He was working right up to the end. Loved him, he will be missed.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

He did it all except play the lead. Always saw movies if he was in them, BECAUSE he was in them! R.I.P. Mr. Durning...
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

He was one of the very few that although he could be in a stinker movie, he never played a bad part.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Among the top of my favorite character actors of all time, and generally speaking, I like most good character actors better than lead actors, because their roles are frequently more interesting.

One of his best roles is in the now mostly forgotten and dated movie (late 1970's) called "Twilight's Last Gleaming" in which he plays the President. Movie also stars Burt Lancaster and Richard Widmark. Worth a look for those who have never seen it.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

His song in the "Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" as the governor was one of the funniest, and it is so typical of many politicians.

This clip is a little longer than the one in the OP.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html

Last edited by SwampFox; 12-26-2012 at 05:18 PM.
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

CockyCash: 2200
CampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his claws

"The little man has admonished me to grasp the broom uh' ree-form and sweep this state clean!"
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

The sting and the final countdown were good parts.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampusPolice View Post
"The little man has admonished me to grasp the broom uh' ree-form and sweep this state clean!"
While that is a great line it does not belong to Pappy
Old 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Dang sorry to hear that. Y'all beat me to it posting those vids from lil whorehouse. Just sold my DVD copy of that at a yardsale last Sat. RIP

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Well, gee. First Jack Klugman, now Charles Durning. I wonder who #3 will be?
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I'm familiar with the celebrities go in threes belief, but is there a time frame as in a matter of days or a week or what?

Last edited by TheUSCMike; 12-26-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Looks Like it's Fontella Bass