CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
roosterdude21
acejrock
NJCocky14
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7988)
Super-Efficient Ax (318)
South Carolina @ Aub (279)
BREAD (242)
Starz Black Sails (166)
Dress shirt help (161)
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?
What is your perfect egg?
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Connor Mitch

Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
CBSpur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 375
CBSpur has hatched from the shell
Default Johnathan Joseph

Johnathan has been named a starter on the AFC Pro Bowl team! Representing Carolina very well in the NFL! Go Cocks!
CBSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
tekresqguru
USCRugby

Male

CockyCash: 642
tekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his comb
Default Re: Johnathan Joseph

side note, whats up with joseph saying "rock hill" when they flash his picture up on the starting line-up before games? why not shout out to the U of SC?
tekresqguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Of course he is, JohnJo is considered a top 5 cornerback in the NFL. Gettin paid like one too, 9.5mil a year.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekresqguru View Post
side note, whats up with joseph saying "rock hill" when they flash his picture up on the starting line-up before games? why not shout out to the U of SC?
Always one or two who do that every game. Sidney says Gaffney High School. Do any of our NFL players actually rep USC?

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Always one or two who do that every game. Sidney says Gaffney High School. Do any of our NFL players actually rep USC?

Good question. To my knowledge, few if any come back and are on the sidelines for any games. Somebody please prove me wrong but I don't ever hear of past Gamecocks coming back around the program.
On a side note, if we can continue to get the quality players we get out of the Rock Hill or Gaffney areas, I really don't care what they say on an NFL intro.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Saluda Rooster
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Saluda Rooster is learning to peckSaluda Rooster is learning to peck
Send a message via Yahoo to Saluda Rooster
Cool Re: Johnathan Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Good question. To my knowledge, few if any come back and are on the sidelines for any games. Somebody please prove me wrong but I don't ever hear of past Gamecocks coming back around the program.
On a side note, if we can continue to get the quality players we get out of the Rock Hill or Gaffney areas, I really don't care what they say on an NFL intro.
If I'm not mistaken, we had past players on the sidelines of almost every game this season.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluda Rooster View Post
If I'm not mistaken, we had past players on the sidelines of almost every game this season.
Well that's awesome and makes me feel better about this. Who were they?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Some of the ones we had just off the top of my head....Moe Brown, Sidney Rice, Sheldon Brown, Troy Williamson I believe, and I know there were others. Just drawing a blank right now.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Well that's awesome and makes me feel better about this. Who were they?
Most the time if they are in the Nfl the only time they can come is on bye weeks if they get a chance.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
Most the time if they are in the Nfl the only time they can come is on bye weeks if they get a chance.
Yes, I understand why they don't but when I watch other games on TV, it seems like they show former players on the sidelines more. For whatever reason, I don't recall seeing that much at all during our games. Not trying to make an issue where there isn't one.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Melvin was here
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Sydney Rice said "Gaffney High" the other night on SNF.

**Sorry just saw someone mentioned this already.**

Last edited by eightohhthree; 12-27-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: oops
eightohhthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

They had players in during their off weeks this year. They may not show it on TV but they do recognize them in the stadium.

I think the school thing is a mindset some Gamecock players don't have. At other schools upperclassmen will drill the school mindset into the younger players to a point where promoting the school is one of the primary goals. That just doesn't happen at SC for whatever reason.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Wasn't Alshon here one game? I bet Marcus comes by!!! AND says U of SC!!

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I would list my school as 'The Clemson Killers'
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Some players use that opportunity to show respect to their home, some use it to rep their university, others well.....

Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I don't have a problem with them representing their hometown. It seems like the ones who leave early are the ones with the least lover for their colleges. Of course as witnessesd by the videos, some of them are just thugs.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I think captain reps us.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #19
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

nevermind
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #20
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yes, I understand why they don't but when I watch other games on TV, it seems like they show former players on the sidelines more. For whatever reason, I don't recall seeing that much at all during our games. Not trying to make an issue where there isn't one.
Do you attend the games? Seems like there's a former player at almost every game...not sure what you're talking about.