CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
The Yancey
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Travelin
Decommitment from Te (1381)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (961)
Cleveland Browns Hea (831)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Former Gamecock root (494)
Four USC Basketball (446)
Props to Eric Hyman. (354)
Need a dog kennel (343)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (273)
Bowl packages (252)
looks like we have 2 OL r
Cleveland Browns Headshot
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
It's that time of year!
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Decommitment from Texas A
Garcia and Clemsux Tom
Franks boy's are playing
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
My early Monday dinner .

Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Favorite -Big -Middle Size or Small City/Town in SC

What would you say is your favorite big - middle size or small city/town in South Carolina that you like to visit that is not your hometown or the place that you are living in now?

My big city would have to be Charleston, SC as I love it for the seafood, the history, and there is just so much to do down there.

My middle size city would be Rock Hill, SC as they have the best wings in the world and it is also just a great place to live and visit as I have kinfolk there.

Leesville, SC - Home of Shealy's Bar-B-Que. Not so crazy about their Bar-B-Que, but the other food is most excellent and the people that work there are very nice and polite. I have been going there since the 1980's and it you can't beat it for the money. They also have some nice little shops to look at in the town.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Favorite -Big -Middle Size or Small City/Town in SC

Big- Charleston

Medium- Rock Hill

Small- Camden
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Hankhill
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
Hankhill has hatched from the shell

"Rock Hill, SC as they have the best wings in the world "

Please tell me where these wings are. I've lived here for a little over a year now and can't find a decent wing joint in town. Luke's Sports Bar is about the closest thing I've found that could be called a good wing. I know a lot of people love Wing King...but I just don't see it. All of their wings taste the same...really a weird thing. The upside to the place is that can occassinally run into Jadaveon in there over the summer.

Edit: And yes, I just posted for the first time on Cocky Talk for this. Lurk daily, though. Didn't realize until now how seriously I take my wings, I guess.
Hankhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22007959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Clinton, SC
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I love Charleston... my favorite place in SC by far...

Middle sized town: I like Aiken and Rock Hill.. pretty good people there..

Small town: Well, I do like the town I live in (Chapin)... its a mix of transplants and locals... but its a good mix

There is a small town that I had to live in for 6 LONG EFFING YEARS... I HATED EVERY DAMN MINUTE OF IT! Just so I do not piss anyone off that lives there currently, I will not name the place... but it was AWFUL... Here are some of the characteristics of this hellhole:

(A) Racism there is awful
(B) If you were not born&raised there... you are not accepted...
(C) The "church goers".. they would be the ones drunk off their collective asses on a Saturday Night, starting fights in the 1 bar there..
(D) People there know your business(and start rumors about you)... when you confront them about it, they cower like little bitches..

Im not bitter or anything... :)

Hint: Its between Columbia and Charleston.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Big City ~ Charleston

Middle Sized ~ Simpsonville (my hometown)

Small ~ Edisto
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Snake
Respect My Authoritah

Male

CockyCash: 1600
Snake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot material

Big-Charleston

Middle-Lexington (my hometown)

Small-Edisto Beach
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Big - Charleston
Medium - Aiken (I guess...would go with Rock Hill, but that's my hometown)
Small - Edisto Beach
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Big - Charleston
Medium - Aiken (I guess...would go with Rock Hill, but that's my hometown)
Small - Edisto Beach

Still amazed you know where I was talking about!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Still amazed you know where I was talking about!
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

I think you gotta give some love up for Pawley's Island- guess it would be under small.

Just an awesome place.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I love Charleston... my favorite place in SC by far...

Middle sized town: I like Aiken and Rock Hill.. pretty good people there..

Small town: Well, I do like the town I live in (Chapin)... its a mix of transplants and locals... but its a good mix

There is a small town that I had to live in for 6 LONG EFFING YEARS... I HATED EVERY DAMN MINUTE OF IT! Just so I do not piss anyone off that lives there currently, I will not name the place... but it was AWFUL... Here are some of the characteristics of this hellhole:

(A) Racism there is awful
(B) If you were not born&raised there... you are not accepted...
(C) The "church goers".. they would be the ones drunk off their collective asses on a Saturday Night, starting fights in the 1 bar there..
(D) People there know your business(and start rumors about you)... when you confront them about it, they cower like little bitches..

Im not bitter or anything... :)

Hint: Its between Columbia and Charleston.
Tell us!!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Tell us!!

I will PM ya...

Disclaimer: If it is your hometown, dont be mad!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Tell us!!

Unfortunately, this is the MO of many small towns in South Carolina.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
Unfortunately, this is the MO of many small towns in South Carolina.

When MarkyMark sent me a PM, and asked if it was _______.... that should tell you the place has issues..

Ive been in plenty of small towns in SC... but this place is just... awful..

And my more memorable moment.... Carolina had just lost to Clemson in football (2005 game).... and well, our Sunday School class (about 80% Clemson fans)was ALL about the game... and our "teacher" hammered all of Carolina the whole hour... Well, the next year... we won... and NOTHING was mentioned about the game the next day... Still hate that Mo-Fo to this day... and when Carolina beats that Tiger ass.... he is the first person I think of!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Metal.... You aint from there, are ya?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I will PM ya...

Disclaimer: If it is your hometown, dont be mad!
While it does at least somewhat sound like my hometown, it also sounds like many small towns around here so I wouldn't care

Also, mine isn't exactly well-known or has a reputation so it would surprise me if someone would guess it
Old 12-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Big town- Charleston

Medium- I'm not familiar with a lot of places in the up state so I'm gonna have to keep it local and say Georgetown(historic side not paper mill side)

Small Town- I'd have to say Garden Cityl
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Quote:
Metal.... You aint from there, are ya?
Haha, no..

But I'm not far away from there.. I didn't know they had a rep, though

Pretty funny
Old 12-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Big - Columbia

Middle - Rock Hill

Small - Blythewood