CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
ReadR00ster
4gamecockfb
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2839)
how has more ESPN an (1578)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1111)
Gamecock Legacy recr (766)
Women's bb - Deshiel (506)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
22 ways to annoy peo (391)
$15 home AC (368)
Hope Springs Eternal (303)
Why sports will alwa (255)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Steak and eggs
how has more ESPN anounce
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 01-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default the qb questions will continue...

well, we all thought that it would be answered in the bowl game, but i don't think it was.

i thought both qb's played very well at times, and both played poorly at times. so, of course, the debate will go on all off-season. lol. well, at least we will have something to talk about. both qb's had two td's, and both had good completion percentages. a win is a win, and i am happy to get it.
no matter what, you can't take anything away from shaw for driving the team down the field at clutch time, and you can't take anything away from thompson for finishing it off when shaw was hurt. great win!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: the qb questions will continue...

You can't back off your original stance broski.

Kidding.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Dylan
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

That's funny...I believe that everything that I posted on this topic was vindicated today.

to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
well, we all thought that it would be answered in the bowl game, but i don't think it was.

i thought both qb's played very well at times, and both played poorly at times. so, of course, the debate will go on all off-season. lol. well, at least we will have something to talk about. both qb's had two td's, and both had good completion percentages. a win is a win, and i am happy to get it.
no matter what, you can't take anything away from shaw for driving the team down the field at clutch time, and you can't take anything away from thompson for finishing it off when shaw was hurt. great win!
One QB played basically the whole of the game...one played about 7 plays...
to come true." Bodhi.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the only play one could really complain about with dylan was the lone sack he took, but i'd have to look at it again to see if theres anything he could have done.

connor missed some throws at different points, but overall played outstanding. the qb debate will certainly continue, but im hopeful the perspective from most fans has turned into we have two very good quarterbacks that we can with it rather than divisive back and forth.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Dylan also had a great play that Byrd missed in the endzone. Dylan is MOney off the bench or not!
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

We have a terrific problem being that we have 2 quarterbacks that we can count on. That being said, I don't believe that Shaw would have been able to make that throw that DT did at the end of the game. That was NFL city.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
InMyCockyZone
Walk On

Male

InMyCockyZone has hatched from the shell

I'm just happy both are gamecocks and we won the game. Today's performances will push both abs into great competition in the offseason.
InMyCockyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

my two cents: may 2013 be the year of thompson
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Fortunately the entire QB question is now moot until spring camp.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
We have a terrific problem being that we have 2 quarterbacks that we can count on. That being said, I don't believe that Shaw would have been able to make that throw that DT did at the end of the game. That was NFL city.
Spot on.

I thought that it was funny that Lattimore said in his interview that Connor could play tailback.
to come true." Bodhi.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

its a great problem to have....both QBs can win us games
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

I'm thrilled to have Connor and Dylan returning next year -- the outstanding play by BOTH bodes very well for 2013.

Regardless which QB you prefer, it's time to STOP with the incessant Shaw bashing that so many on this site relish in. If anyone wants to bash Shaw after his gallant and terrific effort today, I sincerely hope that they have their nuts torn off by a Rottweiler.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Interesting ESPN stat from the game article..

"With his 70-yard pass to Nick Jones, Dylan Thompson has three completions of 50-plus yards on 121 passes this season. Connor Shaw only has five such passes in 430 career throws."
Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 225700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Interesting ESPN stat from the game article..

"With his 70-yard pass to Nick Jones, Dylan Thompson has three completions of 50-plus yards on 121 passes this season. Connor Shaw only has five such passes in 430 career throws."
I think that might be checkmate on that part of the argument. Great stat!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spurs

If you don't think we have TWO very good quarterbacks, i'm sorry. You must be damn clueless.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
Fish Tacos
Recruit

Male

Fish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talons

i think they compliment each other well. connor can make the deep throw but i think dylan has better downfield vision.

connor has better scrambling abilities. i hope nobody forgets that elusive move he made to stay on his feet and make that the throw to ace (the one he eventually got hurt on)

ultimately, this is a great problem and far different than the garcia/smelley dilemma of 08. in that situation, we had two quarterbacks who played like crap and SOS didn't know what was the lesser of two evils. in this case you have two qb's who have stepped up HUGE in big games when needed and both made plays that show they have the heart, character and will to win. you can bet your ass both will be playing next year. and based off of connor's reaction to dylan's first TD throw and game-winning TD throw, they clearly have good chemistry and want to win. i dont think it would cause an issue
Fish Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
I think that might be checkmate on that part of the argument. Great stat!
No its not. How many runs of 50 yards or plus does Connor have? You know rushing is part of the game too and we sure as hell all cheer when he takes off of 70 yard runs.

Also, lets be really honest here.. On the TD pass to Ace in the back of the endzone after the Clowney hit, I bet you would have said Connor couldn't make that pass. But it was Connor that threw it. You will deny it, but if Dylan had thrown that exact same TD which was a perfectly thrown ball, you and some others would have said Connor couldn't have made that pass. Don't lie.

Bottom line... Spurrier gave BOTH OF THEM game balls. Why is it that some of you feel this incessant need to try and put down Connor?

Spurrier's exact words after the game was that Connor played SUPER. Yet, some of you still act like he shouldn't even be allowed on the field. It absolutely blows my mind.

Is it really impossible for some of you to just think that we have two damn good QBs? Do you think Spurrier gives out game balls because the guy "can't play"??
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
Fish Tacos
Recruit

Male

Fish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
No its not. How many runs of 50 yards or plus does Connor have? You know rushing is part of the game too and we sure as hell all cheer when he takes off of 70 yard runs.

Also, lets be really honest here.. On the TD pass to Ace in the back of the endzone after the Clowney hit, I bet you would have said Connor couldn't make that pass. But it was Connor that threw it. You will deny it, but if Dylan had thrown that exact same TD which was a perfectly thrown ball, you and some others would have said Connor couldn't have made that pass. Don't lie.

Bottom line... Spurrier gave BOTH OF THEM game balls. Why is it that some of you feel this incessant need to try and put down Connor?

Spurrier's exact words after the game was that Connor played SUPER. Yet, some of you still act like he shouldn't even be allowed on the field. It absolutely blows my mind.

Is it really impossible for some of you to just think that we have two damn good QBs? Do you think Spurrier gives out game balls because the guy "can't play"??
agreed. 2 good QB's who compliment each other and could provide a real nice change of pace next season. hopefully we can work in some packages and get them both on the field. it would be a waste to have one sit out
Fish Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote