CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Spur's Addiction
gAmkok
eightohhthree
highstick
StormOfTalons
Order 66
Coulwoodwarlord
Goofyboy
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Rank the SEC startin (1497)
Defensive personnel (1345)
Kendrick salley (1340)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1236)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1236)
Cack's Toast of the (758)
Defense not an issue (736)
Legitimate, Unbiased (517)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (514)
open discussion of this t
Defensive personnel quest
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Defense not an issue....
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Kendrick salley
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
I guess we don't get all

Old 01-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default WHAT A DAMN GAME !

Michigan had a perfect gameplan against our Offense and Defense for
the most part and executed it very well. ....Carolina kept coming up with
the Big plays when we needed them and we didn't fold when it was all
on the line. Absoluety a fantastic game on both team's part.

I hate when the officials tried to take that one away from us. TOTAL
BS on the measure... But DAMN WHAT A PLAY BY CLOWNEY TO ERASE
A BAD CALL

Both QBs played exceptionally well most of the game, and both made some
bad plays here and there, but when it came time to win the game... Our
guys came through and Took Care of Business... It was a game we were
just not going to lose today.

One Hell Of A way To End A Season Huh ?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
InMyCockyZone
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
InMyCockyZone has hatched from the shell
Default Re: WHAT A DAMN GAME !

I agree both teams played there hearts out. Michigan had the better gameplan and we had the better players in my opinion.
InMyCockyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Agreed. Great way to end the season and start 2013. Happy New Year Gamecocks!!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
thelob
Walk On

Male

thelob is sharpening his clawsthelob is sharpening his clawsthelob is sharpening his clawsthelob is sharpening his claws

I found it rather amusing that ESPN jumped the gun with their coverage.
Read the Synopsis in the attached pics.
Luckily I was able to catch this before I refreshed the page.
Attached Images

thelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I'm exhausted. That took a ton of energy for me to coach those boys up today!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
auslander
Beach bum

Male

CockyCash: 710
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

I have no fingernails or hair left.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
SPURRIER
#1 Draft Pick

Male

CockyCash: 100400
SPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talonsSPURRIER has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I'm exhausted. That took a ton of energy for me to coach those boys up today!

Interesting....
SPURRIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

FREE BLOOMIN ONION!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

It was a thriller and am so happy for the seniors. You can't draw up a more exciting finish to your college career.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #10
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Good job, lob. Dewey defeats Truman!
SC Sandlapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

These are the kinds of games that make Champions out of players and
coaches, and Cardiac Patiences out of Fans.

Seriously... our younger players just got 10X better in this one game.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Awesome game. Probably the best South Carolina bowl in history.

Awesome doesn't even describe it. And i wasnt even there. I cant even imagine what it was like in Tampa
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post

A BAD CALL

The best Carolina win I have ever watched without question.

By the way, my flat screen was busted by a projectile University of Michigan helmet that flew through my screen after Clowney's hit, lol!
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

Wow, the records for Spurrier just keep falling. Most bowl wins by a South Carolina coach, 3, pretty small number but a record.

# of wins in two consecutive seasons: 22, beating his own record of 20 (2010-2011)
# of wins in three consecutive seasons: 31, beating his own record of 27 (2009-2011)
# of wins in four consecutive season: 38, beating his own record of 34 (2008-2011)
# of wins as a Gamecock football coach: 67

Wow, it is hard to believe the enormous difference he has made.
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
Fish Tacos
Recruit

Male

Fish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talonsFish Tacos has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGamecock View Post
Wow, the records for Spurrier just keep falling. Most bowl wins by a South Carolina coach, 3, pretty small number but a record.

# of wins in two consecutive seasons: 22, beating his own record of 20 (2010-2011)
# of wins in three consecutive seasons: 31, beating his own record of 27 (2009-2011)
# of wins in four consecutive season: 38, beating his own record of 34 (2008-2011)
# of wins as a Gamecock football coach: 67

Wow, it is hard to believe the enormous difference he has made.
best part of that, each record reflects a trend upward from year-to-year. love it. so glad to have SOS. now time to recharge and make that push for higher goals next season
Fish Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post

A BAD CALL

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

We're so blessed to see our team achieve this level of success after witnessing all the embarrassing losses and heartbreaks in the 1990s and even in Spurrier's early tenure. A lot of older fans passed on before they could enjoy this. This is one of the greatest finishes ever and it came against one of the most storied programs in all of college football. It reminded me of "the fade" from Erik Kimrey against Miss State that year. What a glorious day to be a Gamecock!!!
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

Great game, but we need to get away from this zone read junk. It's clear to me that the only reason it's had any success is through the sheer talent of Marcus L.

It's truly sad that we can't line up and rush the ball for 2-3 yards on first down.
Wagz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #19
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Awesome game...I'm spent just like after 2 minutes of sex

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
By the way, my flat screen was busted by a projectile University of Michigan helmet that flew through my screen after Clowney's hit, lol!
I'm thankful that I don't have a 3D TV. BOOM and then stuff was flying everywhere. I would love to see the running back's face right before impact.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote