CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 01-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his combscfanohio is developing his comb
Default ESPN Broadcast

I think this was far and away the best broadcast of any Gamecock game in a long time. Tirico and Gruden were terrific, did their homework, and knew the respective game plans and team tendencies. Neither were homers, called it like they saw it, and they both know their football.

Loved the Marcus shout out to Gruden.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN Broadcast

Gruden is awesome. That call of Bruce's TD was amazing. Clowney's hit too. "South Carolina deserves to have it, and they do." "Clowney just ruined his day."
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
TheCock
Walk On

Male

TheCock is sharpening his clawsTheCock is sharpening his clawsTheCock is sharpening his clawsTheCock is sharpening his claws

ehhh Gruden was mixing up players names all night but other than that it was a good game
TheCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The only reason everyone likes Gruden is because he never says anything bad about anyone.

Tirico is awesome though.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
The only reason everyone likes Gruden is because he never says anything bad about anyone.

Tirico is awesome though.
Tirico might be the best in the buisness
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Tirico might be the best in the buisness
I really don't like Mike and Mike, but when he fills in I listen.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I thought they were better than any recently.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20450
Mechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Saying that "anyone who has ever met Marcus is better for it" was really a nice touch.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20450
Mechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Though...i was getting annoyed at the constant "Someone from Michigans line needs to step up and rush the passer"....I'm thinking to hell with that...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Definitely the best ive heard in a while. Knew what they were talking about and werent very bias toward one team.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #11
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

They made a few mistakes here and there 'Carolina Panthers', name mix-ups, etc., but really did a good job for NFL guys calling a college game.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #12
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I thought they were better than any recently.
They were great. I didn't know who we had in the booth til just before the start, and was psyched we had those guys. Gruden did mess a name up on occasion, but he and Tirico make a solid duo, which made up for it.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #13
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

I don't know... I feel the game broadcast suffered because they did not spend half of a quarter talking about some hole-in-the-wall gas station restaurant that one of the announcers ate at.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #14
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCock View Post
ehhh Gruden was mixing up players names all night but other than that it was a good game

That was moslty due to the numbers switch-a-roo.

They called Thompson Shaw at one point but that is when Shaw came out and Thompson hit Ellington right after that.

They also said Brandon WIlds was on special teams for a play but it was another player wearing #22 (I Believe)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #15
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I don't know... I feel the game broadcast suffered because they did not spend half of a quarter talking about some hole-in-the-wall gas station restaurant that one of the announcers ate at.

Are you talking about Outback Steakhouse?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #16
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I'm usually very critical of the announcers but thought these guys were very solid. Tirico is really smooth and Gruden knows his stuff so well, he picks up on minute technical stuff very quickly and explains it clearly, which is what I like color analysts to do. i bet he's gonna be coaching some NFL team next year.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #17
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

They were great.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #18
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Only issue I really had was they kept saying Lewan proved he deserved his high draft slot today. Lewan was getting manhandled and needed help or held to stop Clowney. Whenever just alone, Clowney beat him.

I was really happy with how they handled the ref screw up. Instead of trying to stay out of it, they straight up called out the refs and said USC was screwed. That just made Clowney's hit that much better.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #19
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCock View Post
he called thompson shaw after a TD ONCE, THEN he said he messed up and made a mistake. they even said prior to the game that #5 and #10 were switching (byrd and jones) and they STILL got the names/numbers right all night. idk what you are talking about.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #20
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I'm usually very critical of the announcers but thought these guys were very solid. Tirico is really smooth and Gruden knows his stuff so well, he picks up on minute technical stuff very quickly and explains it clearly, which is what I like color analysts to do. i bet he's gonna be coaching some NFL team next year.
dude man makes 4 mil a year calling football.... he would be crazy to f that up
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote