CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
ReadR00ster
Rebel4ever
Well, as it turns ou (2366)
Luginbill says ECU s (2339)
What the heck is up (1767)
Next years RB situat (1655)
ECU fan here (1352)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1237)
Been a pleasure talk (1203)
Davis dinged up agai (1056)
Freaky Coincidence o (1048)
Defensive stand-arou (879)
For the love of God! -- P
New Photos by Travis Bell
So, Vanderbilt is next
Robin William's fakes dea
Davis dinged up again?
Well, as it turns out, we
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with
Defensive stand-around pl
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default What if Clowney had

What if Clowney had picked up the ball, and ran it in for a TD? Would he just be given the Heisman now? It might make it THE BEST college football play of all time.

PS: Kudos to Smith for being able to move after that hit. You can actually see him trying to grab Clowney's leg as he's being plowed over. Great awareness. I know I would be in the fetal position, pending I could move at all.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: What if Clowney had

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post

What if Clowney had picked up the ball, and ran it in for a TD? Would he just be given the Heisman now? It might make it THE BEST college football play of all time.

PS: Kudos to Smith for being able to move after that hit. You can actually see him trying to grab Clowney's leg as he's being plowed over. Great awareness. I know I would be in the fetal position, pending I could move at all.
It would have been one of the most epic plays ever in football.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Devin Taylor tripped up Clowney NOT Smith. You can see Smith reaching over and up and every other which away, but he's grasping for air. DT diving in on the play is what tripped up Clowney.

Not faulting Taylor at all ... just saying.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I agree Smith didn't tackle him, I was just giving him props for trying (if only grabbing air) on having the awareness to realize what was happening. He def just got tripped up by the pile of diving bodies. But if he had hurdled that pile, and was able to take a few steps down the field for a TD . . . . I just think the world may have ended or something. It would be the biggest play in college football history.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
USC_The_Cheetah
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spurs

ROTFL! That's a funny way to put it. Old school phrases rock!

The Corner Has Been Turned ~ Go Gamecocks!
USC_The_Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

What if Clowney had come into the game in top shape? He might have killed the Michigan running back. Coach Ward mentioned in his post game comments that Clowney played in the bowl game 8 pounds heavier than he was during the season. That also ties into the HBC's comments about how Clowney tired playing in the sun and had to be pulled several times, but seemed to come alive once the sun settled some in the second half.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Not sure how the officials would have called it but the helmet rule states that "If a ball carrier loses his helmet, the play will be blown dead immediately." I think that's what the long review was about, they were trying to decide if they could say the helmet came off before the fumble. Can you imagine the fall-out if they had called it a dead ball before it popped out?
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

There are only two things that would've been more impressive than what actually happened:
1. He takes the ball into the end zone or
2. He takes the ball, picks up the helmet, and takes both into the end zone.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #9
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

if he did that it would probably be the greatest play in sports history
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

It doesnt matter if he could have gotten up. I think the play is dead because Smith lost his helmet. Or does that only apply if you are the ball carrier?

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
It doesnt matter if he could have gotten up. I think the play is dead because Smith lost his helmet. Or does that only apply if you are the ball carrier?
Because Smith no longer had the ball, HE is out for that play. I guess he technically could be flagged for grabbing Clowney's leg, because HE (and only he) is no longer allowed to participate in the play.

If he held onto the ball and lost his helmet (like what happened on third down, right before the hit) the play should be blown dead there (and they should have spotted the ball 2 yards further back, where his helmet came off). But missed calls in this game were a dime a dozen.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
There are only two things that would've been more impressive than what actually happened:
1. He takes the ball into the end zone or
2. He takes the ball, picks up the helmet, and takes both into the end zone.

THIS!!!