CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
gromweat
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
ZenUSC
b381l
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1672)
All of our defensive (1403)
Spurrier Presser (1367)
Uniform thread (1156)
Cack's Toast of the (1145)
louisville (1047)
Rankings (1040)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1021)
3-4 "D" Ke (739)
Not a talent issue
All of our defensive play
Uniform thread
East Carolina Prediction
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Will Devin ever suit up f
3-4 "D" Keep it
Rankings
Recruiting Question
Defensive Backfield

Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default We need to stop this crap regarding the QBs!!

All of us. It is really sad. Connor and Dylan both are student athletes as South Carolina that bust their butts for the team. Neither one of them have ever represented the University in any way that can be regarded as anything except first class. They BOTH deserve better.

If you think Connor should be the starter, then that is great and it is great that you have such a high opinion of his play and what he has done. But there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Dylan's contributions to prove a point about Shaw. You think Shaw is better. That is all you have to say.

If you think Dylan should be the starter, then that is great that you have such a high opinion of his play. But again, there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Connor's accomplishments or saying Connor's "stats are inflated," etc.

If Andrew Luck somehow became a football player at South Carolina tomorrow, would it change anything about the abilities of Connor and Dylan? But I bet you some of you would all of a sudden feel the need to rationalize Andrew Luck playing by somehow putting down the other two. I don't understand why that is, but it is what happens.

It reminds me of what it would be like if we played a team like Alabama. The week before the game, many of you would start to discredit certain parts of Alabama's game. There would threads of posts that broke down stat after stat at how Alabama "just isn't very good at this and we will kill them in this area." If the comments were absolute fact, like in the situation of saying Clemson's defense sucks, I could see it. But a lot of times, it is really a stretch to see some of the things I read about our opponents and how they "aren't very good" and we will "expose this or that."

Why can't it just be a damn good team we are playing and if we beat them it just means we beat a damn good team??

But that is one thing and it isn't that big of a deal. I just use it as an example. This is completely different because it is our student athletes that we are talking about now. These are guys that have never disrespected the University in any way and yet there are people going out of there to discredit the accomplishments of both of them in these threads. To the point even, that some don't even want to credit one of them with the wins he has earned. Are you kidding me?

I think that is really ashame.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: We need to stop this crap regarding the QBs!!

I think we need to stop all negative talk across the board...it gets really crazy
Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

welcome to the off season.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Just kidding, I agree with what you said.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Shaw and Thompson will be alternating kicker/holder duties in 2013 so the threat of a fake is always there. Write that down.

Clowney would've been starting QB but since he's sitting out 2013, as he has nothing to prove to NFL teams, the starting QB role will of naturally fall to the next best DE on the team, with open competition in the spring. Keep in mind though that with Spurrier being Spurrier he's likely to go with the hot hand and likes to switch up QB's so the 2nd and even 3rd string DE's could see time at the QB spot.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
All of us. It is really sad. Connor and Dylan both are student athletes as South Carolina that bust their butts for the team. Neither one of them have ever represented the University in any way that can be regarded as anything except first class. They BOTH deserve better.

If you think Connor should be the starter, then that is great and it is great that you have such a high opinion of his play and what he has done. But there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Dylan's contributions to prove a point about Shaw. You think Shaw is better. That is all you have to say.

If you think Dylan should be the starter, then that is great that you have such a high opinion of his play. But again, there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Connor's accomplishments or saying Connor's "stats are inflated," etc.

If Andrew Luck somehow became a football player at South Carolina tomorrow, would it change anything about the abilities of Connor and Dylan? But I bet you some of you would all of a sudden feel the need to rationalize Andrew Luck playing by somehow putting down the other two. I don't understand why that is, but it is what happens.

It reminds me of what it would be like if we played a team like Alabama. The week before the game, many of you would start to discredit certain parts of Alabama's game. There would threads of posts that broke down stat after stat at how Alabama "just isn't very good at this and we will kill them in this area." If the comments were absolute fact, like in the situation of saying Clemson's defense sucks, I could see it. But a lot of times, it is really a stretch to see some of the things I read about our opponents and how they "aren't very good" and we will "expose this or that."

Why can't it just be a damn good team we are playing and if we beat them it just means we beat a damn good team??

But that is one thing and it isn't that big of a deal. I just use it as an example. This is completely different because it is our student athletes that we are talking about now. These are guys that have never disrespected the University in any way and yet there are people going out of there to discredit the accomplishments of both of them in these threads. To the point even, that some don't even want to credit one of them with the wins he has earned. Are you kidding me?

Amen!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

People discuss football on a football discussion forum. I don't know what else to tell you.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

No need for a qb battle discussion. Both are talented, both will play.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

like the picture on facebook says..."QB Controversy?? Na, QB Luxury!!"
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:

You're right...all I wanted to do was show why I think Connor is the better QB and has proven more...but never wanted to discount Dylan any and I don't think I have...but it has turned in to a more personal thing instead of pulling for both of our QBs and all of our players. To sum it all up...go Connor and go Dylan...may the best QB win and whoever SOS chooses to start will be the best to lead us to another historical season!

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

This is not a Garcia vs Shaw situation.... these 2 kids pull for eachother when the other is out on the field... Dillion has really improved during the season, and Shaw has done very well, considering he has been hurt the 2nd half of the season
Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:

I agree. Stop the crap. I apologize for the "stats inflated" remark, so please stop spreading the crap around. I have stated over and over that they are BOTH starting caliber quarterbacks.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

I can't see this thread ending well...
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

NM

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
NM
LOL!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
LOL!
Damn white text!

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I have no problem with people discussing the merits of either QB.

Where I think some folks need to mature is when they start tearing one of them down. That's just ignorant.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I have no problem with people discussing the merits of either QB.

Where I think some folks need to mature is when they start tearing one of them down. That's just ignorant.
Agreed and that was the point I was trying to get across. You were just much more to the point than me. That is not surprising.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #19
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

If people can't understand that the more quality and depth we have at each position gets us close to a Championship, well they probably never played sports .
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #20
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
People discuss football on a football discussion forum. I don't know what else to tell you.

THIS

Another pointless thread OP, good job wasting your time writing a "holier than thou" post