CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
sanford
Order 66
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Backup QB competitio (2820)
2014 Preseason USA T (1306)
Anyone heard anythin (998)
Ranking the SEC Fema (849)
Future Non-Conferenc (699)
Spurrier on the cove (465)
What Would You Do? (424)
Ranking the SEC scho (340)
Kewl video (313)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (278)
Anyone heard anything abo
Elcid99
Tupelo Honey Cafe
Cheap jersey and very nic
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Future Non-Conference Sch
2015 - Albert Huggins
Re-Airing South Carolina
An Aggies View of the Mat
What ever happened to Phi

Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Dr. James Andrews is Worried About RGIII's Knee

Quote:
World-renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews is worried about Robert Griffin III's right knee. He has been since the Washington Redskins' rookie quarterback took a nasty hit during a narrow Dec. 9 win over the Baltimore Ravens.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews told USA Today on Saturday. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering, and I'm holding my breath because of it.
"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

Andrews was on the field that day, and there is a dispute as to how the injury originally was handled. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Andrews cleared RG3 to return. Andrews said that didn't happen. Griffin went back in for four plays before shutting it down.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."
Quote:
This is the second time Shanahan has been questioned about the handling of a Griffin injury. The Redskins were fined $25,000 after saying Griffin was "shaken up" in Week 5 when he really sustained a concussion.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-james-andrews
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dr. James Andrews is Worried About RGIII's Knee

Ole Shannahan trying to win at all costs. I would trust what a world renowned orthopedic surgeon who has operated/treated many bigh profile athletes has to say.. Might be worth taking into account what he has to say.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

i agree i would trust andrews before the coach
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

He's definitely got the skill to be a great passer.
I just don't think with his size these designed runs are very good for his health

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

He is playing hurt right now (yeah, I know, everyone is) but RGIII looks in pain out there in this game.

Where is Kirk Cousins?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Whelp, good reason for him to be worried as he just tore his ACL going for the bad snap.
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Damn... His knee is shot.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

wow....while i have been hating this RG3 hype all year, i hate to see what just happened

gotta wonder whats going through skins coaches minds.....i mean, it was obv that he was limping whole game, why not use cousins?

and after reading that article, something is wrong with Shanahan if everything that Doc says is true
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_doc View Post
Whelp, good reason for him to be worried as he just tore his ACL going for the bad snap.

it didn't look good. so they gamble and lose this game and griffin probably for next year if he did tear it. fail
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

If he tore something and they can't trade Cousins (aka why they drafted him, to recoup some draft picks) that will be a significant hit to the franchise's future.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Stupid move by the coaches.

Damn. Sorry RGIII, he seems like a really classy guy.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

That was difficult to watch. Cousins should have been in the game. I know RG3 had lidocaine in there. I can only wince at how it felt after it wore off.
Along that line...Drew Peterson and his monster season must be great therapy for Marcus. his ACL/MCL was just a year ago.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
If he tore something and they can't trade Cousins (aka why they drafted him, to recoup some draft picks) that will be a significant hit to the franchise's future.
I think they really like Cousins, doubt they would trade him for another QB.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #14
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
They are going to need him now.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Think he meant for other players/picks.

Kind of like what New England got for Matt Cassell or how GB was compensated when they lost Flynn

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #16
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
They obviously drafted him to groom him some and then trade him later to get more draft picks. Shanahan was known for doing that in Denver. As it stands though they should have just started Cousins from the get go in this game. I really like the way the kid plays and if he has to be the starter next year with RGIII being out I see him doing just fine.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

I really hate to see that happen to him, I thought it was really careless what the coaches have been doing with him all season. I saw that one play a few weeks ago when they sent rgIII out as a receiver on a trick play and he got rocked, I was thinking "they're gonna get this kid killed!"
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

If the doctor was really that scared about it, have pulled the plug on him again. Did Shanahan really lie about the doctor?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #19
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Tom Brady had a knee injury and the man never leaves the pocket. Manning was injured too. Injuries happen & not just to running QB's. You gotta think RGIII was saying he was ok the whole time so he could play because he's a gamer. Sometimes coaches have to make a decision that's in the players best interest if they don't make it for themselves. It was clear he wasn't in good shape after he came up limping. I think he probably told Shanahan he was good to go, and Shanahan then should have pulled him. Tough call though in a playoff game that you had a lead in, especially if the player is trying to convince you he's ok. The play where RGIII fumbled was a little fluky but probably wouldnt of happened had his knee been 100%.

I think they were in win at all cost mode for so long that RGIII just didn't want to have the season end with a loss because he was injured (It ended up turning out that way anyhow). Atleast from now on they'll be better prepared when it comes to dealing with injuries.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #20
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
That was difficult to watch. Cousins should have been in the game. I know RG3 had lidocaine in there. I can only wince at how it felt after it wore off.
Along that line...Drew Peterson and his monster season must be great therapy for Marcus. his ACL/MCL was just a year ago.