CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
markp_vip
QCB
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
BAW
Texas athletic director:
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa

Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC4life15 has hatched from the shell
Default I want that to be us

I'm not too excited about Alabama winning it all. Yes, they're SEC, but Bama is a dynasty of their own. While watching the game, I kept thinking about the LSU and Florida games. Had we beat UF, we would have played Bama in a semifinal to get to the title game. We aren't that far away, and it really bothers me that people tend to think we're incapable of winning it all or appearing in the national title game. Bama is a monster, but there's no reason we shouldn't be lining up against them to play for the title game. Losing to Auburn at home by 3, on the road to Arkansas last year, and then the close loss to LSU and fluke performance vs UF this year. We're so close to breaking through and it is driving me crazy. These past two seasons have been great, but I want more than just an 11 win season with a Outback or Capital One bowl game. Imagine us playing in the spotlight or at least a BCS bowl. I feel next year is our year with the schedule and the offensive players returning.
USC4life15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: I want that to be us

SEC is a hard road man!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

Very hard, but we were 1 game away from being in virtual semifinals the past two seasons. Beat Auburn or Arky last year, we're a 1 loss team vs LSU in the SEC Title game. Odds are we make the title game with a win. Beat UF this year, and we're in a semifinal vs Alabama. Next year we finally have a favorable schedule in regard to our west opponents. Hoping it'll be the break through season
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

So does Vic. I think the players realize now how close we were to going to Atlanta for a winner to the national championship game. You have to know Georgia and its fans are sick. ..six yards away. I think any of the top SEC teams would have won this game.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Te'o is a scrub !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
So does Vic. I think the players realize now how close we were to going to Atlanta for a winner to the national championship game. You have to know Georgia and its fans are sick. ..six yards away. I think any of the top SEC teams would have won this game.
....SOB $^%#@%^&*&^%$##@@^&*((
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
....SOB $^%#@%^&*&^%$##@@^&*((
I couldn't imagine how you feel. So close to tasting a title this year, but still should be proud of how tough your team played Bama and must be excited about next year with Murray returning.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I will guarantee that along with Bama, at least 8 other SEC teams would have beaten Notre Dame. Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Texas A&M, LSU, Vandy, Ole Miss and Miss State all would have won the crystal in Miami tonite.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Honestly....I think A&M, UGA, or USC would have won this game if matched up against Notre Dame. They played weak team and honestly were handed two games by the refs (Stanford with the horrible no-TD call and Pittsburgh with the two men of the same number on the field). Bama vs Oregon would have been a fun game I think, but oh well. Maybe in two years.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #10
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

All I can say is, the day this takes up residence in Columbia will be one of the happiest days of my life..........My first child born in April '13 and a National Championship in January '14.

Gapo
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 AM   #11
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GapoGamecock51 View Post
All I can say is, the day this takes up residence in Columbia will be one of the happiest days of my life..........My first child born in April '13 and a National Championship in January '14.

Gapo
Could you imagine the atmosphere in Columbia? Everyone would be so excited and happy, streets would be full of people. Here's to next year being something very special!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #12
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

It make me a little sad to sit and think about how close our team was this year.

But I loved this past season, and we're going 11-2 annually, instead of 6-6, 7-6
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #13
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC4life15 View Post
Could you imagine the atmosphere in Columbia? Everyone would be so excited and happy, streets would be full of people. Here's to next year being something very special!

I would definitely be there......If we ever won the SEC you would get a little taste of what it would be like.........But a National Championship in College Football, Columbia would explode. I'll second that.

Gapo
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #14
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

SOS has us where we need to be ! It's a great time to be a Gamecock and we have become an "in" team to be pulling for . Once Frank gets us back on the basketball map , lookout !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #15
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I think everyone wants that to be them... Maybe one day.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 AM   #16
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

We will get there, just be patient. We as a team shall overcome.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #17
upstatescw
Jorts extraordinaire

Male

CockyCash: 600
upstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervous

Fans of at least 4 other SEC teams feel about the same way right now, because they 'let one get away'. Its so tough to win the sec and it takes a lot of luck, whether that be in scheduling, injuries or lack thereof, balls bouncing the right way, etc.

Funny thing is, the sec champ game has typically been tougher for the eventual national champ than the nc game itself. So yeah, get to the nc game and win and you are most likely the national champions, it seems.
upstatescw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 AM   #18
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

That just looked like a team that would whoop our tails in the SEC CG.. Just gotta be honest here. I know it's Notre Dame, but they didn't lose all season, so they couldnt of been all that bad.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #19
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Steve Spurrier approves of this thread.

Man it's awesome to see. And I agree and so do the players too. Who would have ever thought in our lifetimes we'd be saying "an 11 win season is not enough"? Awesome.

And I agree with Rob, ND was a disgrace to football and we would have smacked them in the mouth.

Things sure are gonna be tough next year. But we're right there in the mix.

Awesome
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
That just looked like a team that would whoop our tails in the SEC CG.. Just gotta be honest here.
like they whooped georgia? or like bama whooped us in 2010?
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote