CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
Spurticus
GH
Gamecocks1137
75CarolinaFan
JoeMorrisonLives
Rooster'srule
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
Welcome to Moe's (629)
Jay Paterno Attempts (578)
help with army insig (266)
Hercules - review (263)
I'm a grand godfathe (144)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (58)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (55)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (38)
George Miller revisi (38)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (23)
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 Commitment - Paris P
2015 - Albert Huggins
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE Texa
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Davon Durant
Help Give Cocky a Home
Official WWE Thread
2015 - Mon Denson

Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous
Default Lewan, passionate Michigan fans

For those of you who have said college football isn't as important to some of us up north as it is to SEC fans-here's the discussion thread from Mgoblog last night as Taylor Lewan unexpectedly announced he would return for his senior season. (He is our All-American left tackle, if you don't remember from the bowl game, who was supposed to go from 10-15 in the draft. And before you say anything, he wasn't responsible for Clowney on THE hit.) Compare it to your reaction if Clowney had a similar announcement after next season.

There's video of the announcement available-he spent the first two minutes explaining why he felt ready for the NFL and all but saying he was leaving-then paused for ten seconds and said something along the lines of "And that's why I have to come back to the University of Michigan and help lead team #134 to a Big Ten championship." I personally catapulted up from my chair-and I'm in no shape to catapult at this point in my life-and screamed loudly enough that my neighbor came over to check and see what was wrong.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/lewan-an...-comin-back-yo
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: Lewan, passionate Michigan fans

I think it's wonderful. Good Luck to him and to Michigan in 2013.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I think he did great in the game, certainly improved his draft stock.

I beleive that that Jake Matthews (A&Ms right tackle) will be staying as well.
You'd figure he'd move to LT with Joeckel heading out.

Next years draft should have 3 studs at that position in Lewan, Matthews and Kouandjio.

Put that with Guys like Clowney and Marqise Lee, that is looking to be a pretty talented draft class.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

These "announcements" are becoming worse than the recruiting commit announcements; "big" press meetings, gameshow suspense schemes, hyperbolic emotional responses.... I mean really, all this fanfare.

Besides how many of these returning "superstars" actually achieve their goals on their return vs. flopping and watching their draft stock take a hit.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Good for Lewan. Sounds like he has his priorities in order.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot8481 View Post
These "announcements" are becoming worse than the recruiting commit announcements; "big" press meetings, gameshow suspense schemes, hyperbolic emotional responses.... I mean really, all this fanfare.

Besides how many of these returning "superstars" actually achieve their goals on their return vs. flopping and watching their draft stock take a hit.
Matt Bark....no wait you said achieve their goals.

but I hope that Lewan does well next season. He held, literally, his own against Clowney.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

That is great for you Michiganders. He was very impressive.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
For those of you who have said college football isn't as important to some of us up north as it is to SEC fans-here's the discussion thread from Mgoblog last night as Taylor Lewan unexpectedly announced he would return for his senior season. (He is our All-American left tackle, if you don't remember from the bowl game, who was supposed to go from 10-15 in the draft. And before you say anything, he wasn't responsible for Clowney on THE hit.) Compare it to your reaction if Clowney had a similar announcement after next season.

There's video of the announcement available-he spent the first two minutes explaining why he felt ready for the NFL and all but saying he was leaving-then paused for ten seconds and said something along the lines of "And that's why I have to come back to the University of Michigan and help lead team #134 to a Big Ten championship." I personally catapulted up from my chair-and I'm in no shape to catapult at this point in my life-and screamed loudly enough that my neighbor came over to check and see what was wrong.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/lewan-an...-comin-back-yo
Since moving to STL, I have become more familiar with the Big 10 because I have so many friends that graduated from B10 schools. One of my best friends is a Michigan grad, plus I have had the pleasure of going to Ann Arbor once. Reminds me of those great Ivy League schools, but on a much grander scale!

No matter, I would have to say Michigan is my fav team of the Big 10 – especially since I hate OSU so much! I worked for a company here one time that did business in Columbus. I was rather indifferent towards OSU until my first trip to Columbus. Now they are one of my least favorite teams. Funny how that works! I put them in the same category as “you know who” from upstate SC!!!
St. Louis Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Great news for you guys, I was impressed at the way he and Clowney had much mutual respect for one another after the game, as apparently they BOTH talked about one anothers skill, that was pretty cool imo! Unlike our deranged Clemtech that likes to talk about how "sorry" our D-Line is...then get DOMINATED!! Good for y'all!!
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post
Since moving to STL, I have become more familiar with the Big 10 because I have so many friends that graduated from B10 schools. One of my best friends is a Michigan grad, plus I have had the pleasure of going to Ann Arbor once. Reminds me of those great Ivy League schools, but on a much grander scale!

No matter, I would have to say Michigan is my fav team of the Big 10 – especially since I hate OSU so much! I worked for a company here one time that did business in Columbus. I was rather indifferent towards OSU until my first trip to Columbus. Now they are one of my least favorite teams. Funny how that works! I put them in the same category as “you know who” from upstate SC!!!
I live in columbus. It is fine. People here love the Buckeyes. BFD - get over it.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

did lewan whiff on the hit when clowney hit robinson? He is a great player and glad he is coming back for Michigan...I wonder what all goes into a decision like this?
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

As long as we don't face you against in the bowl season next year ... GREAT NEWS!!!!!

It's VERY rare that you hear of a TOP First round draft pick sticking around for their senior season.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
did lewan whiff on the hit when clowney hit robinson? He is a great player and glad he is coming back for Michigan...I wonder what all goes into a decision like this?
No, worse than whiff. He actually audibled the block away from Clowney. There was a post bowl interview where he said he audibled the block because of where Clowney was lined up. Instead of blocking him with the TE as the play was designed he was going to go upfield to the LB, but the TE thought he would have inside help from Lewan. So Clowney made inside move and Lewan never touched him. See if I can't find the interview.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Good for him. I hope it's the right decision for him long-term, but it's really going to help you guys out next year.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

hes a good one and fans love players who love the university like he obviously does. hope he stays healthy next year. you only play in college once
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I have no disrespect for Michigan, that was the best bowl game of the year and one of the best bowl games we've ever been in, and yes I would have thought that had we lost. I would love a rematch
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdave View Post
Sometimes I think some of these guys are being persuaded to stay when they really should go. Most of these young men will never have an opportunity to make the kind of money they can make in the NFL. Injuries are more and more common for all the players now and the thought of risking big $$$'s over another year in college could be seen as a bad decision.

Hope he has a good year next year and gets drafted high.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Texas A & M tackle is leaving for the NFL, he will probably be the # 1 pick. Lewan will be a top five next year.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

How many teams are in the Big 10? Shouldn't the name change? IJS . Anyways, goodluck to Michigan. I hate Ohio State.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdave View Post
I don't see how. He's risking millions of guaranteed dollars. One injury could end his career. Seems like his priorities have placed the University of Michigan and their fans over himself, his future, his family, etc. He could always come back and complete a degree... and what's the point of a degree? To help you obtain a job so you can make money... soooo yeah.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote