CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
auslander
davisd9
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
M.C.
An Aggies View of th (1386)
Elcid99 (1210)
My predictions for 2 (1181)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (952)
Tennessee (950)
Erin Murray's brothe (588)
Question on Student (557)
Clowney in Practice (491)
Camp scheduled relea (398)
Bad movies that are (332)
John Abraham DUI
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
Travelle Warton retires
Tennessee
An Aggies View of the Mat
Elcid99
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
My predictions for 2014
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Green and Lammons

Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Not to take anything away from Thompson but...

Connor Shaw's last play of the Outback Bowl, the one where he spun to avoid the sack and kept his balance and completed the pass to Ace for the first down, was probably the most clutch play I have ever seen one of our players make. At least I can't think of a more clutch play right now. Not to mention just before he complete a clutch 4th down conversion and another pass to Ace with dudes hanging all over him. That kind of play is why he is still my preference to be the #1 QB. So I hope he has a speedy recovery from his injuries/surgery and can be fresh for the summer. I think Thompson's throw is overshadowing too much the work Shaw did on that drive.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
addisojc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 383
addisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his claws

"not to take anything away from the guy that one the game for us but I am"

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Not to take anything away from Thompson but...

What does praising Shaw for that play have to do with Dylan Thompson? Maybe both Qb's made huge plays on that drive that without either one of them USC does not win that game...

It's so funny to me that a majority of this fan base thinks they can't give one player a compliment without belittling another player or their accomplishments.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

"I can throw the fade."
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisojc View Post
"not to take anything away from the guy that one the game for us but I am"

"not to take anything away from the guy that "WON" the game for us"

fixed it for you!
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
addisojc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 383
addisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his clawsaddisojc is sharpening his claws

how about the clutch play when Byrd came back and made a great catch on the ball that was underthrown by 6 yards...great catch.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

That play won us that game.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476700
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

It was a TEAM win. Enough of this... We have two (maybe 4) great QB's. I am grateful. I can remember wishing we had 1
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
That play won us that game.
I'm sure everyone understands that Dylans throw won us the game. The problem most people have is that some people are forgetting about Connor and want Dylan to start next year. I think CS has earned the right to start until he loses it and not because of an injury or surgery.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisojc View Post
how about the clutch play when Byrd came back and made a great catch on the ball that was underthrown by 6 yards...great catch.

That one was almost as good as the underthrown ball that Ellington made an adjustment on for the TD.
Dizzy01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I don't think that one throw, or (DT's) performance in the Outback Bowl makes me forget about what Connor Shaw has done. I just think Dylan is a better passer. In turn, having a better passer in changes our play calls and opens our offense up more. This is just my opinion. If I got to pick, if we are up 10 points or less (or losing) DT should be in. If we are up over 10 points, put Shaw in.

Shaw's feet keep the chains moving and eats up clock. DT can put the ball where it needs to be and can hand off as good as anyone when we need to run. Just my opinion.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Connor Shaw's last play of the Outback Bowl, the one where he spun to avoid the sack and kept his balance and completed the pass to Ace for the first down, was probably the most clutch play I have ever seen one of our players make. At least I can't think of a more clutch play right now. Not to mention just before he complete a clutch 4th down conversion and another pass to Ace with dudes hanging all over him. That kind of play is why he is still my preference to be the #1 QB. So I hope he has a speedy recovery from his injuries/surgery and can be fresh for the summer. I think Thompson's throw is overshadowing too much the work Shaw did on that drive.
Define "clutch" so that we know our left and right boundaries.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I don't think that one throw, or (DT's) performance in the Outback Bowl makes me forget about what Connor Shaw has done. I just think Dylan is a better passer. In turn, having a better passer in changes our play calls and opens our offense up more. This is just my opinion. If I got to pick, if we are up 10 points or less (or losing) DT should be in. If we are up over 10 points, put Shaw in.

Shaw's feet keep the chains moving and eats up clock. DT can put the ball where it needs to be and can hand off as good as anyone when we need to run. Just my opinion.
Thank goodness you don't get to pick!!! haha just playing
Old 01-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post

Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Define "clutch" so that we know our left and right boundaries.
If Ace didn't make that catch, DT wouldnt have had a chance to make that throw.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post

I agree. There certainly should be room enough for both of them.

As for a "clutch play," Thompson stood his ground and threw that last pass to Ellington while a Michigan player was headed right at him. Thompson could see the guy, and he stood his ground, made the throw, and took a hit to the ribs that laid him out for several seconds. Had he tried to run out of it, we wouldn't be discussing how we won the game, because we wouldn't have won it.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

thank god it will soon be baseball season and we can move on from this topic
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

3rd and 19 at Clemson...pretty clutch run
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Spurrier will give them both ample opportunities to show who can be most effective. I think both guys will play a lot next season no matter what.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

He learned that play from Garcia.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote