CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4284)
Cunningham wants to (1089)
ESPN article on Clow (640)
Clemson Georgia Game (618)
Horseshoes has been (442)
Fumble party (343)
1964 World’s Fair (232)
New Led Zep releases (129)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (125)
Truly Inspiring (102)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
GamecockNation62
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockNation62 has hatched from the shell
Default Dylan Thompson

Dylan spoke at my church tonight; he is one heck of a man. Our football team is truly blessed to have this guy. He is an amazing Christian example and a very humble person. Listening to him speak was truly a blessing. Of course, our youth minister had to ask about The Hit. Dylan just laughed and said "That's when you just honestly thank God that he doesn't play for anyone else."

I'm looking forward to the future of Gamecock football! With a quarterback like this, but more importantly with a leader like this, our program will be very special for the next couple of years.
GamecockNation62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson

That's awesome!

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNation62 View Post
Dylan spoke at my church tonight; he is one heck of a man. Our football team is truly blessed to have this guy. He is an amazing Christian example and a very humble person. Listening to him speak was truly a blessing. Of course, our youth minister had to ask about The Hit. Dylan just laughed and said "That's when you just honestly thank God that he doesn't play for anyone else."

I'm looking forward to the future of Gamecock football! With a quarterback like this, but more importantly with a leader like this, our program will be very special for the next couple of years.
I'm going to say something that a lot of people won't agree with but
needs to be said. ..... Look at the state of this program 3-4 years
ago, and where it is / has been the last couple of years ( our best
season ever and best ever back to back years).... 3-4 even further back
we were on needles and pins most of the time, and waiting for the next
local article to come out in the news about one of players doing something
they weren't supposed to do off the field, and it more likely than not
involved alcohol, drugs, and / or happened at five points.

There have been no major off the field issues with this team the last
couple of seasons (our best season ever and best back to back seasons)
People can brush off stuff as "just kids being kids" or "I used to do the
same thing when I was in college" etc... BUT when you have leaders who
have their prioities in order and are firmly grounded in those things that
are more important that a game (Like their Religion, Their Families and
those around them who count on them) Then to me, it is no surprise
that the incidents of Stupid off the field decisions go down, and success
of the program gets better.

When your major leaders of the program over the last couple of years
were guys like DJ, Connor, Marcus and Dylan, guys who are strong
family oriented and strong in their faith.... THIS is why the program has
been taken to the next level from where it was a few years ago.

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" ~ Julius Campbell (from the movie Remember The Titans)

Last edited by Spurticus; 01-06-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" ~ Julius Campbell (from the movie Remember The Titans
We had the "Hit of the Year" on the first day of the year...today we may have the "Post of the Year".

I concur.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" ~ Julius Campbell (from the movie Remember The Titans
First, I absolutely agree with you that I think the character of our current kids is one of the biggest reasons for our team's success. I posted something after the Clemson game about how we had gone the entire season without an off the field incident (outside of Tanner). So I agree with you 100% that it makes a big difference and I agree that it is one of the most important factors. Trust me, I am on board with what you are saying in regards to that.

But I do think that a lot of the "kids will be kids" posts that come out are REACTIONS to other fans that want to castrate a kid when it does happen that they do something wrong. It is going to happen from time to time. Devonte Holloman was arrested for a DUI before last season. Devonte is a really good kid that made a mistake.

Just like everything else on a message board, people are going to see things two different ways and they are going to think their way is right. I know for me personally, I hate it when I hear one of our players did something wrong. My first reaction is to get frustrated with the player for making a dumb decision. But then as I start reading the message boards, I find myself becoming that person who says "kids make mistakes" etc. because of how ridiculous some of the comments can become that are just so ridiculously critical of a bad decision.

You are correct in that we shouldn't condone bad behaviour and say it is "just normal," but we also have fans that want to kick a kid off the team the first time he makes a mistake. Devonte is a perfect example. I absolutely remember this board after he was arrested for DUI and a good number of fans that simply want to show him the door. That is when a lot of us get defensive.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
We had the "Hit of the Year" on the first day of the year...today we may have the "Post of the Year".

I concur.

Can't put it no better than how Spurt put it...I was gonna reply with something very similar a little more God driven but after reading how Spurt put it...and knowing I couldn't put it any better...I will just add...our program is in good hands...and hopefully it will continue to spread through our players and the teams of the future! It's a great time to be a Gamecock!!

Here is a vid of him and Latti and Nicky Jones and Brandon Davis speaking a while back with the team chaplain in Spartanburg if anyone is interested in seeing it...it is a 7 part series but its well worth watching...amazing to hear the chemistry between our players...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aui1Ctcx2o4

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post

I concur.
Yeah these are the good times for sure.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
GamecockNation62
Walk On

Male

GamecockNation62 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post

Can't put it no better than how Spurt put it...I was gonna reply with something very similar a little more God driven but after reading how Spurt put it...and knowing I couldn't put it any better...I will just add...our program is in good hands...and hopefully it will continue to spread through our players and the teams of the future! It's a great time to be a Gamecock!!

Here is a vid of him and Latti and Nicky Jones and Brandon Davis speaking a while back with the team chaplain in Spartanburg if anyone is interested in seeing it...it is a 7 part series but its well worth watching...amazing to hear the chemistry between our players...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aui1Ctcx2o4
Yeah that's my church! The night with those four was absolutely amazing. Marcus's parents were there tonight. I almost cried whenever Dylan's dad recognized them.
GamecockNation62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNation62 View Post

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

dylan is one heck of a man before being one heck of a football player. i respect the way that he carries himself and he's a great role model
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #11
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Nm
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
doc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 380
doc has feathers coming indoc has feathers coming indoc has feathers coming in

I must be missing something,
I don't see any deleted entries.
Could someone please explain?
doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Justice Cunningham is another strong Christian as is AJ Cann.

I do realize that kids will be kids, and that some of them will get into trouble. I'm always for trying to help a kid get a second chance.

Dylan, Connor, Lattimore, and the others are not like the mainstream, and I, for one, am glad that these young men stand up for their beliefs and live their convictions.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #14
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" ~ Julius Campbell (from the movie Remember The Titans)
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Here's a story about it from goupstate. Dylan is da man-a leader on and off the field.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...6/1088/PSPORTS
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Here's a story about it from goupstate. Dylan is da man-a leader on and off the field.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...6/1088/PSPORTS
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Yes.
More than getting athletes...we have good ambassadors of the university.
Guys that come from winning programs, expect to win, but also hold themselves accountable.

Plus, we got some guys that can just flat play football.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

Dylan has some special qualities about him that have nothing to do with athleticism, that will make your football team better. His character qualities are equivalent to Clowney's athletic qualities.
Glamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:

i agree. I feel it all comes down to these kids staying busy in either a POSITIVE (church, family, civic duties) or a NEGATIVE(drugs, fights, theft) way. Im glad our kids have found God and arent embarrassed to show it.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #20
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spursJTsecSC has earned his spurs

Gamecocks. The best.

JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote