CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
sanford
usc1
TAFC 5 1981
B-G
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Spurrier vs Saban (986)
Jaguars Justin Black (917)
Gurley or Davis (620)
Expect A Healthy Dos (462)
Lattimore Sidelined (429)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (405)
Anyone Switching to (334)
Coach's media golf p (326)
Darth Vader 'Vette (287)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Expect A Healthy Dose of
Gurley or Davis
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Amonte Caban
college football match up
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Steve Spurrier - Say What

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb
Default Do you think Lattimore would have really stayed IF he never got injured?

Yes or no, and why.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you think Lattimore would have really stayed IF he never got injured?

No
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit
Default Re: Do you think Lattimore would have really stayed IF he never got injured?

Yes
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

/ end thread
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Although I believe Marcus is a man of his word and really wanted to play for four years here when he made the statements during his freshman and sophomore seasons, I also believe there were a couple of situations that would have pushed him to go pro as an underclassmen.

The injuries are plainly the reasons he is leaving now but I believe he would have left if, he would have graduated early (he and his family really wanted him to get his degree), he won the Heisman and a NC before the senior season, or if he projected in the top-ten after his junior season.

So my reasoning is that he was well on his way to accomplishing a lot of those goals without the injuries keeping him out of games, slowing him for a bit, and changing the amount that coaches were using him.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I believe he would have left. Shelf life of RBs is short and I think Spurrier would have all but ordered him to bolt and make money.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

i think he would have stayed
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I think it would have depended on how much he and the team had accomplished and also on his draft projection. If he felt that he still had things to prove and accomplish, I think there would have been a good chance at him staying all 4 years.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

No, nor should he have stayed. Players of his ability play 3 years and get drafted in the first round.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

nm

Last edited by Gamecockfanatic4; 01-21-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: retracted
Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

No, he would have submitted his paperwork, got the 1st round projections and Spurrier would have told him what he tells everyone with a 1st round projection, "Go"

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I believe if he wouldn't have had either injury, he would have stayed. The thought of getting hurt again before getting paid would scare anyone away.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #13
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material

YES
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #14
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

No way.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #15
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn4lyf View Post
YES

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

If he was never injured at all he would have, but the first injury alone would have been enough to make him leave as soon as he could.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
dirtycock
a one man wolfpack

Male

CockyCash: 1946
dirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his combdirtycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
If he was never injured at all he would have, but the first injury alone would have been enough to make him leave as soon as he could.
I agree with this.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

No

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I believe he would have...... but alas we will never know!

I doubt Marcus could even answer if you asked him...... other than to say he would have IF he felt it was God's will........
Old 01-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

IDK.. guess we will never know now. I look forward to seeing him play in the pros. Hope he gets a real legit shot, he should, he is Marcus Lattimore after all.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote